nice and nice size 42"
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 12:01 PM
Foam flogger
Roseville, CA
Joined Apr 2009
1,144 Posts
It says that it's compatible with the sonic combat module but it's running an AR600. Anyone know how that is suppose to work?
Belem is offline Find More Posts by Belem
Old Feb 01, 2012, 12:41 PM
Fly, crash, glue. Repeat.
Belgium, Walloon Region, Plombières
Joined Jul 2011
963 Posts

When they brought out the SE5a the warbird project manager @Horizon was explicitly saying they had been thinking about the Albatros and dismissed it on the fact that a non-boxy fuse would be too hard to do. And now that. A-ma-zing!

[x] want
4x4rc is offline Find More Posts by 4x4rc
Old Feb 01, 2012, 12:47 PM
Champaign. Illinois
Joined Jun 2003
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belem View Post
It says that it's compatible with the sonic combat module but it's running an AR600. Anyone know how that is suppose to work?
There will be a Parkzone adapter that will go inline between the sonic combat module and the AR600 receiver.

It is not up on the website yet but more information will come as the plane gets closer to release.

Hope that helps.

Matt Andren
Parkzone/Hobbyzone Product Development
Horizon Hobby
Mattfly is offline Find More Posts by Mattfly
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2012, 12:53 PM
Jagd Flieger
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2011
194 Posts
Hi guys

That is one great looking plane! There is quite a bit of detail on it especially on the motor, it looks very detailed.
I think this plane will be a winner!

Sabastian.
Sabastian is offline Find More Posts by Sabastian
Old Feb 01, 2012, 01:42 PM
Foam flogger
Roseville, CA
Joined Apr 2009
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly View Post
There will be a Parkzone adapter that will go inline between the sonic combat module and the AR600 receiver.

It is not up on the website yet but more information will come as the plane gets closer to release.

Hope that helps.

Matt Andren
Parkzone/Hobbyzone Product Development
Horizon Hobby
Excellent. Will it be similar to the ez-xport that John Cunningham makes and sells? It's a nice product. Been running my sonic combat on my T-28 for a couple years now. WWI bipe combat will be awesome.
Belem is offline Find More Posts by Belem
Old Feb 01, 2012, 03:49 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
oops found the info.....will go for the plug and play, awesome value for this size bird.........can't wait for the LHS to get em
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:46 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,052 Posts
Having flown years ago WWI foamies made from the likes of Scorpio, and Kavan I'm amazed how far we have come in such a short period of time.
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:35 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
yep looked at the pics again.....getting it!! I like the scheme, I know I must be one of the few harder core WW1 guys that actually like red. Probably do foe wood paint on the fuse. The pilot does look awesome for an included figure....another thing thats come a long way.

here's a question on the scheme (about the real one as much as the model): why does the fin's iron cross appear to have red oversprayed, what is the histroy on that? I see the wing crosses are normal.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:57 PM
United States, AK, Ketchikan
Joined Mar 2008
1,377 Posts
Hmm I think this might go well with my SE5a. Or I'll just encourage a friend of mine to buy one so we can dogfight.
bdshort is offline Find More Posts by bdshort
Old Feb 01, 2012, 07:01 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Nice BIG juicy pic.....droooool don't forget to zoom in
Last edited by BrentP; Feb 01, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:07 PM
mondo1948
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2007
1,015 Posts
Hi Guys,
I was like a little kid at Christmas, after reading that Horizon would be anouncing new planes today. I woke up at 3:30 this morning and just had to get on the computer to see what is being released. At first, I was a little disappointed with the Albatros, probably because I was hoping for a new Focke Wulf, ready for electric retracts. But, after doing some research on the Albatros and talking with my friend who has a huge library of airplane books and who says that the Parkzone plane is a beautiful, scale rendition of a very famous and obviously gorgeous plane, I am ready to buy this plane. I know it will have a great "presence" in the air because while it is the same wingspan as the Parkzone P-47, the 2 wings will make it look larger and of course the color scheme is very eye-catching.

I can't wait to add this plane to my Parkzone hangar, which currently includes two T-28's, the P-47, BF109, Gunfighter, Wildcat and Corsair.

Mondo
mondo1948 is offline Find More Posts by mondo1948
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:10 PM
fvi
Canada, ON
Joined Jul 2011
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentP View Post
yep looked at the pics again.....getting it!! I like the scheme, I know I must be one of the few harder core WW1 guys that actually like red. Probably do foe wood paint on the fuse. The pilot does look awesome for an included figure....another thing thats come a long way.

here's a question on the scheme (about the real one as much as the model): why does the fin's iron cross appear to have red oversprayed, what is the histroy on that? I see the wing crosses are normal.
I noticed that too. I've been trying to find some picture reference for the cross but they're never faded. Looks beautiful tough.
fvi is offline Find More Posts by fvi
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:37 PM
Joined Oct 2010
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvi View Post
I noticed that too. I've been trying to find some picture reference for the cross but they're never faded. Looks beautiful tough.

Probably factory paintwork that was overpainted red. In the above picture von Richthofen's Albatros is the second from the bottom.

Hood
Hood is offline Find More Posts by Hood
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:37 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,286 Posts
Gorgeous! I'm wondering what scale it is versus the se5 no big deal. The albatross is so streamlined it's like the spitfire of biplanes. Reminds me of a nieuport which is a sesquiplane with the smaller bottom wing. I wonder if it had to be that big to house the electronics and still have enough structural integrity. Man Dave was right my head is spinning. Good work Horizon!
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member