HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:15 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1,874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
For a really direct lipo swap out - the nanotech 260mah lipo is perfect for the job.
Is that a Hobby King deal.
I had a bad go with HK.
They charged me for stuff they never shipped 3X over.
It took months to sort out. Mean while interest was stacking up on my card.
A lame apology is all I got.
Banana hobby worse.
Nitro planes not so hot
Sorry to vent.
Still looking for better weather.
Stocked up on micro deans.
At least can use a real charger and do checks! Chris
Wamp is offline Find More Posts by Wamp
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:35 PM
bluefield va.
Joined Sep 2009
318 Posts
Someone please HELP,Ive got two of these gp micro f86 planes and both of them when I spool up the motor the control surfaces move(ail n elev.)Cant fly these POS because surfaces moving with the thottle?????Both planes are new......Im using a Futaba 7c with anylink....Ive got a dx7 but havent tried it yet...
grasschopper is offline Find More Posts by grasschopper
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:24 PM
newbie dive'n in
Canada, BC, Prince Rupert
Joined May 2012
305 Posts
You have to read the instructions on the anylink, it tells you how to switch it to the other mode. You have to hold throttle down & left or right for a few sec on power up
emeraldc is offline Find More Posts by emeraldc
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:46 PM
bluefield va.
Joined Sep 2009
318 Posts
Change to my DX7 and had to hold thottle down and too the right and now everything works great ...I think the manuel calls this mapping the anylink,but when I thottle up now no surfaces move....I wondered why this was happening with my futaba 7c?????
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:52 PM
bluefield va.
Joined Sep 2009
318 Posts
Another question Ive got two new microf86's one has a 200mah batt and the other has a 250mah batt....The 200mah like to never charged and doesnt last no time?????I thought I seen where these were bad batteries????
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:58 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,147 Posts
Sounds like the 200 has gone stale. The 250 balances the model out perfectly so just use that one.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:02 PM
Seymour,TN
Joined Feb 2010
241 Posts
I found a better website that has more options in shipping for parts than tower hobbies
here is the link for the stock batteries http://secure.hobbyzone.com/search/GPMP0810.html
I also found some sky lipos but they may be to long to fit. http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl350-2s1p-20c-2222.html
their dimensions are 54mmx30.66mmx9.39mm they are out of stock though
could some of the foam toward the esc be cut and would a bigger battery mess up the CG?
TcCobra13 is online now Find More Posts by TcCobra13
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ESKY D700 3G fix
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:13 PM
▲▼▲▼≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣ ≣≣≣≣≣ ▼▲▼▲
United States, MD, Laurel
Joined Mar 2010
625 Posts
Micro Specktum Rx on F-86?

Hey Guys, I am not having much luck flying the F-86 with the stock transmitter.

I am thinking of using my DX6i transmitter with Spektrum compatible micro RX to tame this plane (with expo).

Has someone doe this? Or can someone suggest the mapping on the original receiver (which outlet is elevator, which is aileron, which is rudder, etc). Its a long shot, but I am hopeful

Thanks,
Seth
IndiaHobby is online now Find More Posts by IndiaHobby
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:02 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaHobby View Post

I am thinking of using my DX6i transmitter with Spektrum compatible micro RX to tame this plane (with expo).

Has someone doe this? Or can someone suggest the mapping on the original receiver (which outlet is elevator, which is aileron, which is rudder, etc). Its a long shot, but I am hopeful

Thanks,
Seth
Hi Seth,

Check out post 2122 in the other Sabre thread found here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...73648&page=142

I have no experience with doing this, but I'm pretty sure a few guys on here have done what you're trying to do.
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:16 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
638 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2122

Quote:

Thanks,
Seth
fairplane is online now Find More Posts by fairplane
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:10 PM
Joined Mar 2010
625 Posts
Thanks Guys for the RX image... The spektrum receiver works perfectly

Just a suggestion for others...Be careful if/when you cut/part the fuselage not to cut/break the aileron servo wires...I learnt the hard way...
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:41 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
638 Posts
Did you just cut the 2 foam straps that were holding the receiver?

Quote:
Thanks Guys for the RX image... The spektrum receiver works perfectly

Just a suggestion for others...Be careful if/when you cut/part the fuselage not to cut/break the aileron servo wires...I learnt the hard way...
fairplane is online now Find More Posts by fairplane
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:32 PM
Joined Mar 2010
625 Posts
I did cut the foam straps that were holding the original RX, but the servo wires were quite short in length, so I tried to separate a fuselage halves to get to the servo wires... This was not required... you could gently tug/pull on the wires...while removing them from the original RX

Wish I had a picture to explain better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplane View Post
Did you just cut the 2 foam straps that were holding the receiver?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:00 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Apr 2012
59 Posts
Wow

I also got this plane on the $59 deal (also felt it was too good to pass up).

But, I waited until today b/c 1. I was still afraid to fly it and 2. Weather in the Pacific Northwest hasn't been the best til this week.

Anyway, I'm happy to report that I successfully flew and didn't completely crash my first EDF. What a blast! Not as hard as I thought itd be to fly. Besides that it flew great out of the box. Motor didn't sound like crap. Both elevators moved in unison. I didn't have any of the problems I've read about here, other than CG which I'll get to.

I'm using a DX6i with AnyLink. I followed the directions in the manual and it worked first time. I did have to reverse the Ailerons, Elevator, and Rudder.

With the stock 250mah battery ALL THE WAY FORWARD (as suggested by the manual) ...it was still tail heavy. I knew this as I did a rough CG check, but couldn't help myself in wanting to fly it LOL. I also intentionally flew it over tall grass so the first few times it looped it didn't come down too hard. My fix on the fly was to give it a lil trim of down elevator.

Final fix-- a dime hot glued in the little slot just forward of the battery tray. Again, this is still with the stock Electrifly 250mah they now provide. So this thing is seriously tail heavy. But as many of you know, even though I'm now slightly nose heavy now (by just a bit)...there is plenty of room to move the battery aft to get it spot on if needed or after repairs.

Anyway, lookin forward to lettin all know how it flies now. Hopefully tomm.
flyingpete is offline Find More Posts by flyingpete
Last edited by flyingpete; Jan 23, 2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: also had to reverse rudder. forgot bout that
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:24 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Apr 2012
59 Posts
Alrighty

Got it out after putting the dime in and it flew AWESEOME. Again, this is with a dime tucked up forward into the nose of the plane from the battery try area WITH a 250 mAh battery. CG was good, *slightly* nose heavy now--and took no trim whatsoever. I used a spot of low temp hot glue to secure the dime in place. Easily removed and will stand the test of time.
flyingpete is offline Find More Posts by flyingpete