HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:51 AM
United States, WI, Oconomowoc
Joined Feb 2011
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangloyd View Post
Well the weather was great , so my Daughter and I headed to the field to maiden the Albatros. The field I normaly go to had not been mowed for awhile so we went to a soccer plex in town. The fields there are well groomed . I was alittle nervous being at a new field ,and a few people were around and wanted to watch, so no pressure. Well after seeing a few peoples maiden reports about nose heavy ,I adjusted the elevator with alittle up before flight.(for those's about to maiden don't start off with all the trims flat, and adjust from there.) Even though the grass was short it wanted to nose over and not start to roll. I moved it to the center of the field where the grass was alittle shorter and she lifted up with ease, and keep on going up( again start off with level trim) I got her leveled off at half throttle with a few down clicks on the elevator, and keep it there for most of the flight. This was my first bi-plane, and I see now what you guys were saying about it handeling differantly. Onces I got the feel of it WOW what a great slow flyer, and she looks awesome in the air. I would like to thank Kevin for the talk yesterday on the phone, it helped out Kevin, and for D-Dog's maiden video, your not alone D-Dog My landings need work, I came down smooth and yes kevin I tried a dead stick landing but she still landed and flipped over but oh well no damage and thats where it needed to be for me to remove the battery I did try one roll to the right at three mistakes high that was scary ( different handeling) Where my controls were set for me and I felt relaxed flying with was on low settings on take off( agian thanks Kevin you were right) on my DX6i radio low rates were 70% D.R. and 25% Expo. All and all a plessure to fly, parkzone has another hit on there hands.

Loyd
Hey Loyd, Congrats on the successful maiden! And no damage....the things a Beast! Rains and wind all day yesterday, tomorrow winds 25/30, maybe this evening before I get up again.... Got some things to ck out, and still looking for that elusive "standing landing"!
ddog343 is offline Find More Posts by ddog343
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:14 PM
Love Flying History
United States, VA, Front Royal
Joined Sep 2011
808 Posts
Thanks D-Dog this plane is ablast to fly, and bonus some quality time with my Daughter.
mustangloyd is offline Find More Posts by mustangloyd
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:42 PM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jan 2005
12,905 Posts
Quote:
Thanks D-Dog this plane is ablast to fly, and bonus some quality time with my Daughter.
Good job Loyd.
Looks like you had a great Fathers Day. I like the weathering you did. Now you are making me think about one!
MERLIN
MERLIN V16 is offline Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Old Jun 17, 2012, 01:19 PM
Joined Feb 2011
266 Posts
Quote:
bonus some quality time with my Daughter.
Always a bonus!
Old Jun 17, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,451 Posts
Hiya loyd: happy father's day buddy! I am really glad your maiden went well today.The pics that Jordan took were great. Yeah man see what i mean by "individual results may very" well that seems to be applicable to settings, etc to get the albetros to fly to indivdual tastes,but the end result is the same another winner from parkzone! The dead stick landings will come in time no worries mate.A factor maybe that my field was dry and with more short weeds than grass? Yes talk about alittle pressure to have people around for a maiden(you know some people just want to see a crash!) DId you switch to high rates to do that roll? AND yeah 3mistakes high good thinking. Congrats again-kevin(the tree slayer)
kevin whitesell is offline Find More Posts by kevin whitesell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: kev's new fms fw-190
Old Jun 17, 2012, 02:47 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
happy father's day everyone!!

congrats on all the successful maidens
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Jun 17, 2012, 02:49 PM
Love Flying History
Joined Sep 2011
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLIN V16 View Post
Good job Loyd.
Looks like you had a great Fathers Day. I like the weathering you did. Now you are making me think about one!
MERLIN
Thanks Merlin, If you do get it you will not regret it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin whitesell View Post
Hiya loyd: happy father's day buddy! I am really glad your maiden went well today.The pics that Jordan took were great. Yeah man see what i mean by "individual results may very" well that seems to be applicable to settings, etc to get the albetros to fly to indivdual tastes,but the end result is the same another winner from parkzone! The dead stick landings will come in time no worries mate.A factor maybe that my field was dry and with more short weeds than grass? Yes talk about alittle pressure to have people around for a maiden(you know some people just want to see a crash!) DId you switch to high rates to do that roll? AND yeah 3mistakes high good thinking. Congrats again-kevin(the tree slayer)
Thanks Kevin,
it wouldn't been as great without your input. I rolled with low rates, so if rolling I would flip to high rates.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 02:52 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Fly Wire Rigging Points

my stand off scale rigging points and locations.

I will use elastic cord for the wire. I used 1/16 cotter pins for all the points but will tie or wrap around the supplied long wing clips for the 2 points left and 2 points right on the upper wing where the outer struts attach.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 03:06 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
some details, I carved a pair of intake manifolds from pink foam to fill that void on the left side of the engine. painted the skid and prop.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 03:31 PM
fly-crash-fix
UK, Powys, Newtown
Joined Jan 2010
519 Posts
Lovely detail Brent, the wood detailing is superb.
Dr.Crashenburn is offline Find More Posts by Dr.Crashenburn
Old Jun 17, 2012, 03:34 PM
fly-crash-fix
UK, Powys, Newtown
Joined Jan 2010
519 Posts
So does the pnp version come with a bind plug extension? If not, is anyone using one?
Dr.Crashenburn is offline Find More Posts by Dr.Crashenburn
Old Jun 17, 2012, 03:48 PM
Rich
USA, SC, Lexington
Joined Sep 2001
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Crashenburn View Post
So does the pnp version come with a bind plug extension? If not, is anyone using one?
Mine did but I did not use it . Used one that came with Dx6I
flycracker is offline Find More Posts by flycracker
Old Jun 17, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Feb 2011
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Crashenburn View Post
Yes, And I flush mounted to the bottom. Worked out great for me...
Old Jun 17, 2012, 04:54 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,451 Posts
BRENT P -Thanks for the congrats,your detailing is awsome .The wood grain on fuse and prop is really nice.i really like the engine manifolds -really nice.The rigging verrrry interesting-best regards from manitoba
kevin whitesell is offline Find More Posts by kevin whitesell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: kev's new fms fw-190
Old Jun 17, 2012, 05:46 PM
Love Flying History
Joined Sep 2011
808 Posts
Brent P ,
agian Sir you are an artist. Great detail, and thanks for the congrads.