HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by bonnie9496, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:00 PM
Fighting Gravity
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2011
551 Posts
Discussion
January 29th 2012

Thought I'd start the New Year with a blog about my RC model airplane experiences to date. I'll update it when I remember and share my successes and failures with RC modelling.

I live in Perth, Western Australia.

My RC background: Started flying about 6 years ago after seeing a guy in the park flying and thought "that looks fun, I'll do that". A week later I had my first RC model, an Electrafun XP. A day later I had a crashed plane as I really had no idea! I then followed a pattern of fix, crash, fix, crash.........I'm self taught and have learned the expensive and hard way! I went through 6 planes(4 x Electrafun, 1 x Aerobird Extreme, 1 x F27 Stryker) over about 12 months then gave the hobby away, as too hard and too frustrating. I did have moments of success and could fly my simple 3 channel plane just "OK" in circles, however it was always a knee trembling affair when I was flying.
The LHS I went to was next to useless with information and were only interested in selling another plane. The third plane they recommended/sold me was the Stryker . Let's just say that plane never flew more than 20 metres in its brief life!

Fast forward to May 2010 and I noticed a guy flying at a field whilst out cycling. Interest was rekindled and away I went. Purchased an Electrofun XP and a Cessna 206T from the same useless hobby shop and I was away. Still self taught so it was an ugly couple of months but I was improving!(with flying and repairs ). The other thing I found was RC Groups and this has been my greatest source of information and learning.
bonnie9496 is offline Find More Posts by bonnie9496
Last edited by bonnie9496; Jul 11, 2012 at 05:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:59 AM
into the wild blue yonder
United States, OR, Dundee
Joined Dec 2010
659 Posts
A Stryker? Jeze what kind of hobby shop is that sounds like they just wanted to sell one. They should have set you up with a high wing trainer...
Barney Boy is offline Find More Posts by Barney Boy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: X-8 and X650f
Old Jan 29, 2012, 07:48 PM
Fighting Gravity
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2011
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Boy View Post
A Stryker? Jeze what kind of hobby shop is that sounds like they just wanted to sell one. They should have set you up with a high wing trainer...
As I mentioned Barney. They were useless! I have found other GOOD hobby shops in the city and use them, however tend to order most supplies online from HK or USA.
bonnie9496 is offline Find More Posts by bonnie9496