HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:52 AM
Joined Jan 2012
9 Posts
Build Log
Micro Cessna Super Cub from X-Twin guts.

This is a Ty Horn designed Micro Cessna Super Cub that I am currently building. I used only scraps of foam and spare parts from an Air Hogs X-Twin that I had laying around.

This is my first micro build and am very pleased with the results so far. The glide test went perfect and so did the first powered straight flight in my living room. I'll test it outdoors when I can get a break from the snow.

Specs:
Designer: Ty Horn http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2416
Plans: http://www.aatoolbox.no-ip.org/
Weight: 19 grams
Dimensions: need to measure it
Material: Takeout box for wings and rudder, Fuselage is de-papered Dollar Tree foam sanded down to thickness, and the elevator is thick paper ( Cellas Chocolate Covered Cherries box)
Donor Plane: Air Hogs X-Twin

I still need to paint it and Sharpie the other windows. I am thinking of adding some meat tray skis to this too. I had some on the Aero Ace jet and could take off from the snow.
gainking is offline Find More Posts by gainking
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 01:31 PM
Sweden, Västra Götaland, Partille
Joined May 2009
493 Posts
Nice little Cub!

Good luck on the maiden.

Tommy
jimjim06 is offline Find More Posts by jimjim06