HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:26 PM
United States, WA, Everett
Joined Nov 2011
58 Posts
Alert
BUYER BEWARE Banana Hobby Better Business Bureau Accreditation REVOKED BBB rating F

This is for everyone that may think itís just a few people coming to the forums and complaining about Banana Hobby. Read below from the BBB website. They have over 375 complaints filed. Now think about how many people never take the time to file a complaint and itís probably well into the thousands. This is your warning for all buyers thinking about buying from Banana Hobby. Iíd suggest going elsewhere. I have personally had a horible experience dealing with Banana Hobby and want to try and prevent others from going through some of the same frustration.

http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...e-CA-100075745

This is pulled right from the BBB website listed above.

Why Accreditation Revoked
On March 17th 2011, this company's accreditation with the BBB was revoked by the BBB's Board of Directors due to failure to promptly respond to all complaints forwarded by BBB & eliminate the underlying cause of complaints on file with the BBB concerning a pattern of shipping, billing, and product quality related complaints.

Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered this business's rating include:

Length of time business has been operating
BBB Accreditation was revoked because business failed to honor its accreditation agreement with BBB
375 complaint(s) filed against business
Failure to respond to 6 complaint(s) filed against business
7 complaint(s) filed against business that were not resolved

Customer Complaints Summary
375 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 105 closed in last 12 months Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints
Advertising / Sales Issues 72
Billing / Collection Issues 19
Problems with Product / Service 222
Delivery Issues 47
Guarantee / Warranty Issues 15
Total Closed Complaints 375

Additional Complaint Information

Complainants allege a pattern of shipping, billing, and product quality related complaints. Some customers complain that merchandise arrives defective, inoperable or that wrong merchandise is received. In some cases, complainants allege that due to manufacturing defects or design flaws, thier hobbycraft crashes the first time used, and they encounter difficulties with refunds or exchanges. Some customers complain they should not be required to pay shipping or handling charges for returns on incorrect or defective items. Other customers allege they return products, but the company fails to send an exchange or issue a refund.
delta_kilo is offline Find More Posts by delta_kilo
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 02:04 AM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
I find your post very entertaining. I'm still going to order my $900.00 worth of planes when I get home this morning though.
soopertrucker is offline Find More Posts by soopertrucker
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:51 AM
Joined Nov 2011
58 Posts
It's your money. I spent close to that also and will never make that mistake again. Hopefully none of us will be able to tell you told ya so. Hard to argue with the facts I provided.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:25 AM
Joined May 2011
59 Posts
Sorry you had trouble, but like many others I've had nothing but good service out of them. I'll admit their past makes me sketchy when ordering but I've yet to have an issue.
Landiin is offline Find More Posts by Landiin
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:40 PM
Joined Nov 2011
58 Posts
This isn't about just me. Is everyone reading the BBB report. It's hard facts about them. I didn't make any of it up. That's why I linked the BBB site so everyone could see where I pulled my data from. It was a copy and paste job I added nothing but my opinion to the top of the post. The rest is fact. They had their accreditation revoked. It's pretty serious because of the issues customers have had with them. There is a reason companies like Towerhobbies,com and Horizonhobby.com have a BBB rating of A+ and have BBB accreditation. Customer can feel confident these companies will be treated fairly and not ignored. Banana Hobby lost that distinction last year because of complaints that after the BBB investigated each complaint found merit in the complaints. Spend your money where you want but if I was reading this much negative info about a company there are plenty of other RC places that have a proven track record of taking care of their customers.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:33 AM
United States, MD, Clinton
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
You've linked it like 30 times so its getting old.... I've still been buying from them with success...
houstonderk is offline Find More Posts by houstonderk
Old Feb 02, 2012, 11:51 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
2,023 Posts
Like they say, even a broken clock is still right twice a day. Some people will get lucky with them and continue to buy. Good luck and I hope you don't get burned.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Feb 02, 2012, 06:19 PM
Jeremy-I'm crash proof!
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2008
4,306 Posts
I appreciate your faith in the BBB. It's misplaced however. I was a part owner in a small business for a few years. You get what you pay for. BBB is no different. If you don't pay them they won't give your customers the false sense of a good rating. Your protected from your negative complaints for the most part if you pay. Hope this makes sense.

You most likely had a bad experiences with them. Don't don't doubt that but trying to throw the BBB in everyone's face is well a waste of your time. It's yours in the end.
neck is offline Find More Posts by neck
Old Feb 02, 2012, 08:00 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Hi Delta_kilo, we contacted Fedex and the package was delivered to a 15761 Tapia St, which is not our address. Would you happen to have an receipts or documentation showing that it was shipped to the correct address, 15751 Tapia St? Also, just to update you Fedex is trying to retrieve the package from the address it was delivered to, I will update you tomorrow once we receive further word from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta_kilo View Post
This isn't about just me. Is everyone reading the BBB report. It's hard facts about them. I didn't make any of it up. That's why I linked the BBB site so everyone could see where I pulled my data from. It was a copy and paste job I added nothing but my opinion to the top of the post. The rest is fact. They had their accreditation revoked. It's pretty serious because of the issues customers have had with them. There is a reason companies like Towerhobbies,com and Horizonhobby.com have a BBB rating of A+ and have BBB accreditation. Customer can feel confident these companies will be treated fairly and not ignored. Banana Hobby lost that distinction last year because of complaints that after the BBB investigated each complaint found merit in the complaints. Spend your money where you want but if I was reading this much negative info about a company there are plenty of other RC places that have a proven track record of taking care of their customers.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Last edited by Banana Hobby CSR; Feb 02, 2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Added more info
Old Feb 02, 2012, 08:47 PM
Joined Nov 2011
58 Posts
The box was sent to the address you sent me on the form with the RMA. My credit card company just completed their investigation and refunded my payment. They said the investigation is complete. So as far as I'm concerned we're done and I don't need to hear from you further.
Old Feb 03, 2012, 12:19 AM
Joined Nov 2011
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neck View Post
I appreciate your faith in the BBB. It's misplaced however. I was a part owner in a small business for a few years. You get what you pay for. BBB is no different. If you don't pay them they won't give your customers the false sense of a good rating. Your protected from your negative complaints for the most part if you pay. Hope this makes sense.

You most likely had a bad experiences with them. Don't don't doubt that but trying to throw the BBB in everyone's face is well a waste of your time. It's yours in the end.
misplaced huh? That's weird that when I have used BBB accredited company's in the past I have never had issues like I have had with Banana Hobby. Those companies go out of their way to make things right. If not you can file a complaint and the BBB will try and help make them make things right. Banana Hobby's accreditation was pulled for the reason I posted above that I pulled from the BBB website. Not responding to customers, screwing up orders, sending out faulty items, not working with customers on warranty issues. It's all documented for the public to see. I will continue to use businesses that have BBB accreditation knowing I have a little insurance if something goes wrong. Or you can go with a company like Banana Hobby who lost theirs and hope you never have an issue. I learned my lesson and if it wasn't for my credit card company fighting them on a refund it would have been a very costly mistake I will not make in the future.
Old Feb 03, 2012, 03:22 AM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
Are you done yet? Geez.
soopertrucker is offline Find More Posts by soopertrucker
Old Feb 03, 2012, 05:25 AM
Joined Nov 2011
58 Posts
Nope
Old Feb 03, 2012, 09:57 AM
United States, MD, Clinton
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soopertrucker View Post
Are you done yet? Geez.
right... I had made a comment about him posting this same thing 30+ times and he cries to the mods for my post.... probably like she will do to this one but frankly I just don't care....
houstonderk is offline Find More Posts by houstonderk
Old Feb 03, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined May 2011
59 Posts
Poor delta_kilo not getting any respect. But really your like that little kid that will not shut up and keeps repeating the same joke over and over. It stops being effective after the 1st time, you've made your point, we get it, the BBB has a F for BH. See we heard you...

Every one pretty much knows you can buy your rating from the BBB. Not saying BH hasn't had allot of complaints, just saying you can't always go by the BBB's score.
Landiin is offline Find More Posts by Landiin