Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:06 AM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroboFreak View Post
I'm hoping for an email too....

An email that says "Beta testing is complete, download new firmware & order phase sensors here."
Me too....

There is testing still on going...
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:17 AM
Fly,crash,repair,repeat.
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Oct 2011
40 Posts
There's two ways to do things: The RIGHT way and the quick way.
I'm hoping for the right way.🙏
neoalchemist74 is offline Find More Posts by neoalchemist74
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintstone View Post
Me too....

There is testing still on going...
Me three...I have 3 different sized helis running vbar and castle esc's.
Not willing to be a guinea pig though...
rollin3z is offline Find More Posts by rollin3z
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:31 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
945 Posts
More testing results coming in today... so far so good...
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:04 PM
Fly,crash,repair,repeat.
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Oct 2011
40 Posts
Does the currant testing include the Skookum controllers?
neoalchemist74 is offline Find More Posts by neoalchemist74
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:19 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
945 Posts
There is at least one in the Beta group... I have also emailed Art at Skookum... no reply from him today...
Old Aug 02, 2012, 01:02 AM
Joined Sep 2011
15 Posts
Clint

I've received a reply from art. he wrote the technical info you sent him is good and hopping to get a solution within few week. hopefully before Ircha...
omerco is offline Find More Posts by omerco
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:59 AM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omerco View Post
Clint

I've received a reply from art. he wrote the technical info you sent him is good and hopping to get a solution within few week. hopefully before Ircha...
Thanks...
Old Aug 03, 2012, 06:37 AM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omerco View Post
Clint

I spoke to Art yesterday and it sounds very promising...
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:31 AM
Joined Sep 2011
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintstone View Post
I spoke to Art yesterday and it sounds very promising...
Great to hear :-) i'll be waiting for it
omerco is offline Find More Posts by omerco
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:42 AM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
945 Posts
Update...

Testing is continuing...
There have been a few bumps in the road and so far the biggest problems have been a few setup problems...

I had one problem when I short-cut the VBAR setup on my 3rd model and after having weird throttle behavior I went back and followed Mr Mel's setup video again and then it worked as it should....

The other problem that was hard to figure out was associated to the KV being off on a couple motors... After using the Castle Data Logging to fing the KV of the motors we found the models were over geared and we were bumping the lower limits in the Vbar due to the KV being off substantially and we were geared a few hundred RPMS off...

" You can use the Castle data log to find the "Running KV" of the Motor ... In the native gov set the HS 3 to 4000 RPM ( this is to get the motor to run at 100% ) you can also run in fixed endpoint and make sure you are running 100% in the data log. In Set RPM Gov the IDEA is to get the motor to run Flat out... clear the Data Log...then run the Heli with blades off or pinion disengaged so you can get the motor to run at 100% un loaded... Then on the graph viewer you can download the data from the esc.... change the gearing to 1 to 1 and then in the graph scroll over and you get the vertical line that shows voltage and motor RPM at that time ( ame Mouse position ) ... divide motor RPM by Voltage and you will get the KV of the motor and you can use this in the Castle link setup instead of the rated KV as this is the information you are feeding the Castle Link for the advisement part of the program..."

When your KV is off you can simply adjust your gearing and then the models with the VBAR and other external GOVS will run in the range you are expecting them to. Even using the native Castle GOV I find this method very helpful when working out gearing so the model does not have more over head than you need to work correctly... I am always getting calls from customers who want to trick the Castle GOV... the setup program is just an advisement so changing the voltage and even gearing to make the advisement colors black instead of red is not the best way to enter the setup data... but checking the KV should make the entire setup more accurate...

In conclusion I do not want to point out any particular brand motors... but I do want to get the point across as Hobbyist we have tools in place to check our setup and set up the power systems based off of calculations that just make sense.

The Beta testers have done a great job and I think we are down to working out one setup that is not working correctly and I think the problems there are associated to this post as well. Thanks.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:33 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
945 Posts
Update...

I have emailed the testers tonight as several of them have not checked in so I am hoping to hear back from them tomorrow so we can get this wrapped up before the weekend as several guys want the Beta before IRCHA...

Thanks
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:39 AM
Your mother.
USA, VA, Abingdon
Joined Jan 2011
276 Posts
If it ever comes, is this update going to be labelled as another beta? If so, why?
Thanks.
Phonic450 is online now Find More Posts by Phonic450
Old Aug 10, 2012, 05:12 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonic450 View Post
If it ever comes, is this update going to be labelled as another beta? If so, why?
Thanks.
I thought the update was going to be out today?

Anytime they have lots of new stuff they make it beta until they have everyone use it for a while.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:39 AM
Plainfield, IN
Joined Sep 2004
267 Posts
I promise all of this will be worth the wait! I've got my Ballistic singing with the 160 and V-gov...

Lou
TK421 is offline Find More Posts by TK421