Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:18 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
My new Cub (v2) and Floats are in the classifieds.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1815500

Mendo
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:58 PM
TAS Foamies was here!!!!!!!!
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Jul 2011
261 Posts
Thank you guys, I do plan to get other batts, I never buy batts from horizon, and I also plan to switch to just plugs, another thing I may or may not do is switch the motor out for one of the new hacker motors
ThatGuy123 is offline Find More Posts by ThatGuy123
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:37 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,085 Posts
Just got mine, seem to have a lot more down elevator authority than up, by about50%, I guess I should open her up and see if something is binding?
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:40 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,085 Posts
Sorry cant make my iPad do multiple photos in one post,
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:41 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,085 Posts
And down.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:41 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,442 Posts
Is that a version 2?
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:42 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,085 Posts
Yes.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:44 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,442 Posts
Very, very sorry to hear that....it appears nothing was done to cure the ailments of the version 1....lot's o' problems starting to crop up on the threads....
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:45 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,085 Posts
Well the original v1 when you put the pushrod in the innermost hole the rod rubbed and bound on the h stab, in v2 it is completely free on innermost hole.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:52 PM
Joined Feb 2012
485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
Very, very sorry to hear that....it appears nothing was done to cure the ailments of the version 1....lot's o' problems starting to crop up on the threads....
They're made in China, right?

What is the name of the actual producer?
It seems that quality control is lacking on many of their planes recently - three of the ones I bought in the past 6 months. One aileron servo on my Beast 3D has the same issue.
It could could also be a result of trying to satisfy demand in a timely fashion. In HH's defence though, they are good at rectifying problems.
midnite is offline Find More Posts by midnite
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:22 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,085 Posts
Diagnosed the issue, the pushrod was bending where it came out the fuse, cut some plastic to stop the pushrod from bending downwards during up elevator input, brought back about 30% throw, the u bend is also bending, but I'll wait until I have it mechanically trimmed after about a dozen flights to do that.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:29 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,085 Posts
Made a scale carbon cub exhaust, surprised I haven't seen anything similar here.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:42 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,445 Posts
Quote:
'
BTW - there was no inherent problem with the original CC servos. HH had a bad batch of linear servos that made it into the first batch of CCs and one batch of Beast 3Ds. The root-cause was that the factory skipped an established QC process. HH corrected the QC problem with the servos quite some time before the new CC came out. I think we're just seeing the normal linear servo failure-rates.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:59 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
BTW - there was no inherent problem with the original CC servos. HH had a bad batch of linear servos that made it into the first batch of CCs and one batch of Beast 3Ds. The root-cause was that the factory skipped an established QC process. HH corrected the QC problem with the servos quite some time before the new CC came out. I think we're just seeing the normal linear servo failure-rates.

Joel
I hear you Joel, and please understand, I'm not a Horizon Hobby hater....actually, I'm a fan. Really. It's just a little disappointing to hear of these issues from a company I totally respect...kinda like the Zero 300 which has had it's share of QC concerns. Both of these are also E-flite. I can't help but think there's some sort of correlation there, but then that's just sheer speculation

I guess I'm just not a fan of linear actuators...(I'm refraining from calling them servos, even though technically, they are...)

John
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:31 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,363 Posts
Quote:
I hear you Joel, and please understand, I'm not a Horizon Hobby hater....actually, I'm a fan. Really. It's just a little disappointing to hear of these issues from a company I totally respect...kinda like the Zero 300 which has had it's share of QC concerns. Both of these are also E-flite. I can't help but think there's some sort of correlation there, but then that's just sheer speculation

I guess I'm just not a fan of linear actuators...(I'm refraining from calling them servos, even though technically, they are...)

John
Of all my UM's I've only had two bad servos. The first was on my P-51. The aileron servo failed, but i was on my sixth can motor, and the poor bird had survived 14 months of daily flying, 3 packs a day minimum. The second was my Sukhoi XP. It was just a bad servo that would randomly fail and then correect itself. It would have been easy to replacce the servo, but when she failed she went to full throw and landed in a lake. the wind took 30 minutes to push her to the other side. Everything was ruined. The one thing I can say, if she goes full throw put all the surfaces at max throw and cut throttle. These birds are light enough to tumble to the ground relatively unharmed. Its just the price of flying in this scale.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster