SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:18 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by makg View Post
You really can't go wrong with any of the new AS3X planes that are out. (except the Hyper Taxi )
I like my Hyper Taxi. You can't get much more unique in looks, it develops additional piloting skills and it's a great small yard flyer for when I'm too lazy to walk a block to the park!
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:16 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, Helsinki
Joined Nov 2011
144 Posts
So do we have a release date? How about reviews? I'm really looking forward to buying the Carbon Cub!
vmmattil is offline Find More Posts by vmmattil
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:20 PM
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
728 Posts
I believe the first batch should be shipped out the second week of April? Not positive, HH isn't too rock solid on their arrival estimates.
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Old Mar 29, 2012, 07:27 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,240 Posts
Site says early May.
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:32 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Site says early May.
And they've NEVER been had to change those dates a few times before.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:55 PM
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Site says early May.
This is the due date for the 2nd (or maybe 3rd) batch, as the first batch which is due in April has already been preordered and are all spoken for.
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:57 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,477 Posts
Makg nailed it!

The way HH dates work has been explained & discussed ad nauseum in nearly every pre-release UM thread. For some reason, many people still forget how it works every time HH announces a new UM.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:01 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Makg nailed it!

The way HH dates work has been explained & discussed ad nauseum in nearly every pre-release UM thread. For some reason, many people still forget how it works every time HH announces a new UM.

Joel
Last year.
mCPx thread...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=3323;)

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:06 PM
Spokane, WA
Joined Aug 2009
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Yeah, unfortunately the date got pushed back a little bit ago and when I checked with my lhs, they have ship dates for their fast forward orders and that got pushed back til April 26. But that date is really meaningless also. Until they are on the boat over here it's a total mystery to everyone...including hh it seems. I hope I am wrong as mine should be on the first shipment to my lhs, but I am not expecting anything before April 26th at the earliest. I would expect that around the 20th-27th of April if we see the date get pushed again that may be a sign of the first order being close to shipping. Total speculation though.
pldawg is offline Find More Posts by pldawg
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:35 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,240 Posts
I have never seen this happen, it always seems to be first batch. Both the GeeBee and Hyper Taxi were scheduled for mid-late december, a week or two later it was january and then february. The people who pre-ordered the day it came out didn't get in mid-late december, they got it mid-february.
I ordered a MQX a month ago, then the date said "late march." Today is the last day of March. Site now says mid April. Even though I ordered when it said late march, I wont get mine until late April.
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Apr 01, 2012, 04:01 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,543 Posts
This is my first UMX. Just pre-ordered it and 10 x Turnigy Nanotech cells to run it.

Always wanted a Tundra tire plane like this! Just been watching videos of the full-scale version. Love it.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2012, 07:50 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Also agree.... They should not put any dates on the website until they are in the containers and on the boat. When they leave asia, it's then very easy to update the websites with the different dates since it's easy to add travel time, and distribution time... Date could only be off by a few days, not months.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:36 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,981 Posts
Yes the "early May" date concerns me too, but only because I am anxious, and it gets here when it gets here.

I just hope it is easy to get into that cockpit, because as good as this thing looks, it must have a pilot and dash! I look forward to seeing how some folks do their cockpits.
tclaridge is online now Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:53 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
I just received a email from Horizon Hobby that mine is shipping today April 1st. With the floats also..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Apr 01, 2012, 09:00 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,771 Posts
No April fools now please, we've gone past 1200 here in the UK
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install