HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:30 AM
Joined Mar 2008
6 Posts
Discussion
Which Parkzone flyer is the best for the money?

Hey guys so I'm just wondering which of the many micro flyers would be the best for the price? Just want to get some opinions and see what you guys think of them. Let me know which one you would buy or own and tell me a bit about why.

Thanks!
XxOoCoBrAoOxX is offline Find More Posts by XxOoCoBrAoOxX
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2012, 03:53 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,546 Posts
Isee you have been a member here for nearly 4 years but rarely post so I guess you rarely visit or do not read much when you do.

There are many reasons and even more opinions why one is better than the other. One is easier to fly,another is faster ,able to fly slower,looks like a real plane , looks like one my granddad flew in the bigwar ,looks like it could fly to the moon, etc..

There is a thread here already with opinions such as you seak

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823650
and there is a Beginners Electric Flight Forum etc..

Why not do some research and come back with more releveant questions?

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jan 30, 2012, 09:45 AM
Beaumont, TX
Joined Feb 2007
1,331 Posts
Let's see,

Hobbyzone Champ thread has almost 15,000 posts.

UMX Beast thread has almost 14,000 posts.

Think there might be a clue there?

If your just starting, recommend the Champ. Everything you need for $89.00.
Pete Miller is offline Find More Posts by Pete Miller
Old Jan 30, 2012, 04:51 PM
Joined Mar 2008
6 Posts
Thank all for your kind replies. I will go ahead and look into those threads. Let the records be know that as humans we have priorities and sometimes I just can't get back to my hobby everyday =( I wish I could but life gets in the way. So please forgive me if I seem like a free loader who just looks for answers instead of helping others on the forum.

I am on rcuniverse and wattflyer and I rarely would go on rcgroups, so I figured... heck why not go and see how rcgroups is doing...

Well I think I made up my mind and I'm going with the Parkzone micro J3 Cub =).

I go to college so I want to start flying in my schools field house which is a huge indoor flying field and im taking advantage!!

So excited. Thanks again to all of you who took time out and respectfully guided me and advised me.

Many Blessings,

Adisn D
XxOoCoBrAoOxX is offline Find More Posts by XxOoCoBrAoOxX
Old Jan 30, 2012, 09:41 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxOoCoBrAoOxX View Post
Thank all for your kind replies. I will go ahead and look into those threads. Let the records be know that as humans we have priorities and sometimes I just can't get back to my hobby everyday =( I wish I could but life gets in the way. So please forgive me if I seem like a free loader who just looks for answers instead of helping others on the forum.

I am on rcuniverse and wattflyer and I rarely would go on rcgroups, so I figured... heck why not go and see how rcgroups is doing...

Well I think I made up my mind and I'm going with the Parkzone micro J3 Cub =).

I go to college so I want to start flying in my schools field house which is a huge indoor flying field and im taking advantage!!

So excited. Thanks again to all of you who took time out and respectfully guided me and advised me.

Many Blessings,

Adisn D
Is it too late.... Don't buy the J-3. The Champ is 2X the plane.

9 out of 10 people that have both prefer the Champ. I am one of those people and I have a 4 Channel Cub with a Mustang motor and have Mixes in my DX8 to compensate for the Cub's deficiencies, but the Champ flies better right out of the box.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jan 31, 2012, 01:30 AM
United States, CA, San Gabriel
Joined Jan 2008
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Is it too late.... Don't buy the J-3. The Champ is 2X the plane.

9 out of 10 people that have both prefer the Champ. I am one of those people and I have a 4 Channel Cub with a Mustang motor and have Mixes in my DX8 to compensate for the Cub's deficiencies, but the Champ flies better right out of the box.
I agree with UNGN, purchase the Champ instead! I believe the Champ is cheaper in price and it flies so much more smoother. There are even a few mods you can do to it to make it fly even better than ever; if you so desire.

Again, if it's not too late, the Champ should be what you're looking for.
mxandrews1 is offline Find More Posts by mxandrews1
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:21 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,727 Posts
A third vote for the Champ over the Cub. And if you are only flying it indoor, you might even want to look at an ember. If you are new to rc the ember is much easier to handle indoors.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:16 PM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
4th for the champ over the cub. Looking back I would take the p51 micro over cub and champ also as first plane. IMO of course
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:24 PM
My Champ makes birds mad.
Joined Nov 2011
244 Posts
Haha the J3 vs. Champ is old news, it has already been decided....CHAMP! I own one, and it has been no trouble learning off of. Once you finish, if you have a limited budget like me, increase the throws and it gets crazy. Or just keep it slow and relaxing. Or modify the heck out of it. The possibilities are endless with the Champ!
Champflyr is offline Find More Posts by Champflyr
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:32 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
We are over halfway to 9 and the 1 "J-3 is better guy" has hasn't chimed in yet.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:37 PM
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
722 Posts
Champ! Hope it's not too late. He might get the Cub, fly it, come back with a problem before he sees the replies haha
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined Nov 2008
464 Posts
I have a Champ and I like it, good thing about the Champ is it is bigger and can fly slower and has the traditional look of a aircraft. And more important is I can always let go all the control stick and it can land pretty save.

Edmond
Edmond Y is offline Find More Posts by Edmond Y
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:28 PM
burn the envelope dont push it
United States, OK, Norman
Joined Aug 2011
64 Posts
Champ all the way! The Ultra Micro J-3 has nasty stall tendencies, can't handle wind, and has a more easily breakable prop shaft. It's also smaller, squirrelier, and less durable.
pkznpilot is offline Find More Posts by pkznpilot
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:05 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,231 Posts
Champ, nothing more to say except if it's only to be used indoors, the ember (I don't own one) or Night Vapor (I do own one) might be a better choice.

The Champ will fly in the wind too.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Feb 01, 2012, 07:08 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,028 Posts
I got both, I like the Cub, but doesn't fly very scale like and the Champ, well I love it. I even got floats for my Champ that I got from Edge_Pilot and now I can fly off water. At the JR Indoor, there were way more Champs flying than Cubs.

So go for the Champ, I wish I had done it the other way around. Well actually I wish I had not bought the Cub. Way more nicer planes coming out now.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014