HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by MetroGTi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:07 PM
Mexia Izonfia
Monticello, MN
Joined Oct 2003
883 Posts
Discussion
Blu-F-O Part 2

I just finished this version and am waiting for a chance to maiden it. It's a 1/2 scale version of the Blu-F-O made from 3mm & 1mm Depron. ALW came in at 62gr. I hope it flies as well as the larger version.

Update:
Maidened this little bugger the other day. It was very sensitive in the roll axis and I doinked it because I lost orientation. It was better on the second flight after I dialed the ailerons down to about 70% travel, but I still over corrected and rolled it into the ground. Before the next flight I'm going to taper the elevons a bit so they are a bit narrower at the tips. Hopefully that will lower the roll rate a tad without losing the thrust vector effect at low speed. I'll probably add some color to help with orientation too. Other than that, it has plenty of power and really scoots.
MetroGTi is offline Find More Posts by MetroGTi
Last edited by MetroGTi; Feb 05, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:13 PM
Mexia Izonfia
Monticello, MN
Joined Oct 2003
883 Posts
I successfully flew the Mini Blu-F-O today. Since the earlier flights, I've added some small wing tips and they seem to have helped tame the roll rate. It was a bit overcast and made it difficult to see the plane, but I was happy with the performance and the handling. I just need to get some lighter/brighter colors on the plane so I can see it better.
MetroGTi is offline Find More Posts by MetroGTi