HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2012, 05:22 PM
Joined Aug 2009
259 Posts
I say 4 1/2 with a silly grin on my face will solve everything.
Cart Miester is offline Find More Posts by Cart Miester
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:17 AM
DoubleTrouble
Florida
Joined May 2009
379 Posts
Dude theres no 1/2 settings. What are you thinking CM? Did you type this out during happy hour?

Double Trouble
DoubleTrouble is offline Find More Posts by DoubleTrouble
Old Apr 12, 2012, 04:39 PM
Panama City Beach FL
Joined Apr 2009
645 Posts
J was telling me last night after reading all the postings setting 3 is no different than 4 and 4 is not much noticeable than 5 Setting 5 is only noticeable upon start and then fades quickly at the end of the heat. I've found 4 stays consistent from start to finish This is why this girl wins

Ceri
CeriJonston is offline Find More Posts by CeriJonston
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:53 PM
Cakeman
Joined Feb 2010
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeriJonston View Post
J was telling me last night after reading all the postings setting 3 is no different than 4 and 4 is not much noticeable than 5 Setting 5 is only noticeable upon start and then fades quickly at the end of the heat. I've found 4 stays consistent from start to finish This is why this girl wins

Ceri

Well I guess you have a point there Ceri.

Cakeman
cakeman is offline Find More Posts by cakeman
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:04 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart Miester View Post
I say 4 1/2 with a silly grin on my face will solve everything.
ROLF, I agree you need to stop hitting the happy hours CM. LOL. And yes all you newbies, theres no half settings on the program end of the motors and esc. The 4 or 5 setting will work just fine pending on the track straights, technical merits and over all size as I and a few others have stated.

Robert
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:46 PM
master of spinning
Il
Joined Dec 2010
130 Posts
what about timing.

Tye
FlatSick is offline Find More Posts by FlatSick
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:11 PM
Holding on to my SEAT!
Florida
Joined Dec 2010
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatSick View Post
what about timing.

Tye

Motor timing depends on a couple of things. Motor type, cells and the track your racing on. Finishing a heat with proper motor timing with out running out of power is critical, cells of course give your motor power and the track size if its large or small is also important to look at.
P.ODell is offline Find More Posts by P.ODell
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:46 AM
Thats Right!
IL, Southern
Joined Mar 2009
326 Posts
I wouldn't go to high. Cogging isn't a problem but take-off can be slow due to the amp draw if you increase your timing to much. I think mine is set at 5 or 6.
JeffGmann is offline Find More Posts by JeffGmann
Old Apr 16, 2012, 08:33 PM
Joined Aug 2010
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGmann View Post
I wouldn't go to high. Cogging isn't a problem but take-off can be slow due to the amp draw if you increase your timing to much. I think mine is set at 5 or 6.
Good advice Jeff. I played around with my adjustments and it nearly scared me. I went to take off and it slowly moved off the line. I thought I fried something. I instantly called Robert at TERC and he told me to turn my timing down. Once I re adjusted it things were fine and I was back to normal speeds again.
bigdonald is offline Find More Posts by bigdonald
Old Apr 17, 2012, 01:23 AM
Thats Right!
IL, Southern
Joined Mar 2009
326 Posts
Thanks.
JeffGmann is offline Find More Posts by JeffGmann
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:22 AM
Holding on to my SEAT!
Florida
Joined Dec 2010
77 Posts
I'd worry more about the voltage in your cells rather than your timing. Power is what makes your timing. Increasing your timing just don't cut it if you don't have the power to back it up.
P.ODell is offline Find More Posts by P.ODell
Old Apr 18, 2012, 01:14 AM
n2kartracing
AL
Joined Mar 2009
199 Posts
Battery power is what wins races. Tuning and setups are next.

N2
n2rckarting is offline Find More Posts by n2rckarting
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:40 AM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
True battery power does win races but if a driver can't drive line nor stay off the wall he or she is nothing on the track. A kart / rc can only be as fast as the driver can control. This is the problem with most owned rc's now. Drivers go out and buy these rc and can't drive lines on a track. Most can only do what we call a speed pass or a drag strip line. If they could drive with confidence then rc tracks would be filled.

Robert
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:39 AM
Joined Aug 2009
259 Posts
I thought I would get in on the action. Battery power is everything but timing and power IMHO go hand in hand. You can't raise your timing unless you have power and you can't raise you voltage if you have crap for cells.
Cart Miester is offline Find More Posts by Cart Miester
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:34 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart Miester View Post
I thought I would get in on the action. Battery power is everything but timing and power IMHO go hand in hand. You can't raise your timing unless you have power and you can't raise you voltage if you have crap for cells.

Very true CM and nicely put. You can't have one without the other.

Toby
Toby Warren is offline Find More Posts by Toby Warren