HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:59 AM
Erich Parkmann
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
Discussion
Airfield Airplanes?

Hey everyone I'm kind of new here to rc groups. Just curious to hear anyone's experience and feedback of Airfield products. I've been flying parkzone and eflite micros around and am interested in the 800 series zero and if I can find a field big enough the 1400 zero. Thanks guys!
ArticWolf is offline Find More Posts by ArticWolf
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2012, 01:20 AM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
I'd guess the 1400mm Zero will fly in a smaller area than the 800mm.
Afraidtoregister is offline Find More Posts by Afraidtoregister
Old Jan 29, 2012, 04:23 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
642 Posts
ArcticWolf

There is a thread, actually there are many, but this one dedicated to these offerings, and is frequently visited.
Dont let the title fool you, this thread covers pretty much all the 800mm planes...Airfield/FMS

HERE
It is a long thread with lots of info, and there are many videos for you to see about how much space is required.

In my humble opinion, these planes require some effort to set up/trim, but once you have that done, they are cool to fly around, but they do need to be treated like any warbird with regards toflight characteristics.
Cathurga is offline Find More Posts by Cathurga
Old Jan 29, 2012, 02:28 PM
Erich Parkmann
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afraidtoregister View Post
I'd guess the 1400mm Zero will fly in a smaller area than the 800mm.
The larger plane will fly in a smaller area then the smaller plane?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 02:29 PM
Erich Parkmann
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathurga View Post
ArcticWolf

There is a thread, actually there are many, but this one dedicated to these offerings, and is frequently visited.
Dont let the title fool you, this thread covers pretty much all the 800mm planes...Airfield/FMS

HERE
It is a long thread with lots of info, and there are many videos for you to see about how much space is required.

In my humble opinion, these planes require some effort to set up/trim, but once you have that done, they are cool to fly around, but they do need to be treated like any warbird with regards toflight characteristics.
Thanks for the link. Would you consider that airfield/fms is on par with eflite or parkzone on quality, ect?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 02:45 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticWolf View Post
Thanks for the link. Would you consider that airfield/fms is on par with eflite or parkzone on quality, ect?
I like the FMS much better than the HH stuff. I've had issues with each brand but no big deal.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Jan 29, 2012, 05:05 PM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
Quote:
The larger plane will fly in a smaller area then the smaller plane?
The 800mm ones don't slow down well. Big 1400mm ones probably do. My 800mm aifield/fms planes have to fly much faster than my 1100mm corsair. The 1100 stalls at less than half the speed of my 800mms.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 05:09 PM
Erich Parkmann
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
The 800mm ones don't slow down well. Big 1400mm ones probably do. My 800mm aifield/fms planes have to fly much faster than my 1100mm corsair. The 1100 stalls at less than half the speed of my 800mms.
Oh ok I see, btw how do you like your 800mm overall? Have you flown some pz or eflite to compare it to? Those two are the only ones I have at the moment, but I would like to get a 800mm zero or hellcat and maybe a 1400mm zero. Trouble is that nitroplanes are out of stock of both.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 05:15 PM
Joined Jan 2012
597 Posts
That Fms zero is a great looking plane but if u could live with a T-28.....that Dynam 1200mm for 100 bucks @Nitro is a smokin deal IMO.
Pilot Fatigue is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Fatigue
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:50 PM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
I have the 800mm Hellcat and Zero. I'd tell you to avoid them, as I've had lots of troubles with them. You're in for quite a few hours of tinkering to get one to work, and they only fly one way, fast. My PZ plane I just shoved a battery into and it flies amazing. I can fly it fast or slow and it does what I want it to. If you're interested in the 800mm Hellcat, do yourself a favor and get the PZ Wildcat instead.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:20 AM
Erich Parkmann
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
I have the 800mm Hellcat and Zero. I'd tell you to avoid them, as I've had lots of troubles with them. You're in for quite a few hours of tinkering to get one to work, and they only fly one way, fast. My PZ plane I just shoved a battery into and it flies amazing. I can fly it fast or slow and it does what I want it to. If you're interested in the 800mm Hellcat, do yourself a favor and get the PZ Wildcat instead.
Ok thanks for the advice on the 800mm, they have some cool models, but I like ease of use for those small parkflyers. Have you had any experience with the 1400mm planes? From what I can tell from reviews they seem to be pretty good.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 01:32 AM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
I know nothing about them other than their size. If I lived somewhere else I'd grab the Zero. They're huge and they look great. Big tends to fly well.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 01:59 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
642 Posts
Quote:
I dont own any of the others so I am not qualified to answer, but judging by the prices (available to me) the FMS ones are cheaper. I have the corsair and the tempest and they do need to be flown pretty quick. I am flying them on 3S 1000mah packs and a combo of MAS 3 bladers and the stock ones. I have not completely dialled them in, but I removed the nose weight from both of them because of the heavier packs, now the corsair is nose heavy, but the tempest is about right. Corsair needs a lot of up elevator. I need to change the CG.

Both of them have an evil stall if flown slowly.....they are fun though and damn tough.
Cathurga is offline Find More Posts by Cathurga
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:53 PM
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
1,515 Posts
To all interested in the 800mm series!!!! They are some challenging, need room, different flying planes... Hellcat I finally got right.. Dribbled it a bit on the ground and was nothing like the micros as I was expecting.. BUT .. I learned to love them... wouldn't let them beat me... I now aquired Hellcat, P47, Texan and the T28.. Hellcat once you get familiar can fly and land scale but will fall down flown too slow.. Durable plane though.. T28 is the mildest of the ones I have... My opinion only .. They look and feel great!! In the sky They do a great show job... Warhawk next for me I do the ARF and for the $$$'s to me worth it.. They will sharpen your piloting skills.. Quality is high...
Cocg is offline Find More Posts by Cocg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Updating Hangar (a little)
Old Jan 30, 2012, 06:21 PM
Erich Parkmann
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg View Post
To all interested in the 800mm series!!!! They are some challenging, need room, different flying planes... Hellcat I finally got right.. Dribbled it a bit on the ground and was nothing like the micros as I was expecting.. BUT .. I learned to love them... wouldn't let them beat me... I now aquired Hellcat, P47, Texan and the T28.. Hellcat once you get familiar can fly and land scale but will fall down flown too slow.. Durable plane though.. T28 is the mildest of the ones I have... My opinion only .. They look and feel great!! In the sky They do a great show job... Warhawk next for me I do the ARF and for the $$$'s to me worth it.. They will sharpen your piloting skills.. Quality is high...
Have you tried the 1400mm series? If so what do you think?