HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2012, 06:14 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
That is a tough question. You'd be best answering the following to yourself to decide:

Which model's looks do you like the most?
Where do you fly(typical weather for the year)?
How good are your skills?
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:02 AM
Joined Mar 2012
754 Posts
about a year's experience with the P-51 and Mosquito UMs. Small paved field. average winspeed 5-10 MPH.
Valkpilot is offline Find More Posts by Valkpilot
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:43 AM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,199 Posts
Hey guys, I know this is a jet but I was wondering how slow can you get this baby to go without it dropping from the sky. The reason I ask is that my flying "field" is not that big. I would say an "80-yard" football field.

I see that Tower is having a sale on this until the end of the month for $99 which inlcudes the AnyLink module (no rebate needed!). That sparked my interest. I currently have an 8FGH.
MK is offline Find More Posts by MK
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:06 AM
savannah, GA
Joined Feb 2003
138 Posts
It can fly pretty slow.
You don't need a big field unless you like to fly wide open all the time.
It's not that really that fast and it's so small that it becomes hard to see if you get too far away.
It needs about 30 to 40 feet of runway if you use the landing gear.
I prefer to fly without the landing gear. I hand launch mine at shoulder height and usually land it in the grass right at my feet.
lousyflyer is offline Find More Posts by lousyflyer
Old Sep 02, 2012, 12:19 PM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,199 Posts
Thanks for the info (I haven't read all the pages of this thread but I will). I don't plan to fly WOT. I am aware that smaller objects appear faster when moving so I keep that in mind when watching the videos posted here but I still would like to hear it from those that have owned and flown one.
MK is offline Find More Posts by MK
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:28 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,574 Posts
Question: two of my friends just purchased sabers, while flying they experienced signal interference but only on the throttle between themselves, they both fly JR, did anybody have/had this phenomenal happen to them?
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:48 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer View Post
Question: two of my friends just purchased sabers, while flying they experienced signal interference but only on the throttle between themselves, they both fly JR, did anybody have/had this phenomenal happen to them?
Must be a common problem as this is the third time I have read about it on three different threads.. In the past two minutes..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:24 PM
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,432 Posts
That's strange, I was just flying mine this past weekend (dogfighting a mig!) and haven't experienced any issues. It might be worth putting in a call to Hobbico to see if they have any suggestions.
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:19 AM
end user
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,079 Posts
i have noticed a momentary throttle cut while in a hard banking turn to the left with both of mine.
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:19 PM
Italy, Sicilia, Messina
Joined Apr 2011
300 Posts
Excuse the ignorance but with this system I can drive with my Futaba T10 or T18 the Blade MCPX BNF or similar helicopters.
thanks
goryc is offline Find More Posts by goryc
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:15 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
3,235 Posts
My LHS has this one sale this month for $109 and half off the Anylink system. I have a DX6i and have a large BH 64mm EDF jet that I have done a decent job of flying along with over a year of flying my um P-51 and PC.

Needless to say I am very interested in this jet and upgrading the capacity of my TX for other planes. To those of you that have own this for a while, what is your take after putting a number of flights on it? I don't want to have it fly only 20 times and have a lot of problems with it.

Thoughts?
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:58 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,640 Posts
Put the first two flights on the Great Planes Micro F-86 yesterday. Overall impression very favorable.

Used the Anylink module with my DX7. Worked well, but I hate sticking the module on the TX with velcro.

Used the landing gear, as we have a great runway at the club field.

Enjoyed flying it for the very most part. Good power and speed and decent duration from the little fan and motor. Mine had the newer 250 battery with the model. The fan sounded great and was vibration free, which was nice.

One issue that I did not care for was how Great Planes rigged the model. They molded in a significant amount of negative stab incidence, which is fine until you do a roll or extended inverted flight. It then takes a massive amount of down elevator to level out the roll while inverted and to fly inverted.

Need to tune the rates and exp a little more, but will not be hard to dial in, I think.

Take off and landing manners were quite nice in the 6-7 mph winds Saturday evening. Carrying a touch of power allows the model to make very soft landings. Power completely off tends to allow the model to develop a little more sink rate than you need to have, and the model tends to bounce at touchdown.

Overall stability was pretty good. I was alternating flights with this model and with my fairly new Parkzone uM Spitfire with AS3X gyro stablity assist. The Spit was a little more stable and groovy, but the little F-86 was not that far behind it.

I though the quality of the finish on this F-86 was really nice...very well done and perhaps a little nicer than the latest HH uM and uMX models.

One of the more impressive Great Planes small electric offerings to date.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:53 AM
The Last Question
United States, UT, West Valley City
Joined Oct 2006
549 Posts
I just ordered one from Tower with free Anylink. $69.97 with shipping. Split into 3 payments. I wish payday wasn't so far away or I would've bought two...
Entropy76 is offline Find More Posts by Entropy76
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:36 PM
Flint, Michigan
Joined Aug 2008
727 Posts
I snapped up that deal for 69 bucks as well, that is a great price!! Cannot wait to crash it!
aviator24 is offline Find More Posts by aviator24
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:59 PM
wrongler HeliHobby online rep.
United States, NY, Brewerton
Joined Jan 2011
14 Posts
Jr 11x tx

Anyone use this TX with the Jet? None of the controls are correct, no throttle on the right stick elevator move aileron, nothing is correct. Am I missing something, Anylink is installed and working, Do I have to change the plugged in servos on the RX?
wrongler is offline Find More Posts by wrongler