Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:58 PM
United States, MD, Potomac
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
A UM Reaper would look cool, however it uses a v-tail and the AS3X can not handle that. I guess you could wire the v-tail to be only elevator, and that tiny vertical fin below the fuse to be rudder. You'd be really lacking rudder authority but it might work.

-Brian
Yeah, I was aware that the rudder would be iffy. The real problem is building the nose section...

The other project that really interested me was a L4 grasshopper
mkcp40 is offline Find More Posts by mkcp40
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:07 PM
Just gotta mod. it
Northern British Columbia
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
love it

Just picked one up and have only only just begun to read this thread...added an exhaust stack and put my usual stripe on the prop. Can't think of anything else I want to change on this bird....and thats saying a lot, although painting the floats to match the airframe might be a go. Does anyone else pay more for extra batteries...lol Plane with floats..tax included...$320.00
canadianufo is offline Find More Posts by canadianufo
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:00 AM
Just gotta mod. it
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
went for the aluminum covered floats instead. if the micro cub can handle them, the CC should have no problem...now where to get a tiny canoe to strap to the sides of the floats
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:30 PM
Just one more landing, okay?
United States, UT, Hooper
Joined Jun 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
Which begs the question, why does the CC use two aileron plugs from the factory? Why didn't HH just hard wire the wye between one plug and the two aileron servos in the first place?
The onboard programming makes the second aileron channel a reverse of channel 2 (aileron). It is not just a wye, or the servos would operate in the same direction (linear servos, remember).

You could do a wye, but you would have to turn one servo around 180 degrees.
chaz4jc is offline Find More Posts by chaz4jc
Last edited by chaz4jc; Sep 07, 2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:36 PM
Just one more landing, okay?
United States, UT, Hooper
Joined Jun 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOstronomer View Post
Well unfortunately I had my first servo failure today with the CC! Throttle failed on me twice, both times while making a steep banked left turn in front of me. Not sure but try both happened when I put a brand new battery in.... I had one flight before I put the new battery in, with no issues. When the throttle cut out that left me with little to no elevator authority resulting in a nose dive, and on this flight I just happen to be flying on a tennis court instead of the usual hay field.... Motor mount needs to be readjusted and the wing tips are banged up. Very disappointed and curious as to why the throttle failed... Lesson learned, more altitude and I will be flying soft field only!
Look at all our previous posts about ESC cutting out (possibly from overheat). Call HH abut the problem- they will ship you a new brick. Cut some ventilation holes in the bottom of the fuse to keep the brick cool (worked for mine).
chaz4jc is offline Find More Posts by chaz4jc
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:09 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz4jc View Post
The onboard programming makes the second aileron channel a reverse of channel 2 (aileron). It is not just a wye, or the servos would operate in the same direction (linear servos, remember).

You could do a wye, but you would have to turn one servo around 180 degrees.
The servos are programmable. when you buy them they come with a reversing cable. So in short yes you could use Y to connect two servos together and they'd work in the correct direction.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:31 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,959 Posts
I ask questions for a FPV project, I need to add a servo for the camera panning, I would be easier to work with standard servo for my project

Is it possible to use any sub-micro on the market and after installing the right connector on it, plug it in the ASX receiver ? Or we must use only the servo recommend by E-Flite because of incompatibility

E-Flite :http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...rvo-SPMSA2030L

Does this one will work ? : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...g_0_08sec.html
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:26 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianufo View Post
Just picked one up and have only only just begun to read this thread...added an exhaust stack and put my usual stripe on the prop. Can't think of anything else I want to change on this bird....and thats saying a lot, although painting the floats to match the airframe might be a go. Does anyone else pay more for extra batteries...lol Plane with floats..tax included...$320.00
Yikes, time for you to start buying your batteries in asia! E-Flite batteries have improved, but price wise, they still need to do something about it. (Particularly your hobby shop, ouch...)

Hobbyking has the 180mah UMX ready battery for $4.99 (but if you have a buddy code, you can get up to three for $2.56 each)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19423

And they just came out with a 260mah which should fit the CC as well. Also $4.99, but again, with a buddy code, you can get up to three of them for $3.63 each).
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=26741

You may want to look at Hyperion batteries (more expensive, but great quality/consistency/number of cycles). Check www.allerc.com

UMX batteries
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Sep 08, 2012, 01:34 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
874 Posts
pond scum nose over.

Nose over on takeoff and ended up floating inverted. Totally pilot error. I had to snag it with a fishing rod and drag it through a patch of pond scum

I think both my aileron servos are toast.
asosestrom is online now Find More Posts by asosestrom
Old Sep 08, 2012, 01:51 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asosestrom View Post
Nose over on takeoff and ended up floating inverted. Totally pilot error. I had to snag it with a fishing rod and drag it through a patch of pond scum

Deoxit
to the rescue. This stuff works miracles! Just use some compressed air to blow them out and again after the scum dries. Then give them a shot of dexoit. Might need a couple treatments. No promises but the stuff really is amazing.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:34 PM
McCarthy, Alaska
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asosestrom View Post

Mine came back to life after drying out for 24 hours and the deoxit treatment.

This cub seems to like getting on its back in the water.
WSEN is offline Find More Posts by WSEN
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:06 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,589 Posts
I am on the fence about my next plane being Sbach or Carbon Cub. I get such a rush out of flying my UMX Beast 3-D and thought for sure Sbach, but last night we had dead calm and what I call "The Simpson's" clouds. Puffy and lots of color. The Beast was waiting for it's weekly glue-up and so I got out the good ol T-28. Putted about in the beautiful sky and though about how nice it would be to be flying a Carbon Cub. Suppose I should buy both and try to grab the credit card statement before the wife finds out.
What do you guys think Sbach or CC? If there is a new Sbach coming out with a gyro it would make my decision a lot easier. I'd go CC and wait for the new Sbach.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:14 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,959 Posts
I just came back from my local store, they told me that the Sbach is discontinued
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:15 PM
Just gotta mod. it
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
Ya this local HS is for sale....again, cause too many locals buy on line. I know I live in the far North but their prices are a tad too high. The E flite Jenny goes for $54.00 in Edmonton and $120.00 here. $169.00 for UM's in ED. $265.00 here. Batteries are even worse. I bought the floats because of the almost 8 months of snow to fly off of. This one was the UM cub on floats and I was flying with one hand and holding the vid. cam. to my ugly mug with the other....3 days of 20+ kph winds so I'll have to wait to get this one on tape.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 04:20 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
Just got mine so excited but i just remembered i an a horrible pilot i need help any sugestions
eflite12beast is offline Find More Posts by eflite12beast