SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 04, 2012, 07:22 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,917 Posts
Now for Hangar 9 to step up and do a 1/4 scale Carbon Cub electric friendly with lights and cockpit!!!
tclaridge is online now Find More Posts by tclaridge
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2012, 02:15 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microheli View Post
I think:
Carbon Cub = 100-125 watts/lb
Beast/Sbach = 140-175 watts/lb
Lol - so unsurprisingly the CC won't have the performance of the Sbach or Beast... damn - was hoping it would be my next pylon racer

Looks like it will still have plenty of power for what we want. After all the PZ Stinson has about 90 Watts/lb and that has plenty of power. (I chose the Stinson for comparison because it's a high wing intermediate 4ch offering with optional flaps... sound familiar? )
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Old Feb 05, 2012, 03:32 AM
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Jun 2011
144 Posts
Maybe its just me, but I don't want all my planes to be fast and super agile. I fly mostly scale and would be highly dissapointed if this ends up being as fast and agile as the beast or sbach.
fwa2500 is offline Find More Posts by fwa2500
Old Feb 05, 2012, 04:52 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwa2500 View Post
Maybe its just me, but I don't want all my planes to be fast and super agile. I fly mostly scale and would be highly dissapointed if this ends up being as fast and agile as the beast or sbach.
Ditto.
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Old Feb 05, 2012, 06:32 AM
No such thing as overpowered
Suffolk, England
Joined Sep 2008
1,802 Posts
does the Cub come with the lights that ive seen on a few photos?
Wilit run? 353 is offline Find More Posts by Wilit run? 353
Old Feb 05, 2012, 06:44 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
I fully agree.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 05, 2012, 07:11 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilit run? 353 View Post
does the Cub come with the lights that ive seen on a few photos?
Yes, they are always on as soon as you plug the battery
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Feb 05, 2012, 09:24 AM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Quote:
agreed.
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
Old Feb 05, 2012, 09:43 AM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Would not bother me a bit if it was as fast as the others as long has it has the ability to fly well slow. Flying with the throttle wide open is not a requirement.
flydown is offline Find More Posts by flydown
Old Feb 05, 2012, 10:53 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,195 Posts
yep, that was more my thought, just because a plane can scoot so fast it could rip the wings off her at WOT doesn't mean to run WOT at the time, if ever... I was just thinking about a comparison of stock power setups that already exist... and the idea that when ya get yourself in a wonky situation what kinda oomph can be expected to pull outta whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by flydown View Post
Would not bother me a bit if it was as fast as the others as long has it has the ability to fly well slow. Flying with the throttle wide open is not a requirement.

yep, I agree, a much better (logical) comparison then the Sbach or Beast... I guess I was thinking they have the same power-train so it made sense (to me) at the time, but a high wing w/ flaps and brushless Stinson and the Carbon Cub could be compared fer sure, I just wasn't sure about how to calculate the thrust etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lberry.88 View Post
Lol - so unsurprisingly the CC won't have the performance of the Sbach or Beast... damn - was hoping it would be my next pylon racer

Looks like it will still have plenty of power for what we want. After all the PZ Stinson has about 90 Watts/lb and that has plenty of power. (I chose the Stinson for comparison because it's a high wing intermediate 4ch offering with optional flaps... sound familiar? )
HuffDaddy is online now Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Feb 05, 2012, 02:39 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
RC,

Isn't this amazing? CC & ASK-21 are on order! Lately, I seem to be having a perpetual case of KICS!!

Joel

Joel,

The good times just keep on rolling.

UMX CC 3S anyone??

12" ROW!

I'm in.

KICS!

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2012, 02:49 PM
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Joined Nov 2006
1,729 Posts
well, as far as a rog goes 30"-40" would be scale
interplanet is offline Find More Posts by interplanet
Old Feb 05, 2012, 04:10 PM
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
Just found out about this plane yesterday! Thank you HH!! I've been waiting for a while for you guys to come out with a micro bush plane with flaps, and you have exceded my expectations. Lights and towing ability too?? I love it! I was dissapointed with the other AS3X planes but this one i will definitely be getting. I love the color scheme too! I'm so tired of looking at plain ol yellow cubs, they make me nautious anymore, but this thing looks great! Nice work HH. Your on the rebound IMO! Can't wait!
airtimeallen is offline Find More Posts by airtimeallen
Old Feb 05, 2012, 04:16 PM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
Report from Nürnberg

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1585594

cheers
Uwe
anj4de is offline Find More Posts by anj4de
Old Feb 06, 2012, 06:30 PM
Fargo, North Dakota
Joined Feb 2011
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge View Post
Now for Hangar 9 to step up and do a 1/4 scale Carbon Cub electric friendly with lights and cockpit!!!
I'll second that. I was hoping to find the Carbon Cub in an E-Flite Power 25 or Power 32 size. I have the E-Flite DHC-2 Beaver (Power 32) on 5-inch tundra tires and floats which is sweet. The new Super Cub 25e and now this UMX Carbon Cub are both on my list of next planes. Gotta love bush planes!

FYI: AeroWorks makes a Carbon Cub too although it is 100cc with a 14 ft wingspan (a weeeee bit bigger than the UMX!) but there are some videos of that plane on YouTube too if anyone needs a fix until the UMX CC comes out in addition to the full-scale Cub Crafters CC videos.
NDPilot is offline Find More Posts by NDPilot