HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2012, 11:29 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,889 Posts
Quote:
It probably wont cure your problem but really the wing should be set to 1 servo aileron and 1 servo flap. They work off a Y lead, trying to separate the ailerons upsets the AS3X
+1. Configured as you have it the AS3X is getting confused and your ailerons response is probably not correct.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2012, 12:04 PM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblackmore View Post
My Cub arrived yesterday, weather was good for first day in about 3 weeks, bound to my DX8 and set wing to two servo aileron, one servo flap,
Bit curious. I have set mine to 1 Ail 1 Flap on the DX8 as I thought because it's AS3X that it would be similar to fly by wire and just takes roll input to feed both ailerons. The ailerons seem to be working correctly with it set for just 1 servo.

*** ooops I wrote this before seeing the other replies ***
Roblister is offline Find More Posts by Roblister
Old May 02, 2012, 12:16 PM
UK
Joined Apr 2005
66 Posts
Just got mine delivered this afternoon.

Set my DX7s to 1 ail and 1 flap and bound the Cub to it.
Got as for as the control check and after a couple of up down cycles my flap servo stuck full down ffs!!
It seems to have jammed up solid although the servo motor can be heard running, sounds like a dead servo to me rather than just binding.

I'll have to email the shop/ Horizon now.
Happymeal is offline Find More Posts by Happymeal
Old May 02, 2012, 12:21 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymeal View Post
Just got mine delivered this afternoon.

Set my DX7s to 1 ail and 1 flap and bound the Cub to it.
Got as for as the control check and after a couple of up down cycles my flap servo stuck full down ffs!!
It seems to have jammed up solid although the servo motor can be heard running, sounds like a dead servo to me rather than just binding.

I'll have to email the shop/ Horizon now.
I'm glad that they shipped all the bad ones to the UK so mine should be perfect when they get here.. I'm really looking forward to the flaps.. Might even add a go slow to them if I can..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old May 02, 2012, 12:35 PM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
I've just added a 1 sec delay on the flaps on the DX8. Seems to work ok but will have to keep an eye on how it behaves as I have the elevator mixed with flaps as Horizon advise. The elevator mix is instant while the flaps have the nice 1 sec delay.
Old May 02, 2012, 12:44 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblister View Post
I've just added a 1 sec delay on the flaps on the DX8. Seems to work ok but will have to keep an eye on how it behaves as I have the elevator mixed with flaps as Horizon advise. The elevator mix is instant while the flaps have the nice 1 sec delay.
I don't have a DX8 so I'll have to do it the old way..

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8863

But I'll do a lot more than just one second more like 10 or more. I like flipping the switch on base leg and having them slowly come down to full just before I start the flare.
Old May 02, 2012, 01:59 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,282 Posts
I've bound mine to my DX6i for now so I'm stuck with Flaps on the Gear channel.
When I get chance I'll bind it to my DX8 and put the Flaps on the proper 3 position switch. If I remember rightly the DX8 can be setup to put the Flaps on the rotary dial.
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old May 02, 2012, 03:01 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I don't have a DX8 so I'll have to do it the old way..

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8863

But I'll do a lot more than just one second more like 10 or more. I like flipping the switch on base leg and having them slowly come down to full just before I start the flare.
Do you mean that, on that shelf with a dozen or more Xalkera transmitters that you had to buy, NOT ONE OF THEM can help you now.?
BWAAAAA HAHAHAHA! I feel mean today.
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Last edited by A Rdnek; May 02, 2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old May 02, 2012, 04:06 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,282 Posts
Guys I need help with the Flaps.

I think HH really screwed up putting them on the Gear channel
My DX8 (and me...) are really messed up trying to set it up properly. I would like the Flaps on the rotary dial, there is no mention of how to do this in the book. At the moment I've got them working on the 3 position flap switch but can only mix elevator compensation to one setting not both

Also if you slow the flaps down the elevator compensation twitches. Not good....

Are there any alternatives or do I have to go in and swap the servo on the board?
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old May 02, 2012, 04:47 PM
Joined Mar 2011
597 Posts
You should be able to tell the DX8 which switch you want the channel to be be on... I can't remember off the top of my head which menu its in... I believe it'll be the one where you tell the servo to reverse.
Barrett_G is online now Find More Posts by Barrett_G
Old May 02, 2012, 04:58 PM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
SilentPilot, I don't know if your saw my earlier posting on using the DX8 here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=753 But my elevator doesn't twitch. However the programmed flap delay works great on the flaps but the mixed elevator is instant. Not sure how to use the rotary dial for flaps, might look into it. I am tempted to put the Spektrum module in my Futaba 12FG and use that as it has a lot more flexibility.
Old May 02, 2012, 05:02 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
Do you mean that, on that shelf with a dozen or more Xalkera transmitters that you had to buy, NOT ONE OF THEM can help you now.?
BWAAAAA HAHAHAHA! I feel mean today.
Ron

Yea,,, and of the lets see here, 1,2,3,4,5,6 sorry for got the SR one so 7 Spectrum TX's none of them are of any help either..

But that's OK I prefer to have the automatic flap extension anyways..
Old May 02, 2012, 05:26 PM
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
722 Posts
Is there any way to put flaps on the flaps channel on the 6i?
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Old May 02, 2012, 05:32 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by makg View Post
Is there any way to put flaps on the flaps channel on the 6i?
I will guess that is where they are after all it's a gear/flap switch..

EDIT I checked again and it's a GYRO/FLAP switch.. I was thinking of the Walkera layout..
Last edited by livonia bob; May 02, 2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old May 02, 2012, 05:54 PM
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I will guess that is where they are after all it's a gear/flap switch..
No.

SilentPilot said, "I've bound mine to my DX6i for now so I'm stuck with Flaps on the Gear channel." I was wondering if there was a way to switch the Gear channel (left shoulder of DX6i) to the FLAP channel (above left stick). So flaps operate on the FLAP channel, not the GEAR channel. Because I'm particular like that.
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg