SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 10, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Feb 2009
314 Posts
Castle really need to start looking after their existing customer base before they continue developing to support other aircraft and unsupported telemetry methods because Castle are loosing the enthusiasm and support of their existing customers.

To loose the enthusiasm and support of any companies customer base does not make good future business sense.

Especially after the huge product recalls that has tarnished the companies reputation for reliability, customer service and timely manor for getting replacements to customers.

Existing customers have stayed with their Castle products typically due to financial or telemetry reason but governors have changed and Castle need to keep with the trends else the customer will move to manufacturers that are current and listen to customers needs.
rceccleston is online now Find More Posts by rceccleston
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2012, 06:05 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rceccleston View Post
Castle really need to start looking after their existing customer base before they continue developing to support other aircraft and unsupported telemetry methods because Castle are loosing the enthusiasm and support of their existing customers.

To loose the enthusiasm and support of any companies customer base does not make good future business sense.

Especially after the huge product recalls that has tarnished the companies reputation for reliability, customer service and timely manor for getting replacements to customers.

Existing customers have stayed with their Castle products typically due to financial or telemetry reason but governors have changed and Castle need to keep with the trends else the customer will move to manufacturers that are current and listen to customers needs.
I agree 100%. Castle is getting the reputation of making lots of stuff with lots of features that donít work. It seams like firmware updates introduce many new problems on features that use to work well in the past (like motor start power). Maybe they are afraid to come out with a firmware upgrade because they might get more bad press.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old May 11, 2012, 08:55 AM
Joined Feb 2009
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
I agree 100%. Castle is getting the reputation of making lots of stuff with lots of features that donít work. It seams like firmware updates introduce many new problems on features that use to work well in the past (like motor start power). Maybe they are afraid to come out with a firmware upgrade because they might get more bad press.

I agree.

If Castle don't deliver within the next few months I'm sure many heli pilots will have ran out of patients and will look for an alternative brand that can deliver the performance and features that many cheaper ESC's supported last year.
Old May 11, 2012, 10:06 AM
NJ
Joined Sep 2006
172 Posts
I'm really upset about how things are handled here, the support for vBar is finished, it's been confirmed by MrMel now CC is just draging their feet with releasing it. Guys, it's summer, we all want to go out and fly and want the latest support for vBar governor. Seriously I have no interests in waiting for you to release your own sensor, hobbywing $3 sensor works perfectly, stop stalling and push the updated firmware with soft spool up out already!
vadim is offline Find More Posts by vadim
Old May 11, 2012, 11:30 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim View Post
I'm really upset about how things are handled here, the support for vBar is finished, it's been confirmed by MrMel now CC is just draging their feet with releasing it. Guys, it's summer, we all want to go out and fly and want the latest support for vBar governor. Seriously I have no interests in waiting for you to release your own sensor, hobbywing $3 sensor works perfectly, stop stalling and push the updated firmware with soft spool up out already!
Itís like thousands of helicopter pilots are banging on the door to buy their product but they wonít sell it to them. That makes absolutely no business sense to me, but then I am an engineer and not a business major Ė LOL.

Old May 11, 2012, 11:33 AM
McKinney, TX
Joined May 2007
1,683 Posts
Quote:
Itís like thousands of helicopter pilots are banging on the door to buy their product but they wonít sell it to them. That makes absolutely no business sense to me, but then I am an engineer and not a business major Ė LOL.

I really doubt it's in the thousands. Hundreds, yes.
TheBum is offline Find More Posts by TheBum
Old May 11, 2012, 03:11 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
961 Posts
Quote:

I was told the external GOV support will be in the next CC Link... The sensors are still being finalized but the Hobbywing sensor should work well when available...

For the guys that are so vocal about the firmware being released do you have sensors and of so please post where you got them... Thanks very much...
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone
Old May 11, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Feb 2009
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintstone View Post
I was told the external GOV support will be in the next CC Link... The sensors are still being finalized but the Hobbywing sensor should work well when available...

For the guys that are so vocal about the firmware being released do you have sensors and of so please post where you got them... Thanks very much...
Thank you Clint for taking the time to post.

Is there an eta on the next CC Link release??

While few may have been lucky enough to source a Hobbywing phase sensor I believe many are waiting on CC phase sensor for 100% compatibility.
Old May 11, 2012, 04:00 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rceccleston View Post
Thank you Clint for taking the time to post.

Is there an eta on the next CC Link release??

While few may have been lucky enough to source a Hobbywing phase sensor I believe many are waiting on CC phase sensor for 100% compatibility.
I am waiting to hear back from engineering on the sensor and the firmware. It sounds like the combination works very well... I will post when I am updated...
Old May 11, 2012, 04:22 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,946 Posts
Sounds to me like they won’t release the firmware until the CC sensors are ready. That way they will sell more CC sensors.
Old May 11, 2012, 05:48 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
961 Posts
Quote:
Sounds to me like they wonít release the firmware until the CC sensors are ready. That way they will sell more CC sensors.
Sounds cynical RCMan...lol... It is almost as if Castle is a bad guy if they release the firmware without the new sensor and they are a bad guy if they wait until the sensor is available... I have asked engineering to release the firmware as soon as they can and as for the sensor I believe the hold up is a mold... Again I will post an update when I get one...
Old May 11, 2012, 05:57 PM
NJ
Joined Sep 2006
172 Posts
Quote:

I have 3 sensors that I bought from helidirect.com 2 weeks ago, all three sensors are on 3 of my CC helis, T-rex 500 vbar 75LV, Logo 600 vbar, 80HV, Compass 7hv vbar, 120HV! So Yes please release the firmware so I can finally start taking advantage of vbar governor. I'm a very loyal supporter of castle and always speak highly of it even with all the failures but this sort of attitude towards releasing ready code is beyond something I'm cable of keeping my mouth shut. There is no reason at ALL that you should wait to make your own sensors, distribute them to everyone and then release the code. You guys are loosing sales every single day that the firmware is held back, people at my field are buying YGE, HobbyWing, etc just because of lack of this firmware! Step up to the plate and publish the code you already finalized and just sitting on!
vadim is offline Find More Posts by vadim
Old May 11, 2012, 06:26 PM
Joined Feb 2009
314 Posts
Quote:
I am waiting to hear back from engineering on the sensor and the firmware. It sounds like the combination works very well... I will post when I am updated...
Thank you, we greatly appreciate your time and help.

Since the combination of firmware and phase sensor has already been tested and proven to work very well, It would be in the best interests of CC's future in performance helicopters if Patrick was to finalize the phase sensor with a sense of priority and release a bug free firmware update, before pilots with high performance helicopters drop CC products and adopt the proven Scorpion 130HV with built-in phase sensor.
Old May 12, 2012, 05:57 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,946 Posts
Quote:
Sounds cynical RCMan...lol... It is almost as if Castle is a bad guy if they release the firmware without the new sensor and they are a bad guy if they wait until the sensor is available... I have asked engineering to release the firmware as soon as they can and as for the sensor I believe the hold up is a mold... Again I will post an update when I get one...
We are all just frustrated that it is taking so long. When itís all worked out and the sensors and firmware are on the market Iím sure that we will all be happy and CC will be the good guy again.

Old May 12, 2012, 08:33 AM
Joined Apr 2004
185 Posts
I attended a helicopter funfly last month and saw a Scorpion 130HV with built-in phase sensor go up in flames in a Logo 600. Cause, at the time, was unknown.
rick0007 is offline Find More Posts by rick0007