HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2012, 04:29 AM
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
Skyartec wasp v3

Hello ALL,
I am BRAND NEW to all of this, I have never been involved in Forums before and I am new to the RC Heli game as well. I am asking for some advise from anyone who can offer it to me. I have a SKYARTEC Wasp V3 6ch Heli. I got given this for Christmas from my wife. I took it out of the box, charged the battery up and plugged it in. WELL!!!! This is when the problems started. The throttle was on a little and it took off like nothing else inside the house.. I know, HAHA it's funny right?? Anyway to cut a long story short, after re-disigning the wall and roof the Heli came down and it had stripped the main gear and bent the boom. I have just put it back together but now the main gear spins when the motor is engaged but it is not rotating the shaft. I have tried to clamp the main gear and the belt drive cog as tight as I can with the sleeves with the grub screws in them but it is not making any difference, the main gear just spins on the drive shaft. I'm unsure what I have done wrong but I must have left something out that locks the main gear to the shaft. I hope this makes sence to someone out there and I appreciate any advise that you can give me.

Cheers...
MADLOO is offline Find More Posts by MADLOO
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2012, 08:26 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
That sounds like the main gear has been turned over. The one-way bearing is turning the wrong way.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jan 30, 2012, 03:56 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2011
361 Posts
good luck with skyartec their customer service is nonexistent... i have had very bad experiences with the v4 which i got rid of after stripping the main gear and being told the part is no longer available
andione1983 is offline Find More Posts by andione1983
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:58 AM
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
Ok thanks heaps for your advise, I will try turning the bearing around I had no idea the bearing is a one-way bearing. Also andione, I hope I have better luck than you have with Skyartec as I'm just getting into heli's and I don't want to be put off by bad service.. What brand heli do you suggest???

Thanks again..
MADLOO is offline Find More Posts by MADLOO
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:42 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
If you have no experience, you should be starting with something a lot easier. Your location will dictate your choices. Some brands are a lot more expensive in some parts of the world.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:55 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2011
361 Posts
If you want to jump straight into collective I would suggest the blade mcpx.... Nearly indestructable... Cheap to repair good to learn the basics
andione1983 is offline Find More Posts by andione1983