HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 29, 2012, 04:37 PM
United States, TN, Decatur
Joined Dec 2005
66 Posts
Dx7se hack ???

I wonder how difficult it would be to make my dx7se work with the Tactic AnyLink ?

I have the sabre and the Fokker NIB and cant fly them. LHS told me it would work fine. I dont want to take them back for a refund. Is a simple HACK poss.?
dwayne loveday is offline Find More Posts by dwayne loveday
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:03 PM
The building never ends!
Tucson, AZ
Joined Oct 2008
1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne loveday View Post
I wonder how difficult it would be to make my dx7se work with the Tactic AnyLink ?

I have the sabre and the Fokker NIB and cant fly them. LHS told me it would work fine. I dont want to take them back for a refund. Is a simple HACK poss.?
The DX7se is an oddball radio whose trainer port is physically disabled due to the radio's high framerate. The regular DX7, or the new DX7s, would both work with AnyLink. You would have to crack open the radio and find a point on the circuit card where control signals are being generated, tap in a couple of wires, and then wire up your own trainer port. This would not be a simple mod.

A better thing to do would be to watch the for-sale/wanted ads on RCGroups for a used DX6i. The DX6i works just fine with AnyLink..
Ensign Jimmy is offline Find More Posts by Ensign Jimmy
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:45 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
This is a fantastic review Chris. Very detailed and lots of high quality images. Thanks for the hard work that went into doing this review.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:11 PM
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
This is a fantastic review Chris. Very detailed and lots of high quality images. Thanks for the hard work that went into doing this review.
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 04, 2012, 02:45 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,492 Posts
OK. I bound it to my JR 9503 radio; no problems.

Adjusted the channels as per instructions, and voila - ready to fly!

I'm impressed with the power!
Michael in Toronto is online now Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:08 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
6,963 Posts
Certainly a quick lil rascal... clearly one needs Very good eyes and quick reflexes..
Not for me then.
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Mar 11, 2012, 01:41 AM
Joined Jul 2009
313 Posts
Anyone know if this brick will run an external esc?
mitsudriver274 is offline Find More Posts by mitsudriver274
Old Mar 11, 2012, 04:22 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
It's not a brick, it has a 4 channel micro receiver. It already has an external 6A ESC.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:18 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Dec 2008
23 Posts
Just got the F86 and elevator halves do not move equally. What to do?????? Any one have the same problem with a cure?????

If you have a problem with the plug going in the trainer port just push Harder until it seats. I had same problem until I figured the cure.

Dave
david101 is offline Find More Posts by david101
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:59 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by david101 View Post
Just got the F86 and elevator halves do not move equally. What to do?????? Any one have the same problem with a cure?????

If you have a problem with the plug going in the trainer port just push Harder until it seats. I had same problem until I figured the cure.

Dave
Make sure it's not tail heavy and fly it.. I think all have the elevator problem.
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Mar 14, 2012, 06:49 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,492 Posts
Maidened today. Fun!
Michael in Toronto is online now Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:36 AM
end user
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,073 Posts
i am having difficulty with the battery charger that comes with this plane. From what i understand from the instructions, the green light is supposed to go out when the battery is fully charged. It should take about 30 - 60 minutes to charge, but i have had mine connected for as long as two hours and the green light never went out. How am i supposed to know when it is completely charged, or over charged?
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:59 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighttwister View Post
i am having difficulty with the battery charger that comes with this plane. From what i understand from the instructions, the green light is supposed to go out when the battery is fully charged. It should take about 30 - 60 minutes to charge, but i have had mine connected for as long as two hours and the green light never went out. How am i supposed to know when it is completely charged, or over charged?
Call them and tell them you have a bad battery,, this is what happened with my first one.. So testing it on my better chargers proved that the battery was bad. The stock charger works fine charging up my other batteries that I made up..

Good point I should test the new ones 250 battery to make sure it's OK..
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:52 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Call them and tell them you have a bad battery,, this is what happened with my first one.. So testing it on my better chargers proved that the battery was bad. The stock charger works fine charging up my other batteries that I made up..

Good point I should test the new ones 250 battery to make sure it's OK..
I got two charges out of my stock battery before it puffed. I was pretty disappointed by this, but the plane doesn't even fly that well with the stock battery unless I put a quarter in the battery compartment with it. The stock battery is now sitting in a jar full of saltwater. I don't trust the stock charger anymore and am done using it. I can't be bothered to follow-up with GP about this battery when replacements are so cheap. This actually simplifies things for me as I made an adapter for my UMX batteries and have enjoyed flying with my 240mah Hyperions. I'm also looking forward to trying my new 180 Nano-techs in this plane, I had purchased them for my Beast, but with a quarter in there with them they should be fine, and they're dirt cheap!
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:53 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato View Post
I got two charges out of my stock battery before it puffed. I was pretty disappointed by this, but the plane doesn't even fly that well with the stock battery unless I put a quarter in the battery compartment with it. The stock battery is now sitting in a jar full of saltwater. I don't trust the stock charger anymore and am done using it. I can't be bothered to follow-up with GP about this battery when replacements are so cheap. This actually simplifies things for me as I made an adapter for my UMX batteries and have enjoyed flying with my 240mah Hyperions. I'm also looking forward to trying my new 180 Nano-techs in this plane, I had purchased them for my Beast, but with a quarter in there with them they should be fine, and they're dirt cheap!
I thought these were good deal,, Have some in the mail someplace.. Just have to install the micro Deans and they are ready to fly.. But I'll probably remove the wrap so they run cooler..

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=22906