HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:16 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,243 Posts
In the instructions, it tells you how to assign the channels for JR/Spektrum.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:25 PM
wrongler HeliHobby online rep.
United States, NY, Brewerton
Joined Jan 2011
14 Posts
Instructions

I may be missing that page, what instructions? The anylink or the jet manual?
wrongler is offline Find More Posts by wrongler
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:39 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,243 Posts
the anylink manual.

I simply unplugged the leads and plugged them back in order to suit my DX7. Much faster.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:45 AM
I live on LiPos
United States, DE
Joined Jul 2012
691 Posts
great review i have one question though.

Using the Anylink with my Dx6i, would it count as one of my 10 "models" that the dx6i holds?
RcAirplaneNoob is offline Find More Posts by RcAirplaneNoob
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:59 AM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Yes.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:18 AM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Just got one of these on sale from Tower. Any recommendations for batteries?

Thanks!
Pete
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:28 AM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,582 Posts
Any high performance 2S 250 pack should do fine. I am happy with the performance of the stock 250 so far, but will be buying some more packs. Will likely use Hyperion 240s or TP 250s
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:46 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
Any high performance 2S 250 pack should do fine. I am happy with the performance of the stock 250 so far, but will be buying some more packs. Will likely use Hyperion 240s or TP 250s
Thank you for the reply! Nice to see that the stock battery is only $5.99. Great Planes does not gouge on battery prices like Horizon...

Pete
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:31 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Feb 2000
87 Posts
My take on the F-86

Just got in the first flight. Got mine from the Black Friday sale at Tower.
Positive:
-Flies well and tracks snoothly
-Good power
Negative:
-Charger came defective. Both charger LEDs kept blinking. Had to charge my pack with a different charger
-Elevator on one side travels much more (2-3x) than the other. I found a pict that someone took of the inside that shows even though both elevators are linked to the same servo, one has more direct linkage. I alleviated the problem somewhat by reducing the pushrod binding to the fuse on the side with less movement
-For some reason, my first flight required considerable amount of up trim for leveled flight... I would guess about 1 to 1.5 mm of deflection.

I would give it an overall grade of 3/5. While none of the the negatives is what I consider to be "show stopper" they are nevertheless annoying problems. I feel like my purchase clearly has some defects, but I am still debating whether it's worthwhile of my time to pack up and ship it back to Great Planes on my own dime.
tqpham is online now Find More Posts by tqpham
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:10 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tqpham View Post
Just got in the first flight. Got mine from the Black Friday sale at Tower.
Positive:
-Flies well and tracks snoothly
-Good power
Negative:
-Charger came defective. Both charger LEDs kept blinking. Had to charge my pack with a different charger
-Elevator on one side travels much more (2-3x) than the other. I found a pict that someone took of the inside that shows even though both elevators are linked to the same servo, one has more direct linkage. I alleviated the problem somewhat by reducing the pushrod binding to the fuse on the side with less movement
-For some reason, my first flight required considerable amount of up trim for leveled flight... I would guess about 1 to 1.5 mm of deflection.

I would give it an overall grade of 3/5. While none of the the negatives is what I consider to be "show stopper" they are nevertheless annoying problems. I feel like my purchase clearly has some defects, but I am still debating whether it's worthwhile of my time to pack up and ship it back to Great Planes on my own dime.
I had a similar issue with the charger flashing, got it going by messing around with it then, on my second charge the battery puffed. I got rid of the charger got a UMX plug adapter from rcconnectors.com and keep the cigarette lighter power cord handy in my car for use with other chargers. My ailerons don't deflect perfectly evenly, but yours sounds more pronounced, mine isn't noticeable in flight.

I haven't heard of anyone requiring up trim, normally these things are tail heavy.
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:09 AM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,550 Posts
Has anybody tried 3cell on the saber??? There's a vid on YouTube of the eflite mig 15 flying on 3cell and it's faaaaaast.

Wonder if the saber can handle it......
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Last edited by super kupfer; Dec 08, 2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:34 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer View Post
Has anybody tried 3cell on the saber??? There's a vid on YouTube of the eflite mig 15 flying on 3cell and it's faaaaaast.

Wonder if the saber can handle it......
It works.....the saber is a rocket, I can't keep the the throttle full as gets out of sight very fast

Motor was bit hotter after the first flight but two flights after and it still runs no problem.
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:11 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I agree,,, it has too many problems..
and looks like crap
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:03 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,243 Posts
Nice of you to take that reply out of context....
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:44 AM
Joined Sep 2012
544 Posts
Anyone have spare main wings and vertical/horizontal stabs they want to sell? I live in the US and I've been waiting patiently for them to get in stock at Tower Hobbies for about 3-4 months now. I'd really like to fly this amazing jet again.
Mike20 is offline Find More Posts by Mike20