HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2012, 03:05 AM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,652 Posts
Simon,
That sounds very much like my MS type G, and I couldn't understand why that was such a pig to start with either. It makes no sense at all because both are essentially the same as my Pfalz E1 and that flew really nicely. However, as I mentioned, I'm sure my type G problems were inteference related because it suddenly went from a pig to a very stable, smooth flier - albeit with the occasional unnerving twitch. It just didn't seem like the same model. One flight a nightmare, the next a joy.

Are those the Peck wheels? They always struck me as hugely over priced and none too strong. Fine for rubber power models, but not for anything weighing more than an ounce or so. I used to get some nice Czech ones, but they seem to have disappeared from the listings. Much stronger than the Peck ones, but they didn't like sideways loads either.

Pete
PETERRAKE is offline Find More Posts by PETERRAKE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:06 PM
Perth WA
Joined Feb 2007
1,038 Posts
Yes Pete - Peck Polymer and I agree hugely overpriced for what they are. They are marketed for electric R/C so I took a punt. The design really needs the spoked variety and despite reading the appropriate threads I didn't have the confidence to attempt building my own.

Painting the pilot ..
Modelholic is offline Find More Posts by Modelholic
Old Jun 17, 2012, 09:15 PM
Perth WA
Joined Feb 2007
1,038 Posts
One down..one to go!

Finished the MS racer. Need the flying shots and some nicer static shots as well.
Article is half written Pete. I hope to have this all to you in a week or two.
Simon.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 04:08 AM
Perth WA
Joined Feb 2007
1,038 Posts
Success! The MS racer has flown. Took a little bit of fettling but she is trimmed out and ready for more. I can definitely vouch for the strength of the air frame though the spoked wheels didn't fare as well. Control throws have been finalised at 5/16th each way for both rudder and elevator. CG is 1 and 3/4 inches from the leading edge. Needs a gentle touch on the sticks and will start to dutch roll with increased stick inputs. In calm air and flown smoothly though she really does look the part.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 04:53 AM
What's 3D?
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Feb 2008
3,316 Posts
congratulations mate, she sure is a pretty little thing!

Craig
trumps is offline Find More Posts by trumps