HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:24 PM
Registered User
JustFlyIt's Avatar
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Sep 2004
63 Posts
Had mine for four days now but too windy especially for a maiden flight. But I am really looking forward to giving this a go!
JustFlyIt is offline Find More Posts by JustFlyIt
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2012, 06:40 PM
Registered User
Gamerjoe's Avatar
United States, CA, Diamond Bar
Joined Jul 2011
515 Posts
Looks like a fun micro EDF!

However, the intake makes me want to grab my fishing pole.
Gamerjoe is offline Find More Posts by Gamerjoe
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:00 PM
Registered User
CSpaced's Avatar
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerjoe View Post
Looks like a fun micro EDF!

However, the intake makes me want to grab my fishing pole.
As long as it doesn't start singing, we'll be okay!
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:37 AM
Registered User
JustFlyIt's Avatar
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Sep 2004
63 Posts
Flew it for the first time today. What a blast. Unbelievably tail heavy (found out the hard way) but that was quickly corrected.

Not quite as fast as hoped but awesome looking in the air. I am using the landing gear and needed to slow it way down, else it will bounce and possibly flip.

I am really beginning to like these micros. This EDF really changes the micro game!

DRS
JustFlyIt is offline Find More Posts by JustFlyIt
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2012, 02:34 PM
Registered User
seeingeyegod's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,796 Posts
Do any of the any link modules work with the Turnigy 9x? Cheap bastards want to know.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2012, 03:38 PM
The building never ends!
Tucson, AZ
Joined Oct 2008
1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
Do any of the any link modules work with the Turnigy 9x? Cheap bastards want to know.
The Turnigy 9X appears to use a standard audio jack-style trainer plug. Which means the AnyLink controller should plug in. However, there seem to be a couple things to be aware of.

1) I've seen things on the internet which suggest that the Turnigy 9X's charging port is reverse-polarity with respect to the JR/Spektrum charging port, ergo, you need to reverse the polarity of the AnyLink's power plug (or wire up a separate power pack for the AnyLink. Or reverse the polarity of the Turnigy 9X's charging port to make it Spektrum/JR compatible.)

2) The Turnigy 9X apparently requires that you either disconnect the onboard RF module so that the trainer port works properly, or mod the radio to install a 500 - 1000 ohm resistor in-line with the signal driving the radio's RF module to provide appropriate loading when the trainer jack is in use.
Ensign Jimmy is offline Find More Posts by Ensign Jimmy
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:49 AM
Registered User
seeingeyegod's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Jimmy View Post
The Turnigy 9X appears to use a standard audio jack-style trainer plug. Which means the AnyLink controller should plug in. However, there seem to be a couple things to be aware of.

1) I've seen things on the internet which suggest that the Turnigy 9X's charging port is reverse-polarity with respect to the JR/Spektrum charging port, ergo, you need to reverse the polarity of the AnyLink's power plug (or wire up a separate power pack for the AnyLink. Or reverse the polarity of the Turnigy 9X's charging port to make it Spektrum/JR compatible.)

2) The Turnigy 9X apparently requires that you either disconnect the onboard RF module so that the trainer port works properly, or mod the radio to install a 500 - 1000 ohm resistor in-line with the signal driving the radio's RF module to provide appropriate loading when the trainer jack is in use.
ahhhhhh nevermind I guess. I'll just buy a damn tactic if I want to use one of these deals.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:45 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Michael in Toronto's Avatar
Joined Oct 2000
1,492 Posts
OK, I bought it today.

Cute!
Michael in Toronto is offline Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:45 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2005
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
I have a DX7. No problem with AnyLink. Works as advertised.

Make sure you push the trainer plug firmly into the charge port. It will snap into place and will not wiggle loose.

Cool Hand Luke
My DX7 loses bind easily because the AnyLink jack isn't very tight.. Could you mike and post the dia. of your AnyLink jack? I'm trying to determine if the AnyLink jack or the Tx port is the problem cause I never used the DSC port. Thx's, Paul
Paul@Auburn is offline Find More Posts by Paul@Auburn
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:53 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2005
11 Posts
DX7 loses bind.with anyLink.

Paul@Auburn;20840120]My DX7 loses bind easily because the AnyLink jack isn't very tight.. Could you mike and post the dia. of your AnyLink jack? I'm trying to determine if the AnyLink jack or the Tx port is the problem cause I never used the DSC port. Thx's, Paul
Paul@Auburn is offline Find More Posts by Paul@Auburn
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:15 PM
killickb
killickb's Avatar
The Villages. Florida
Joined Jan 2005
1,293 Posts
Anyone know what name brand lipos will fit in this model e.g. T/P, Hyperion, Enerland ? Have F-86 on order and would like extra packs -- might even have in my current inventory if anyone can provide pack size?
killickb is offline Find More Posts by killickb
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 03:34 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb View Post
Anyone know what name brand lipos will fit in this model e.g. T/P, Hyperion, Enerland ? Have F-86 on order and would like extra packs -- might even have in my current inventory if anyone can provide pack size?
I have used Hyperion 240's to light, Hyperion 320's OK, HK 400's to heavy, NanoTech 300's fit nice but haven't flown them yet..

Make sure you are using the right pins on the micro Deans as this is backwards to some of us..

Again I got screwed on these Hyperion 240's.. I made up two packs of them and have to take them apart as two of the cells are bad.. I hate paying 6 bucks for bad cells when I have better luck with 2 buck Hobby King batteries..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Last edited by livonia bob; Feb 25, 2012 at 03:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 04:56 PM
killickb
killickb's Avatar
The Villages. Florida
Joined Jan 2005
1,293 Posts
Thanks for the info. Yes, have a bunch of micro Deans fitted packs with it seems the logical but reverse pinout to that on the F-86, may have to dedicate packs to the Sabre I guess unless there is enough wire slack to reverse the pins -- they do push out of the housing if desoldering is not poss.
killickb is offline Find More Posts by killickb
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:50 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb View Post
Thanks for the info. Yes, have a bunch of micro Deans fitted packs with it seems the logical but reverse pinout to that on the F-86, may have to dedicate packs to the Sabre I guess unless there is enough wire slack to reverse the pins -- they do push out of the housing if desoldering is not poss.
I unsoldered mine,,, I covered the area with aluminum foil first so the iron wouldn't melt the foam..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:40 PM
Registered User
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerjoe View Post
Looks like a fun micro EDF!

However, the intake makes me want to grab my fishing pole.
The intake doesn't look as bad in the flesh...The pics seem to highlight the intake...The pics remind me of one of my favorite Rodney Dangerfield jokes---"The last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it!!!"...AKA Nancy Pelosi......Anyway----Again, the intake doesn't look that bad when you have the plane in your hot little hands!!!

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Great Planes 30mm Brushless Micro EDF F-86 Sabre! NitroCharged Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 2731 Aug 26, 2014 08:58 PM
Article FIRST SIGHTING: Great Planes F-86 Micro Sabre at the Arizona Electric Festival Michael Heer Micro Ready-to-Fly 31 Jan 09, 2013 06:49 PM
Sold Eflite F-86 Sabre BNF EDF Jet NEVER FLOWN ready to fly!!!! thutt3430 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 Apr 17, 2011 10:34 PM