Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:18 PM
Joined Dec 2009
218 Posts
All modifieds come with a 5200 unless you buy a roller. Theres not many who use other motors. Maybe a handfull if that. The 5200 they come with is the best choice imho.

Motty
motty is offline Find More Posts by motty
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:28 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
I bought a roller and installed my own motor and electronics. The motor I have is a 5000 which is lower than most modifieds.

Toby
Toby Warren is offline Find More Posts by Toby Warren
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:52 AM
Cakeman
Joined Feb 2010
292 Posts
I know many who did what you did Toby. Why did you go with a lower kv? I never heard why.

Cakeman
cakeman is offline Find More Posts by cakeman
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:17 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeman View Post
I know many who did what you did Toby. Why did you go with a lower kv? I never heard why.

Cakeman
Two reasons Cake one was the cost of the motor. I paid ten dollars for it and couldn't pass it up. The reason why I went with a lower kv is because none of the tracks I've been on have long straights. With the karts gearing and the way there setup it works better for me in the infield section.

Toby
Toby Warren is offline Find More Posts by Toby Warren
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:16 PM
DoubleTrouble
Florida
Joined May 2009
379 Posts
But your loosing torque Tobe with the lower kv. I don't see how it would be faster.

Double Trouble
DoubleTrouble is offline Find More Posts by DoubleTrouble
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:37 AM
Joined Dec 2009
218 Posts
With the ratio on the karts it may work out better. I'd have to do the math.

Motty
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:24 PM
Always were your sun glasses!
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Robert told me once the ratio was 10:2? It seems high to me but I think thats what he said.

Leadhauler
Leadhauler is offline Find More Posts by Leadhauler
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:20 PM
Thats Right!
IL, Southern
Joined Mar 2009
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadhauler View Post
Robert told me once the ratio was 10:2? It seems high to me but I think thats what he said.

Leadhauler

It is or close to it.

Jeffgmann
JeffGmann is offline Find More Posts by JeffGmann
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGmann View Post
It is or close to it.

Jeffgmann

It has to be somewhere around there. I'm almost sure its 10:2

Leadhauler
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:26 PM
Joined Dec 2009
218 Posts
Tried calling Todd today I guess there not back? I was going to ask him about the gear ratio and rollout. I think the ratio is 10 to 1 not 10 to 2 Lead. I had it written down on the side of my kart box.

Motty
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:40 PM
Joined Nov 2012
65 Posts
Is anyone running the EX-1 Radio? Had a question if you have if your using your KO rec in your kart.
2012NC is offline Find More Posts by 2012NC
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:07 PM
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012NC View Post
Is anyone running the EX-1 Radio? Had a question if you have if your using your KO rec in your kart.
Dude I don't think you'll find anything close to that nature with these guys. I've seen a few Futabas and M12s but thats about it. Good luck on that one 2012NC.

Leadhauler
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:13 PM
DoubleTrouble
Florida
Joined May 2009
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadhauler View Post
Dude I don't think you'll find anything close to that nature with these guys. I've seen a few Futabas and M12s but thats about it. Good luck on that one 2012NC.

Leadhauler
So very true you may see the big sponsored drivers running something like that but not us poor folks on a budget. Spektrums, FlySky, Futabas and maybe if your lucky a older KO but thats it. Isn't the one he's asking about you can make it into a stick radio to? To hitech for my blood.

Double Trouble
DoubleTrouble is offline Find More Posts by DoubleTrouble
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:19 AM
Joined Nov 2012
65 Posts
Its an excllent radio vs the others you listed. Plus if you have sponsors your forced to use what they send or offer you for racing. In my case I had a couple of extra receivers at my reach. I installed one in my kart. Not a big deal if anyone doesn't use a radio like mine. I was only asking to see. I don't want this to end up like other rc forums on what radio is best or worst. Thats brand politics.
2012NC is offline Find More Posts by 2012NC
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:29 PM
Just_Me
Florida
Joined Mar 2009
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012NC View Post
Its an excllent radio vs the others you listed. Plus if you have sponsors your forced to use what they send or offer you for racing. In my case I had a couple of extra receivers at my reach. I installed one in my kart. Not a big deal if anyone doesn't use a radio like mine. I was only asking to see. I don't want this to end up like other rc forums on what radio is best or worst. Thats brand politics.
Never seen one until I googled it. Unreal what that thing can do and all the wheel adjustments and add ons? Man!

Just_Me
Just_me is offline Find More Posts by Just_me