Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:46 AM
Plainfield, IN
Joined Sep 2004
268 Posts
http://www.falconsekido.com/products/rpm-sensor

I just ordered two. I got my 160HV back from castle last night so I'm gonna give it one last shot before I jump ship to a Hobbywing or Hawk...

Lou
TK421 is offline Find More Posts by TK421
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2012, 11:19 AM
Joined Feb 2009
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
http://www.falconsekido.com/products/rpm-sensor

I just ordered two. I got my 160HV back from castle last night so I'm gonna give it one last shot before I jump ship to a Hobbywing or Hawk...

Lou
I don't blame you.

While CC have brought a true auto-rotation recovery (no timed windows), easy to setup governor (set RPM), easy motor setup (timing & frequency), telemetry (ESC inputs & outputs) they're failing to stay current with internal and external governor technology.
rceccleston is offline Find More Posts by rceccleston
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:54 AM
Chicago 'burbs
Joined May 2006
1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rceccleston View Post
I don't blame you.

While CC have brought a true auto-rotation recovery (no timed windows), easy to setup governor (set RPM), easy motor setup (timing & frequency), telemetry (ESC inputs & outputs) they're failing to stay current with internal and external governor technology.
I think you are wrong about the internal governor technology.
Alan Hahn is offline Find More Posts by Alan Hahn
Old Jun 17, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Feb 2009
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hahn View Post
I think you are wrong about the internal governor technology.
How so??

To date, most are running V3.27 released over 13 months ago (05/2011) because Castle have failed to release support for proactive governors from in our flybarless systems, while other well known manufactures supported external governors last summer.

Few that have risked upgrading to V4.01 have experienced startup and loss of power issues.
rceccleston is offline Find More Posts by rceccleston
Old Jun 17, 2012, 05:18 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rceccleston View Post
How so??

To date, most are running V3.27 released over 13 months ago (05/2011) because Castle have failed to release support for proactive governors from in our flybarless systems, while other well known manufactures supported external governors last summer.

Few that have risked upgrading to V4.01 have experienced startup and loss of power issues.
I have v4.01 running on a Phoenix 80, HV-85, HV-110, HV Ice-80, HV Ice-120. They are running good.
gww528 is offline Find More Posts by gww528
Old Jun 17, 2012, 06:14 PM
Plainfield, IN
Joined Sep 2004
268 Posts
Well, I'm about to solder up my replacement HV160 with a hobbywing sensor... We'll see how it goes. From my understanding 4.01 works fairly well minus the soft start...

Lou
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:04 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,303 Posts
If you crank up the Start Power 4.01 is excellent for most setups but there are exceptions. CC definitely needs to do a little more work on 4.01 for all the throttle modes. Last time it took them over a year to get an update out so I don’t expect anything anytime soon. They really need to get some better (and faster) firmware developers before all their customers die of old age – LOL.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:41 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
If you crank up the Start Power 4.01 is excellent for most setups but there are exceptions. CC definitely needs to do a little more work on 4.01 for all the throttle modes. Last time it took them over a year to get an update out so I donít expect anything anytime soon. They really need to get some better (and faster) firmware developers before all their customers die of old age Ė LOL.

In software development most bugs and delays are introduced during the requirements and design stages, not during implementation.
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:52 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barzaun View Post
In software development most bugs and delays are introduced during the requirements and design stages, not during implementation.

The problem that is frustrating to users is that the start power logic was perfect on 3.x versions but is totally screwed up in V4.01. I donít think that the requirements have changed for all the flight modes. In this case I really think that itís an implementation bug and that makes you wonder if they ever tested it in the real world. Why did the change something that was perfect.

Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:11 AM
NJ
Joined Sep 2006
172 Posts
I was naive thinking that the firmware which fully supports vBar would be released by now. It's been months since I've read that MrMel tested his pre-release beta and gave it two thumbs up. It's been weeks since a Castle employee posted in here with an update. I think we should all set our expectations correctly next time. If this update comes out before IRCHA I'll be SHOCKED! Pretty much I'm convinced now that we won't be seeing this, this flying season.
vadim is offline Find More Posts by vadim
Old Jun 19, 2012, 09:03 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim View Post
I was naive thinking that the firmware which fully supports vBar would be released by now. It's been months since I've read that MrMel tested his pre-release beta and gave it two thumbs up. It's been weeks since a Castle employee posted in here with an update. I think we should all set our expectations correctly next time. If this update comes out before IRCHA I'll be SHOCKED! Pretty much I'm convinced now that we won't be seeing this, this flying season.
If you look at the history they have been working on this problem since February 2011 Ė a very long time if you ask me (500 days).
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1384189

Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:23 PM
Grand Junction , Co
Joined Sep 2010
135 Posts
Putting together an 600EFL with minivbar and was toying i with the idea of running the vbar gov with CC ICE2 HV80. I have a Hobbywing sensor coming and looking at the specs it says working voltage 3.5 to 8.4 V, then in how to use area it says 3.3-5v to power the sensor? I run a direct LiFe to power electronics anyone using the HW sensor know the voltage it will handle?

Jack
WestColoFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WestColoFlyer
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:42 PM
Plainfield, IN
Joined Sep 2004
268 Posts
So what are the recommended settings on the 160 with the hobbywing sensor?

Lou
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:59 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
So what are the recommended settings on the 160 with the hobbywing sensor?

Lou
What firmware are you using?

Old Jun 23, 2012, 08:04 AM
Plainfield, IN
Joined Sep 2004
268 Posts
I was planning on using the 4.01...

Lou