SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by MetroGTi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 08:23 PM
Mexia Izonfia
Monticello, MN
Joined Oct 2003
891 Posts
Build Log
Blu-F-O Part 1

I've been working on this design since last fall. It's loosely inspired by a design called the "Blue_Wonder". A nearby club uses the "Blue Wonder" as an inexpensive, single design, full contact, club combat platform. One of our club members named John has built a couple "Blue Wonders". Another club member named Leo was inspired by the performance of John's Blue Wonder and built a modified "Depron Wonder" from 6mm Depron by adding a fuselage to house the battery and electronics.
Inspired by John and Leo, but wanting a plane with a few more curves, I did a quick little concept sketch. I scanned my sketch and imported it into AutoCAD. I then drew up my first set of plans based on the sketch. It took me a little over a week to build my first protoype, which flew very nicely. The only thing I didn't care for on the prototype were the proportions of the fuselage. So I tweaked the plans a little and built a second version, which I completed in about 10 hours from cutting to flying. The second prototype flew just like the first. I've decided to call my version the "Blu-F-O".

I just did a build thread for this model: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1655800
MetroGTi is offline Find More Posts by MetroGTi
Last edited by MetroGTi; May 20, 2012 at 08:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:31 AM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,865 Posts
Blu-F-O Build

Looks like a good delta flyer design. Thanks for Sharing.
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah