SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:24 PM
Semper Fly!
Joined Dec 2010
469 Posts
Discussion
Guess who's back, back again !

So long story short about 6 months ago I crashed my Align 500 for the first time. After that I fell into a deep state of depression, I started drinking heavily to try to cope with the loss of my almost totaled Trex 500. I was homeless for a few months at a time, just me and my pile of parts, my wife left me, I was at rock bottom. Well I finally got my motivation back and stated flying my 450. A week later I ordered a crap load of parts to get my 500 back in the air. She is 95% complete just waiting on new motor bearings and KBDD tail blades which come in Thursday. Also take note that not all of the above information is true . anyway.. here she is !!! and it's good to be back in the Heli world!

I'm not a huge fan of neon frames but it was a helluva lot cheaper than the oem pieces.
RC_Marine is offline Find More Posts by RC_Marine
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 12:56 AM
United States, Mt, Forsyth
Joined Mar 2008
43 Posts
Holy Crap! That is quite a tale!

Gratz on pulling it all back together and getting back in the air!

I am going to the Heli store tomarrow and was planning on picking up and building my first 500....

but now I'm a little scared!!
johnnympc is offline Find More Posts by johnnympc
Old Feb 01, 2012, 01:07 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2011
282 Posts
I wonderd what happened to you. Rcgunner was lost without ya. ....ur so far behind now most of us r flying 600s and 700s....will wait for ya. Ha
Gemini-550 is offline Find More Posts by Gemini-550
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:44 PM
Semper Fly!
Joined Dec 2010
469 Posts
Yea a buddy of mine that started flying 450's with me just bought the new 600pro FBL. not to mention his skill has vastly improved. However I can say that flying heli's is like riding a bike, I took that 450 back up and was immediately doing inverted hovers just a few feet off the deck.
Actually spooled up the 500 a few hours ago and she seemed real smooth, I can't wait for the weekend!
Johnny dont be scared, the 500 is a great heli and is really not that bad to crash. I think I spent $150 to get it back up and that was buying ALOT of parts, plus now I have spares of almost everything
RC_Marine is offline Find More Posts by RC_Marine