HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2012, 02:01 PM
United States, GA, Crandall
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I have some of these RX's on order.. But so far the Any*Link is working fine with the DX6i.. But I'm planning on changing them all over to the DX7 as I might as well get some use out of it..

What CG location and battery are you flying with?
Haven't had a chance to play with CG yet. Basically just dropped the battery in and fired it up. I'm really hoping the wind dies down so I can get more time in. I'm using the battery that came in the box with the jet, but luckily I ordered 2 spares. The original one started swelling up when I tried to recharge it.

As for the connectors, GBR2, it was a direct drop-in. The connectors matched up perfectly. Most other Spektrum receivers I've seen have different connectors, but the ones on the R415 are the micro-molex (I think that's what they're called) and are almost completely identical to the ones on the Futaba receiver.
carrottop432 is offline Find More Posts by carrottop432
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:40 PM
Wave off!!! Wave off!!!
Joined Aug 2011
176 Posts
I love the F-86 and this little rocket is awesome!!! She is suprisingly fast and agile. Cheers!
zoomzoom7435 is offline Find More Posts by zoomzoom7435
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
Just an update... wow these things are tail heavy! It certainly makes for an interesting flight, but I'm gonna add some weight to the nose. As for my defective battery, I contacted Great Planes and within about an hour and a half of sending my original e-mail explaining the problem, they had me a new battery on the way! That's what I call good customer support!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:42 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
Carrottop, not sure if you saw our "users manual" we now refer to. Great reference to where the CG is and what to do if it doesn't balance on the CG mark.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Last edited by NitroCharged; Apr 21, 2012 at 08:52 PM. Reason: wrong pdf attached
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:54 PM
end user
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,073 Posts
250 niliamp goes as far forward to the nose as you can. mine flys great like this. very easy to handle with about 45% expo and dual rates.
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Old Apr 21, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Carrottop, not sure if you saw our "users manual" we now refer to. Great reference to where the CG is and what to do if it doesn't balance on the CG mark.
Yeah, I saw that part in the manual, but even with my battery as far forward as possible, it's still too tail-heavy. Contrary to popular belief, some guys do read manuals... eventually.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:09 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrottop432 View Post
Yeah, I saw that part in the manual, but even with my battery as far forward as possible, it's still too tail-heavy. Contrary to popular belief, some guys do read manuals... eventually.
Both of them??

The whole good user manual can be found here..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1594808

EDIT....Never mind I though we had about using the Dime in there..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Last edited by livonia bob; Apr 21, 2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:15 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Your link only takes me to the lamp post warning page why??
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:53 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
Uploaded the wrong file. I have corrected it. Only took 8 days for someone to point it out to me....
Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:59 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Uploaded the wrong file. I have corrected it. Only took 8 days for someone to point it out to me....
I think it's only right that you offer to replace any Sabre's that got wrecked because of your mistake.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:08 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I think it's only right that you offer to replace any Sabre's that got wrecked because of your mistake.
Lamp poles excluded, right?!?!?!!!...After all, it WAS in the manual!!!......Nitro didn't talk about running the plane into the side of an SUV like I did...So I get a new plane, right????........

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:02 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
I feel an exclusion list that voids warranty claims coming on....
Old Apr 22, 2012, 06:56 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Lamp poles excluded, right?!?!?!!!...After all, it WAS in the manual!!!......Nitro didn't talk about running the plane into the side of an SUV like I did...So I get a new plane, right????........

Kevin
If I remember right both of us made the mistake of posting our crashes before he posted the manual so I think we are out of luck..
Old Apr 22, 2012, 06:57 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
I feel an exclusion list that voids warranty claims coming on....
Oh great,, well even that's better than the Walkera warranty..
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:11 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
If you or a loved one ever suffered a demolished or gravely injured airframe because you or they once took (the advice of) NC's owners manual advice, call our Law Office. CyA, Tape, & Glue LLC, the advocates for missing information. (888) 666-6969 ext. 321

Only in America..... LOL.

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B