SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:18 PM
United States, CA, Laguna Beach
Joined Dec 2009
191 Posts
Discussion
Diagonal rolling lines...

Got a new 690tvl camera and today was first time flying it and I have lines rolling across my screen. Some times it gets worse they happen with motor on or off. I had to re solder things because my old camera was 5v and this one is 12v, I use 5v reg for vtx. Also MUTE SOUND, easier to see lines if full screen.

MUTE SOUND
fpv skywalker ezosd (5 min 44 sec)
Some times when lines are bad are at :30 1:05 2:40 and anything past 4:40 and it looks worse before I condense it for youtube.
ruffo is offline Find More Posts by ruffo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:19 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffo View Post
Got a new 690tvl camera and today was first time flying it and I have lines rolling across my screen. Some times it gets worse they happen with motor on or off. I had to re solder things because my old camera was 5v and this one is 12v, I use 5v reg for vtx. Also MUTE SOUND, easier to see lines if full screen.

MUTE SOUND
http://youtu.be/gkofs_WmDqU Some times when lines are bad are at :30 1:05 2:40 and anything past 4:40 and it looks worse before I condense it for youtube.
Do you use an LRS? Thats the kind of interference I'd get from having my unfiltered DL too close to the VRx. Are you flying on 1280vid/433control?

Also just something else I noticed is that there are smaller lines of distortion that crop up every now and again. Are you using an onboard mic? If you arn't make sure you ground the VTx audio wire.

Blues
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:00 PM
United States, CA, Laguna Beach
Joined Dec 2009
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshy View Post
Do you use an LRS? Thats the kind of interference I'd get from having my unfiltered DL too close to the VRx. Are you flying on 1280vid/433control?

Also just something else I noticed is that there are smaller lines of distortion that crop up every now and again. Are you using an onboard mic? If you arn't make sure you ground the VTx audio wire.

Blues
No LRS 2.4 video and 72mhz and no onboard mic
ruffo is offline Find More Posts by ruffo
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:11 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,663 Posts
Since it doesn't change with the motor it's probably switching noise from the 5v BEC
powering your video Tx. When it was powering both a 5v cam and 5v tx, everything was
at the same ground potential, and now it likely is not.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member