Old Jul 07, 2012, 09:51 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,081 Posts
From the BBB website.

"THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED"

so this statement is incorrect.

"BUYER BEWARE Banana Hobby Better Business Bureau Accreditation REVOKED BBB rating F"

This means they are not a member. You can't "revoke" a membership if you never paid the BBB "extortion fee" to belong in the first place.

"Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public."

"BBB letter grades represent the BBB's opinion of the business."

Opinions are like, well you know everyone has one.
BH along with other vendors is a crap shoot. Most who buy from them know what to expect.

"The company responds to most complaints by shipping orders, agreeing to exchanges, or issuing refunds. The company denies most requests for reimbursement of shipping costs. They contend that their shipping policies are posted on their website, and customers should read the policy before agreeing to make the purchase."

Most vendors will not refund shipping charges.

FYI they are now D- rated business.

Mike
mike2663 is offline Find More Posts by mike2663
Last edited by mike2663; Jul 07, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:09 AM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,859 Posts
All this drama is over a missing receiver? That doesn't make sense to me.
Gohmer is offline Find More Posts by Gohmer
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:12 AM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,081 Posts
This is becoming SOP here on these forums.

Mike
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:56 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
Thanks for the headsup delta_kilo

By the way these jorks that are against you n defending banana hobby are employees of banana hobby n not customers. If they don't post to defend their employer they gets fired. Lmao but is true.
Consumr reprt is offline Find More Posts by Consumr reprt
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:03 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Poor delta_kilo not getting any respect. But really your like that little kid that will not shut up and keeps repeating the same joke over and over. It stops being effective after the 1st time, you've made your point, we get it, the BBB has a F for BH. See we heard you...

Every one pretty much knows you can buy your rating from the BBB. Not saying BH hasn't had allot of complaints, just saying you can't always go by the BBB's score.
Hmmm...first post ever in a thread that's been dead 6 months...and it's to defend the OP who's long gone?

Interesting.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:30 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Ok, lets get this straight.

There is no way to "bribe" the BBB system. They are a very transparent organization.

The ratings are not at all based on the number of complaints; that would make Walmart the worst company ever because they are so huge they get lots of complaints by simple math. The rating is based on how the company responds to the complaints. The BBB only marks down a company if the complaint is valid and the company does not "do right". If the complaint was that they didn't refund shipping costs, and that is their policy, then that would NOT be a negative on the seller. They followed their published policy.

These ratings are because when these people made complaints, BBB checked the facts, then forwarded the complaint to BH, whom then did on average an F, or D-, job responding to the issue, and making the issue right.

A company can mess up a very high percentage of the time and still have a really good rating, as long as the company makes good. A company can also only very rarely make a mistake and have a terrible rating, because on those few issues they did not fix the issue responsibly.
TheMissingCard is offline Find More Posts by TheMissingCard
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:52 AM
Lookout For The!Radio Silence.
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Nov 2007
5,804 Posts
Banana Hobby blamed me for the defect.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1729875
wingspan100 is offline Find More Posts by wingspan100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I really like this video:
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:46 AM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspan100 View Post
Banana Hobby blamed me for the defect.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1729875
That's what they do.

They blamed me for my plane missing parts!

Darn me for ordering the one missing those parts, it's all my fault too!
TheMissingCard is offline Find More Posts by TheMissingCard
Old Feb 20, 2013, 05:31 AM
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2013
87 Posts
As I've been posting here and there, they blamed me for my heli crashing. It was supposed to be an RTF with no setup involved. Just turn the transmitter on and plug in the battery and I'm good to go. That didn't happen. It instead took off on its own and crashed.

What was my fault is that I bought from them in the first place. That'll never happen again.
Quickdraw62 is offline Find More Posts by Quickdraw62
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:48 AM
Lookout For The!Radio Silence.
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Nov 2007
5,804 Posts
They have lost money from me.
I have not purchased from Banana Hobby since my bad experience with my LX F-22
wingspan100 is offline Find More Posts by wingspan100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I really like this video:
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:59 AM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw62 View Post
As I've been posting here and there, they blamed me for my heli crashing. It was supposed to be an RTF with no setup involved. Just turn the transmitter on and plug in the battery and I'm good to go. That didn't happen. It instead took off on its own and crashed.

What was my fault is that I bought from them in the first place. That'll never happen again.
Sounds reasonable to me that it was your fault. First time you power up a new aircraft you need to be ready for anything that might happen.

Or every time for that matter. Hard to blame the guy that sold it to you.
Gohmer is offline Find More Posts by Gohmer
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:22 AM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw62 View Post
It was supposed to be an RTF with no setup involved. Just turn the transmitter on and plug in the battery and I'm good to go. That didn't happen.
RTF right out of the box? Everything needs to be "tweaked" by the end user.

Mike
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:13 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
Hi Delta_kilo, we contacted Fedex and the package was delivered to a 15761 Tapia St, which is not our address. Would you happen to have an receipts or documentation showing that it was shipped to the correct address, 15751 Tapia St? Also, just to update you Fedex is trying to retrieve the package from the address it was delivered to, I will update you tomorrow once we receive further word from them.
So is the fact that the two addresses are only 10 numbers apart - which means they are probably only a few feet away from each other - lost on everyone else but me? According to Google Maps, the distance between these two addresses is only 266 feet. That's a 10-second drive or a 59-second walk. Couldn't someone from Banana Hobby have simply walked over there, knock on the door, and say, "Excuse me, but did you guys receive a package for xxxx at Banana Hobby by accident?" rather than sending FedEx to investigate?

It's little things like this, as well as the constant barrage of horror stories, that reinforces my decision to never, ever give Banana Hobby one cent of my money. People continue to buy things from them, despite this forum having complaint after complaint about Banana Hobby. I don't understand why. It's your money to do with as you please, but I don't have an unlimited hobby budget and I'm very choosy about who gets my money. And yes, I know some people don't have any problem but I pop in here every once in a while (mostly when I need cheering up) and I see that nothing has changed at BH. The complaints about this outfit has spanned years.... YEARS.... yet people still give them their money and they still get burned.

Good luck to the OP, hope you got it sorted out... maybe someone walked 266 feet and got your package.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Mike_Then; Feb 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Corrected tense; didn't realize this was a year old :P
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:26 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,966 Posts
"Businesses" like this base their operations on the Bigger Idiot Theory. No sense wasting time on current sales problems to retain clients as there will always be a fresh crop of unsuspecting buyers around the corner.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Mar 26, 2013, 01:35 PM
Yes way!
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Oct 2012
46 Posts
The customer service for this company does suck @zz. For one, who doesnt have a customer support PHONE line? Thats should be a tale tell sign there.
whirl10 is offline Find More Posts by whirl10