Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 10, 2003, 01:51 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Mar 2003
448 Posts
Cool
JéPé A4 Skyhawk - Building Threat

Well i just started building my JéPé A4 alias Skyhawk, i did one modification, i put a tailrudder in it. In the hope to do some nice Nife Edge passes.

Because i don't like to start with 10 postings i made 4 pictures with my first buildings steps, i hope you guys can follow it. The first picture is the already flying jet of Dr. Jet on this forum. I also want to put mine in a Blue Angels outfit.

I think the building pictures say enough, if some has a question, just go ahead.

Also building tips are welcome, because this is my first Skyhawk. I'm planning to put a 3 Winder JéPé spiderfan in it. But the first flights will be with my current F16 setup on 16 cells (3000HV) or so.

Can't wait flying this one ...

Grtz,
Emile
Emile is offline Find More Posts by Emile
Last edited by Emile; Oct 10, 2003 at 04:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2003, 01:58 AM
Joined Mar 2003
448 Posts
building picture 2
Old Oct 10, 2003, 01:59 AM
Joined Mar 2003
448 Posts
building picture 3
Old Oct 10, 2003, 02:00 AM
Joined Mar 2003
448 Posts
building picture 4
Old Oct 10, 2003, 09:35 AM
Joined May 2003
172 Posts
I fly mine with 14 Sanyo NIMH 3300's using a mega/jeti with Jepe's spiderfan.I set the timer for 4.5 minutes with no throttle management. I do not use the suggested coupled aileron/elevator but rather used differential in the ailerons(2 mil max down).
jets is offline Find More Posts by jets
Old Oct 10, 2003, 10:06 AM
Joined Mar 2003
448 Posts
I wait with buying my next (new) spiderfan until JéPé has completed his current redesign. He's now making a slightly new design, one with a standard motormounting, so you can decide to put your own motor in it ... Lehner, Hacker, Mega ... without needing to adjust the mountingholes.

Also i would sure like to go LIPOooooh with it next year, so i keep a close watch at all the new developments going on in RC-World. BBut first i'm going to fly it with my F16 powersource, it's pulling 45 amps at 16 cells (Sanyo 3000HV), flight time also approx 4,5 minutes full throttle.

Maybe you have a "hotter" motor, because you're flighttime is also 4,5 minutes on only 14 cells. Maybe you should measure your AMPS sometime?

About the mixing ... it is also possible to only fly the Skyhawk on the ailerons, so you don't use the elevator at all. But i like a jet with all the rudders on it. It's a bit heavier but it looks better.

The wing is almost ready for putting 25grams glass clothing on it. It took me 2,5 hours of cutting, sanding and coughing (or how you say it).

I keep you guys informed ...

Grtz,
Emile
Last edited by Emile; Oct 10, 2003 at 10:09 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 12:35 PM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,403 Posts
Emile,
Your A4 Looks great!
I'm doing mine in the Blue Angel colors. I will paint all the colors as I had stencils made. Have you tried Lipo's on your Pyranha?
Regards,
Bob
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Oct 10, 2003, 01:06 PM
Joined Mar 2003
448 Posts
Hi Bob,

I don't know if you noticed, but it's not ready yet ... the first picture is a picture of Dr. Jet's A4, but this is the Blue Angel paintwork that i'm also going to use. Maybe i will let someone make some stencils for on the bottom. I'm also full painting it, so no Oracover.

Is there someone with good picture's of the Blue Angels Skyhawk paintwork, i only have the following information (besides the jepe stickerset):
http://www.blueangels.org/Aircraft/S...s/Skyhawk.html

JéPé's Blue Angels set:

About the Pyranha, JéPé is the only one who's doing some testings with Lipo's in his Pyranha. He's making stunning "LONG" flights, he almost falls a sleep.
I'm waiting with buying Lipo's a bit longer, maybe end of this year or begin 2004. I'm going to test the Lipo's in my new Pyranha (comming up soon) and my first Sniper (also comming up soon).

It's going to be a wonderfull 2004 season, i feel it.

Grtz,
Emile
Old Oct 10, 2003, 01:53 PM
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,158 Posts
Nice Emile.

Mine has some carbon cloth reinforcments on the intakes and in several places in the fuselage eg both sides of fuse joint area:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=5

It's perhaps becaus JePe knew I would be running 20 cells .
Herb is offline Find More Posts by Herb
Old Oct 10, 2003, 02:34 PM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,403 Posts
A4 Stencils

Quote:
Originally posted by Emile
Hi Bob,

I don't know if you noticed, but it's not ready yet ... the first picture is a picture of Dr. Jet's A4, but this is the Blue Angel paintwork that i'm also going to use. Maybe i will let someone make some stencils for on the bottom. I'm also full painting it, so no Oracover.

Is there someone with good picture's of the Blue Angels Skyhawk paintwork, i only have the following information (besides the jepe stickerset):
http://www.blueangels.org/Aircraft/S...s/Skyhawk.html

JéPé's Blue Angels set:
Emile, I had Kirby's Kustom Graphics cut my stencils and he has the art file.
It cost $37.50usd
Bob
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Oct 10, 2003, 03:40 PM
Joined Mar 2003
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Herb
Mine has some carbon cloth reinforcments on the intakes and in several places in the fuselage eg both sides of fuse joint area:

It's perhaps becaus JePe knew I would be running 20 cells .
Hmmm .... i don't have these carbon reinforcements, but maybe it isn't necessary anymore because we have those "Depron" pieces between the both intakes? I haven't glued them inplace yet. But i will definitely call JéPé about it issue, because now it maybe still possible to do those modifications. My Intake isn't glued yet to the fuselage ...

Thanks for refering to your Thread, a lot of good info!

Also a lot of nice pictures over here:
http://www.skyhawk.org/2D/Blues.htm

@Bob
Do you have any photo's of your Skyhawk with decals?
Bye the way nice stuff around there!
http://www.carden-aircraft.com

Big Bigger Biggest

Grtz,
Emile
Old Oct 10, 2003, 04:34 PM
Joined May 2003
172 Posts
Emile, you only need to glue 2 pieces of the depron for the intakes(I have no idea why he gives so many pieces). If you don't, they do suck in. I originally did mine with carbon fiber tow strips like Bob Violett but it was overkill. The depron works fine. The obechi wood he uses on the wing is very thin and if you use polyester resin it will seep through the wood and eat the foam. Only use epoxy for putting on the fiberglass(water based polys warp the obechi wood) I will fly tomorrow and put ampmeter on engine.
jets is offline Find More Posts by jets
Old Oct 10, 2003, 05:09 PM
Purple power
shadow hills,ca
Joined Apr 2000
6,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jets
Emile, you only need to glue 2 pieces of the depron for the intakes(I have no idea why he gives so many pieces). If you don't, they do suck in.
ours did, but on the outerside of the liners (20 akkus). carbon strips fixed the problem.....gregg
gregg f is offline Find More Posts by gregg f
Last edited by gregg f; Oct 10, 2003 at 05:12 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 08:08 PM
EDF Head
Stavanger, Norway
Joined Feb 2000
7,999 Posts
I have only used the depron infill for duct strengthening and have put as much as 1,2KW through them with no problems.
Haldor is offline Find More Posts by Haldor
Old Oct 11, 2003, 01:52 AM
Joined Mar 2003
448 Posts
@gregg
I believe i have seen you're collapsed intake somewhere on this forum a few days ago, when i was searching topics about the JéPé A4 Skyhawk.

@all
I will post JéPé's comment on this issue later, after i have called him. I can't believe he didn't make his Skyhawk 100% ready for those 20 cells. But if not, he always solves the problem!

Again thanks for your advice guys.

Finally weekend so it's time to FLY!

Enjoy,
Emile