Old Jan 28, 2012, 01:09 AM
KB1WUF
United States, VT, Underhill
Joined Dec 2011
11 Posts
Discussion
Eagletree "OSD not connected" error

hi bill,

it appears that i have a problem very similar to several others i've seen here recently.

have an osdpro, v4 datalogger, gps, and guardian, V10.04 Recorder Application, downloaded and installed tonight, on a win 7 x64 system.

all parts were purchased from Tower Hobbies and delivered on 12-28-11.

using 3s LiPo batteries at about 12V, fully charged. elogger V4 get slightly warm during testing.

1.280 Ghz video system arrived today and was first confirmed fully functional without any ET parts at all.

next, ET parts were added, and confirmed that ET splash screen is added to Vtx signal - at the top of the splash screen, message "menu input (s) not detected" appears.

elogger V4 when plugged into USB flashes 3x, and repeats. elogger V4 firmware updated properly to V1.15.

with elogger software, under hardware/firmware control/, only elogger V4 shows up as available for firmware update.

changed wiring configuration with Guardian connected directly to elogger V4 and osdpro disconnected per advice in similar thread here, but still only shows elogger V4 recognized in Firmware Control screen. guardian yellow LED shows rapid pulse when plugged into bus in elogger v4 directly or into osdpro, or between osdpro and elogger V4.

again under hardware/firmware control/"choose parameters to display on video osd" tries to initialize OSD board and finally fails with message "OSD board is not connected..."

all connectors were mated very carefully, noting polarity. no connections were made or broken with batteries connected.

all ET parts were left bagged until tonight, when video parts arrived. again, once video parts were confirmed functional, ET parts were added and powered, up to seeing splash screen and flashing elogger V4 firmware.

all procedures were followed from current manuals, and expected communication for video osd configuration, using current software and firmware, with other peripherals including osdpro and guardian was not accomplished.

what am i missing? please advise on proper course of action.

thanks,
bryan
phaedrus is offline Find More Posts by phaedrus
Last edited by phaedrus; Jan 28, 2012 at 01:27 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2012, 09:54 PM
KB1WUF
United States, VT, Underhill
Joined Dec 2011
11 Posts
ET has provided an RMA. Will update status here with further info when available.
phaedrus is offline Find More Posts by phaedrus
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:56 AM
Joined Mar 2012
20 Posts
Hi,

I have the same problem, help please
Paul C. is offline Find More Posts by Paul C.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 01:34 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Paul, sorry to hear about the issue. Can you let me know whether you are using the Guardian? If so, can you connect only the Guardian to the eLogger (not the OSD) and see if the Guardian shows up as present when you click "Hardware, Firmware Control"?
billpa is online now Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:23 AM
Joined Apr 2012
11 Posts
Hola amigos como les va
Les cuento que tengo el mismo problema no aparece como conectado mi OSD PRO no se que más hacer probé de todo.
Alguien me puede ayudar por favor?
Muchas gracias

Saludos Gabriel
gcambeiro is offline Find More Posts by gcambeiro
Old Aug 09, 2012, 12:25 PM
Brazil, PR, Curitiba
Joined Jul 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Paul, sorry to hear about the issue. Can you let me know whether you are using the Guardian? If so, can you connect only the Guardian to the eLogger (not the OSD) and see if the Guardian shows up as present when you click "Hardware, Firmware Control"?
I have the same problem and i have connected the gaurdian direct to the elogger v4 and i was unable to se the option to do the update firmware, the osd pro do not aprears to to do the update firmware, its strange because it was working before i ahve the last version of firmware, when i connect all wires ( videos) it dont appear the on screen ( speed, alt, gps) only the image, but i can use the stick to enter in the configuration menu, but no screen parameters shows.
This video below show my problem, its not my video but the problem is the same, but all my connections is right.
OSD Pro not detected (1 min 57 sec)
HenriqueFontana is offline Find More Posts by HenriqueFontana
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:11 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Henrique,

When you click "Hardware, Firmware Control" in the PC software, can you confirm that the OSD Pro and the Guardian expander are listed as "not connected"?

if so, can you check the connection between your Guardain/OSD Pro and eLogger? Please make sure that the connection is made to the correct port (LCD/OSD lower port) and that the red wire is facing out.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:58 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Apr 2007
430 Posts
add another

brand new purchase, plugged OSD in carefully, "no osd detected"

video has overlay of initial screen, one thing i noticed is it say "firmware version" then nothing, blank.

after a few seconds, "no input detected" which is correct, I do not plan on using radio menus.
spiked3 is offline Find More Posts by spiked3
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
HI spiked,

sorry to hear about this issue.

When you click "Hardware, Firmware Control" in the PC software, with the eLogger and OSD Pro connected, can you confirm that the OSD Pro is listed as "not connected"?
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:10 PM
Joined Apr 2007
430 Posts
Quote:
HI spiked,

sorry to hear about this issue.

When you click "Hardware, Firmware Control" in the PC software, with the eLogger and OSD Pro connected, can you confirm that the OSD Pro is listed as "not connected"?
Yes I can confirm that ONLY the logger 'update' button is present. I spent a lot of time yesterday hooking up rx channels, and it appears the menus function properly, but with the menu off, I never see any OSD data on the video - perhaps because the GPS is never able to communicate? Anyhow I opened a ticket, no response yet. #766477
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
HI spiked, thanks for opening the ticket, and I see it has been answered. Sorry again for the trouble!
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:08 PM
Joined Apr 2007
430 Posts
Quote:
HI spiked, thanks for opening the ticket, and I see it has been answered. Sorry again for the trouble!
No problem bill, things seem a little slow there, I guess you guys are swamped, so I sent it back to the people I bought it from, hoping they will be a little quicker. Too bad your repair offices aren't near the business offices, I drive by there every time I go flying.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:39 PM
RC Tiggah
Russian Federation, MO, Zhukovsky
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Hi there, Bill,

any updates on the subject?

It seems I have exactly the same problem as described above. Nothing except eLogger in FW menu, Guardian LED is blinking. eLogger could be reflashed, but the problem stays the same.
jolbars is offline Find More Posts by jolbars
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi jolbars,

Sorry to hear about this! To confirm, is the following true?
1) eLogger + Guardian (without OSD) shows the Guardian connected in the Firmware Control page
2) eLogger + OSD (without Guardian) causes problems? If so, can you let me know what problem is occurring (PC software hang, OSD not showing up in Firmware Control, or other?)
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:00 AM
RC Tiggah
Russian Federation, MO, Zhukovsky
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
1) eLogger + Guardian (without OSD) shows the Guardian connected in the Firmware Control page
No, nothing is shows on Firmware control except eLogger itself. eLogger could be re-flashes without any problem, data could be downloaded from it. Lights on sensors flashes (GPS - slow flashes, Guardian - fast flashes, airspeed - numbers).

Nothing changes if I connect only Guardian or only OSD to "OSD/LCD" pins.

Quote:
2) eLogger + OSD (without Guardian) causes problems?
See above, it seems eLogger loosed connectivity to other sensors somehow after reflash to latest beta. I even cut out termoshrink from it to check for mechanical integrity of circuits near pinouts thinking it could be loose soldering, everything is top notch.

Quote:
If so, can you let me know what problem is occurring (PC software hang, OSD not showing up in Firmware Control, or other?)
Other that what's mentioned above, nothing. The problem begins after reflashing to the latest beta (1.21 eLogger, 10.43 Data Recorder SW), I did it when I decided to redistribute sensors differently between planes. I have 2 planes with Eagle Tree main components (eLogger, OSD, Guardian) but only one of each airspeed and barometric sensors. The older one I speak of was flashed on a different computer and copy of Data Recorder software, so I decided to reflash it to be sure everything is under the same version. The only error in the flashing process I could remember of is some strange message saying something about custom logging triggers being overwritten or something (I had custom logging trigger on GPS fix to prevent garbage flight logs on indoor power-ups during model tune-up and checks). Never saw that one before.

Oh yeah, my 2nd eLogger (newer one) could see both sets of OSD/Guardian just fine. Same v4 version according to label, 1.21 firmware, just different connectors.
jolbars is offline Find More Posts by jolbars