CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 01:29 AM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,253 Posts
Cool, I like the paint scheme as well. Thanks for posting as well.
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
Old Sep 02, 2012, 04:38 AM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2005
1,038 Posts
I like the looks myself. Did you notice via the More Info link that the floats and conventional landing gear are included?

"..Equip it with the included floats for takeoffs and landings from a pond or small lake; conventional landing gear is also supplied...."
Phoenex is offline Find More Posts by Phoenex
Last edited by Phoenex; Sep 02, 2012 at 04:49 AM. Reason: additional info
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:30 AM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,253 Posts
I hope they come out with a receiver ready version. The one listed seems to come with a receiver and the "any link" module, or is "any link" ready?
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:25 AM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2005
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Morgan View Post
I hope they come out with a receiver ready version. The one listed seems to come with a receiver and the "any link" module, or is "any link" ready?
I took a look at the other Select Scale models and they all seem to be offered RTF (Ready to Fly), TxR (Transmitter Ready or Bind and Fly)and RxR (Receiver Ready). They do offer a free Anylink module until the end of the year but I am like you and would rather have an RxR. The RxR on this line looks to around $40 bucks cheaper than the TxR as well. I think they would see a lot of orders if they offered an RxR at $179.99.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 12:30 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Yeah that's what we were talkin about. Hobbico. Now I can order it at my LHS up here. Scheme is pretty cool too, much better than the Robbe one. And if the floats are included at the price I'm digging it.
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:59 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,533 Posts
Got this as a review model and it flys very well indeed. Had a bunch of flights with wheels and flew up till dusk so I could see the lights working. They are fairly effective.

Put the beaver on floats and took it down the the beach and had alot of fun ! As I live on Sydney harbor we have working beavers flying around all the time. Was hoping for a " formation " picture but no luck this time.
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:05 AM
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
Norge, Østfold, Fredrikstad
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forced View Post
Got this as a review model and it flys very well indeed. Had a bunch of flights with wheels and flew up till dusk so I could see the lights working. They are fairly effective.

Put the beaver on floats and took it down the the beach and had alot of fun ! As I live on Sydney harbor we have working beavers flying around all the time. Was hoping for a " formation " picture but no luck this time.
Did you experience some problems with your rudder?

Mine is not centering properly, might be the servo or friction in the linkage - have not gotten around to check it out yet. Started on the 5th flight, was fine until then...

Stops so far out of center (and not to the same side each time ) that the last landing was not pretty at all - flight path of a drunken seagull due to all the rudder corrections back and forth
KaiWE is offline Find More Posts by KaiWE
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:20 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,834 Posts
KaiWE,

Have you checked if the rod stopper at the servo arm is tight? Maybe it's slipping, like my friend's elevator one did.

They're a bit awkward to get to, especially if the push rod comes all the way out of the stopper, like his did. Forceps to hold the rod helps.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:28 AM
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
Norge, Østfold, Fredrikstad
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
Was just happy to get it down in one piece, and have prioritized other planes (have faaar to many to choose between ) the last few days - will take a closer look this afternoon, thanks for the tip!
KaiWE is offline Find More Posts by KaiWE
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:38 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,834 Posts
You're welcome. Yes, I think that's how he felt I was amazed his was able to be landed without damaging it, after the elevator rod disconnected itself.

Just before it landed, it buzzed the pits at what looked like full throttle. That's the most scared I've ever been by an electric plane. I think he'd handed it back to his favourite test pilot by then - the guy who actually landed it, on flaps, without the benefit of an elevator because that was kind of doing its own thing. I guess he was giving it full power to try to stop it diving.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:24 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,533 Posts
The way the rudders L bend seats into the housing is very important. Yes I expienced this whist assembling the model but recognised that once screwed in from underneath no play was present.
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:54 AM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenex View Post
I took a look at the other Select Scale models and they all seem to be offered RTF (Ready to Fly), TxR (Transmitter Ready or Bind and Fly)and RxR (Receiver Ready). They do offer a free Anylink module until the end of the year but I am like you and would rather have an RxR. The RxR on this line looks to around $40 bucks cheaper than the TxR as well. I think they would see a lot of orders if they offered an RxR at $179.99.
RxR will be what I'm waiting on as well. I keep checking the site for a update. I can't see them not offering it though. As you stated, they do on all the other models, so why not this one. For the price though, it does still seem to me to be the most scale flying Beaver out yet. Sure fly's a whole lot more scale than the Eflite Beaver ever thought it could. Weight being the enemy of course!
Old Sep 08, 2012, 06:21 PM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2005
1,038 Posts
RTF and TxR only

Looks like they are going to offer this model RTF and TxR only..

I was going to post a link to a video but there is now a properly titled thread that we should move discussion of the Flyzone model. They now have a video link there.

Flyzone Select Scale deHavilland DHC-2 Beaver
Old Sep 09, 2012, 01:23 AM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,253 Posts
Yea, That's what I'm starting to think now also. Talked to my shop and he can get me one for $199, so that I think is a very fair price for the transmitter ready version with floats. He said they will be here in a week and a half as well. : )