Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:53 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,116 Posts
hooow the heck do you do that so fast!?

sorry to have overlooked your FAQ, wooooow, it's a britannica encyclopedia sized FAQ!!

thanks for all the effort to keep that updated and the attention to detail!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Tsk, tsk, Huff! That information was in my FAQ, and the link about my FAQ is just a few posts above yours!
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:56 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,116 Posts
LOL

I've been like the energizer bunny after chuggin' 5 cans of red bull zig-zaggin' around out here on all these new threads for a couple hours now, I'm getting dizzy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makg View Post
He liked my post better!
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Feb 01, 2012, 09:00 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by interplanet View Post
Normally on rc tow planes you want to run a release on the tow plane as well, normally some sort of pin ran on a servo, just in case the glider release fails. They do sell aero tow packages for them as well.
Besides some RC Pilots flying the glider do such a poor job of it that they will crash the tow plan given half a chnace and enough time.

A full scale tow line would be expensive to replace perhaps and could be very dangerious if drops just any old where. A RC towline such as needed for these should take $1 worth of materials and be so light weight that it could not harm a blade of grass.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Feb 01, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Mar 2011
587 Posts
Does it come with a Horizon Hobby banner to tow around the neighborhood? That would be some good advertising right there... When your not towing your buddy's sailplane!
Barrett_G is online now Find More Posts by Barrett_G
Old Feb 01, 2012, 09:15 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,000 Posts
I'm fully impressed. This one sets the bar at a new level.

I like the mig. I love the cub.

-Jay
CyberJay is online now Find More Posts by CyberJay
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone 51" Sport Cub
Old Feb 01, 2012, 09:59 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,790 Posts
Oh man this thing is COOL! I have a Champ airframe with an AR6400, brushless motor/esc and light set that I have neglected to build...wonder how much I can get for it?
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:45 PM
United States, MI, Durand
Joined Apr 2011
7 Posts
Oh yes I need one of these.
twisted2007 is offline Find More Posts by twisted2007
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:46 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,543 Posts
I want.
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Feb 02, 2012, 05:37 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett_G View Post
Does it come with a Horizon Hobby banner to tow around the neighborhood? That would be some good advertising right there... When your not towing your buddy's sailplane!
That's a great idea! But I'm starting to worry about stuff like that now. It's quite heavy by itself. I'm thinking it could make a good FPV platform too, but I'm not so sure it can carry too much weight either. But hey, if it can pull that glider up, a banner is likely quite possible!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Feb 02, 2012, 07:01 AM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
this thread is gonna really be long
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Feb 02, 2012, 08:43 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,451 Posts
I know this is something I would like to experiment with, but hey, there's probably some guys who have done it on other airplanes already, so tell me what you think....

The Cub has flaps, but what about programming the ailerons so they can be used as spoilerons? Basically, by using flaps AND spoilerons together, you would get some sort of airbrakes? What about programming the ailerons as flaperons? Worthless?

Curiously yours.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Feb 02, 2012, 11:18 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,085 Posts
Ive seen many glider piltos experiment with combos like that for landing, as3x could probably even make flaperons work, provided you dont deliberatly tip stall!!
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Feb 02, 2012, 11:37 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,130 Posts
look how fast this thread is moving along.

definitely proof that high wing planes are still very much in demand; this one will sell very well
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:43 PM
Full size pilot
USA, WA, Bellingham
Joined Dec 2009
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
I know this is something I would like to experiment with, but hey, there's probably some guys who have done it on other airplanes already, so tell me what you think....

The Cub has flaps, but what about programming the ailerons so they can be used as spoilerons? Basically, by using flaps AND spoilerons together, you would get some sort of airbrakes? What about programming the ailerons as flaperons? Worthless?

Curiously yours.
I've done that on my larger cub. I have some over sized flaps on it but with the flaps down, and the ailerons up it drops like a rock. Pretty fun to mess around with.

I have tried the full span flaps and I didn't have as much fun with it as flaps down and both ailerons up. It wasn't worth it to run flaps and flaperons on my cub.
rx7weee is offline Find More Posts by rx7weee
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:55 PM
Joined Jul 2006
559 Posts
Looks very nice

microheli is offline Find More Posts by microheli