Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 11, 2001, 04:51 AM
Stavanger, Norway
Joined May 1999
35 Posts
Model shops, clubs or events in Denver

I'm going to Denver for a course in the midst of September (8.-21.), and would like to know if there is any recommended shops for e-flight in the neighbourhood.
I'm also interested in getting in touch with clubs (soaring or e-flight) and to visit any RC-related events.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Svein-Helge
shlea is offline Find More Posts by shlea
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2001, 01:15 PM
Greeley, Colorado, USA
Joined Feb 2000
2,800 Posts
Svein-Helge
Rocky Mountain Soaring Association is a sailplane club based in the Denver, Colorado area. This is an active group with an excellent flying field (sod farm) located minutes from Denver International Airport. There aren't any electric clubs that I know of, but many of our members, myself included, are also flying electrics. There is a sailplane contest scheduled for Aug. 9th. More info about the club can be found at http://www.homestead.com/rmsa
As far as hobby shops that carry electric goodies, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. Action Hobbies and Hobby Giant are two shops that do carry some electric supplies.
Enjoy your stay in Denver and let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Lenny Keer
RMSA, Colorado
Lenny970 is offline Find More Posts by Lenny970
Old Jul 11, 2001, 01:28 PM
Joined Feb 2001
144 Posts
Lenny - you're right about the hobby shops. Not much going for them around here. You have one of the best up in Greeley with Don's. Just bought a J-3 from them last week.

John
Littleton, CO
john mcm is offline Find More Posts by john mcm