SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 06, 2012, 08:52 PM
Plainfield, IN
Joined Sep 2004
269 Posts
That is great news!! I really hope they go for it ;-)

Lou
TK421 is offline Find More Posts by TK421
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:03 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
956 Posts
Yeah, it is working very well and Mr Mel has great videos up. Right now the Hobby Wing Sensor works well I am told and Castle will have our sensor out soon... Testing the final version next week if all goes well...
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone
Old Jul 06, 2012, 10:30 PM
Australia, NSW
Joined Mar 2011
19 Posts
Will you please release some recommended ESC settings for Align 750MX motors prior to the firmware/sensor release?
HiroboFreak is online now Find More Posts by HiroboFreak
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:00 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroboFreak View Post
Will you please release some recommended ESC settings for Align 750MX motors prior to the firmware/sensor release?
http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...0mx-530kv.html

I have not run the motor nor do I have one... I was told the 700 MX settings work just fine...

You need to enter 12t pinion and 112t main as it has a helical main gear.

I would probably run the following Head Speeds...

Old Jul 07, 2012, 12:42 AM
Santa Clara. Ca
Joined Dec 2008
339 Posts
Clinstone, please kick them in the nuts and get this firmware out already!
OnTheSnap is offline Find More Posts by OnTheSnap
Old Jul 07, 2012, 03:19 AM
Česká republika, Jihomoravský, Brno
Joined May 2011
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
Clinstone, please kick them in the nuts and get this firmware out already!
+1, thanks
Good to know there's some progress.
baui2000 is offline Find More Posts by baui2000
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:05 AM
Plainfield, IN
Joined Sep 2004
269 Posts
So... I flew again this morning. I tried several gains and ended at 30 and still have a slight chatter. At this point, I think it is the low resolution issue that MrMel talked about in his last video.

Clint,
What numbers are you getting for your limits? I am at -66 and 66... On the up side, it seems that the head overspeeds and doesn't droop at all.

I'm really looking forward to this new firmware. I really hope it fixes my issue..

Lou
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:27 AM
Santa Clara. Ca
Joined Dec 2008
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
So... I flew again this morning. I tried several gains and ended at 30 and still have a slight chatter. At this point, I think it is the low resolution issue that MrMel talked about in his last video.

Clint,
What numbers are you getting for your limits? I am at -66 and 66... On the up side, it seems that the head overspeeds and doesn't droop at all.

I'm really looking forward to this new firmware. I really hope it fixes my issue..

Lou
My limits are -68/68.

I get some chatter only in piro maneuvers. I assumed it was something Goblin or tail servo related but perhaps it's somehow gov related. Outside of piro maneuvers no chatter at 37 gain.
OnTheSnap is offline Find More Posts by OnTheSnap
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:12 PM
Plainfield, IN
Joined Sep 2004
269 Posts
VBar 5.2 Episode 20 - Governor Electric Remake (23 min 4 sec)

I think this is the latest video as far as GOV set-up. on here he talks about too low a number on the v-bar limits will cause a tail wag. I get mine when I load the head and the gov overspeeds and then settles back to a consistent RPM. It did get better with the lower gains but it is still there. While flying smooth big sky style stuff, the HS is locked in and super smooth. When I start to spank on it a little like tic-tocs and fast flips it will chatter. Piro's feel same as any other V-bar tail and no issues noticed there either.

Lou
Old Jul 07, 2012, 05:57 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
My limits are -68/68.

I get some chatter only in piro maneuvers. I assumed it was something Goblin or tail servo related but perhaps it's somehow gov related. Outside of piro maneuvers no chatter at 37 gain.
My limits are -124 and +98 with the new firmware -68/68 will get broader...
I used the Castle Calibration technic with the ESC plugged in to set the limits and I got the tone for 100% and I got the arming Tone when I reached -0- throttle... It was pretty simple to Apply that to Mr Mel's video.

You will have soft start and the auto rotation idle mode and setting the castle to auto enabled and setting the HS change rate to the desired recovery ( I use 18 ) will be a plug and play solution to stop the motor and use Castle Auto-Rotation recovery.

Results are simple setup that you can test on the bench... I am still testing today with another setup to check gains with a different motor... KDE 700 XF on an E7... And Torque servos... The Futaba S-Bus system works great on the VBar with default channels... I am using the Gyro function for Bank switching and if needed I can change the gain for the GOV with this function also.

When gain is to High it sounds like a rattle... 2 points can take the sound away... by using the bank switching it was easy to set the gain and test small differences.
Last edited by Clintstone; Jul 07, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 06:08 PM
Plainfield, IN
Joined Sep 2004
269 Posts
Sweet sweet sweet. I so can not wait for this. I really think it will fix my issues and really make it worth having waited for so long...

Lou
Old Jul 08, 2012, 05:04 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,538 Posts
I would really like to get one of those new CC Phase Sensors to test with my new Skookum SK540 flybarless controller. There are a lot of CC customers that fly other brands of external governors and I hope that CC tests more than just V-Bar before they market the hardware/software package.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:24 AM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
I would really like to get one of those new CC Phase Sensors to test with my new Skookum SK540 flybarless controller. There are a lot of CC customers that fly other brands of external governors and I hope that CC tests more than just V-Bar before they market the hardware/software package.

We have talked with Art at Skookum as he is working on firmware... The sensor is pretty cool and takes about 2 minutes to install.

We worked with Mikado to protect both the Esc and the vbar to ensure they worked well together. We have also sent info to Skookum.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:30 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintstone View Post
We have talked with Art at Skookum as he is working on firmware... The sensor is pretty cool and takes about 2 minutes to install.

We worked with Mikado to protect both the Esc and the vbar to ensure they worked well together. We have also sent info to Skookum.
Sounds like you are real close to having an excellent product. I hope it’s not too long before I can purchase a sensor.

Keep up the good work,
RC
RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:50 AM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
Sounds like you are real close to having an excellent product. I hope it’s not too long before I can purchase a sensor.

Keep up the good work,
RC
I am told the Hobby Wing sensor works... I am trying to find one to give it a try...

*****SCORE***** Found one... on order... looks like the install will not be as neat but I want to try one.
Last edited by Clintstone; Jul 08, 2012 at 11:25 AM.