HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:59 AM
yeah boy
Newton, NH
Joined Jul 2003
36 Posts
Discussion
Plantraco's Micro Spitfire or ares stick 75 - which one?

or is there another one similiar you like better? please provide your opinions
david5272 is offline Find More Posts by david5272
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2012, 01:32 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2006
5,759 Posts
The Plantraco micro Spitfire is a lot smaller and lighter than the Ares Stick-75. Both uses "Toy style" Tx but the Plantraco offer more options for further use. The choice is a matter of preference for scale look versus simpler design. Not sure if its possible to buy extra receivers or parts for the Ares product so it might kickly turn into a mantle piece. In that role the Spitfire at least look much better
http://www.microflight.com/Online-Ca...itfire-RTF-Set
http://ares-rc.com/nanomicrostick75.html
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Feb 01, 2012, 07:05 AM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,771 Posts
i would not call the ares hobby grade. plantraco is hoby grade, but their controllers suck. they are still king of the 10 gram and lower market.

go with the plantraco
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
Old Feb 02, 2012, 10:05 AM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,373 Posts
I see lots of references to Plantraco's toy TX. Buy a monolith instead and use your own transmitter.
Petefoss is offline Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:23 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,771 Posts
just tryed to order the ares nano stick 75 actuators. was not able to. hobbytown does not have an online store, you can only order from a real store IRL, not all have online. only one in southern AZ could ship online orders, and thier web site would not take my order........
oh well. forget cheap actuators
Old Feb 02, 2012, 05:02 PM
Joined Mar 2006
179 Posts
hands down the best is the nano stick flys great flyes for over 10 min
straight and level at less than 1/4 Throttle replace ment parts are the cheepest in the market $5 accuator $25 for reciever
looks great if the air
the battery for plantraco if you can find them are over $20 ares is 1/4
we have a couple of each at indoor both fly but plantraco is very fragle

tom
chem teacher2 is offline Find More Posts by chem teacher2
Old Feb 02, 2012, 05:15 PM
Joined Mar 2011
107 Posts
I own a Spitfire and fly a friend's Nano Stick. they are totally different animals! The Spitfire is small, fragile and fast. Not a beginner's airplane. It requires a lot of real estate to turn. The Nano Stick is a fun model and flys great! Can turn on a dime and even loop when spiraled down under power. Rogs with ease! No contest! The Nano Stick would be my first choice. Just call the nearest Hobbytown and they will ship it to you in a day or so.
Bwattie 2 is offline Find More Posts by Bwattie 2
Old Feb 02, 2012, 06:46 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,771 Posts
Bwattie 2: yeah, i forgot. to the OP, if your a beginner, get the ares unless you like spending hours building after every crash.