HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:18 AM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,067 Posts
So is there any update on this? The current For Sale thread does not work. Jaskel's link above seems to have gone nowhere...
subsonic is offline Find More Posts by subsonic
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:31 AM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
Nahh it goes to the Site Suggestions area where he did up another spiel about it but in his haste regarding how he's been treated, he removed it but that's the area where the suggestion should be. Trouble is though, in that section no-one else can put in their two bob so here still seems the places to get some numbers
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:12 AM
WHAT U LOOKIN AT!
Penrith, NSW, Australia
Joined Dec 2005
2,656 Posts
nah it wasnt suggested by admin so it will never happen. the ol hitler regime
jaskel is offline Find More Posts by jaskel
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:58 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,067 Posts
I don't understand why it's so hard to add a sub forum to the Aussie one. What am I missing? It's not like our message wasn't clear enough?

Rcg used to be on the cutting edge, but I haven't seen anything change around here for years. Oh wait, they changed the font a few months back ;-)
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:20 PM
disenfranchised...
Joined May 2010
1,393 Posts
Sub - Ive asked and they said they'd look into it.. Not sure whats going on and I wouldnt be holding your breath.

I personally use RcTrader for everything now.
AP_OZ is offline Find More Posts by AP_OZ
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:30 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,067 Posts
RC trader was OK till it sold out, - and got to be the ugliest we page on the internet all in the same day.

Don't the owners of RCG realise what a valuable addition it would be, and for what cost? Nothing?

Michael.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:33 PM
Jets Suck (and blow)
Australia, QLD, Deception Bay
Joined Jan 2008
1,824 Posts
Ew that sounds like a great idea, you can just delete corrupted threads then
Peril is offline Find More Posts by Peril
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:34 PM
disenfranchised...
Joined May 2010
1,393 Posts
i dont think they care about the Australian forum.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:37 PM
disenfranchised...
Joined May 2010
1,393 Posts
..... for instance - this thread was created was January 28...its now March 26. For something that would take 5 mins to do we havent even had a administrator offer a comment on this thread..
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:41 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peril View Post
Ew that sounds like a great idea, you can just delete corrupted threads then
That's not the point. If we had a separate forum, as a user you could follow those threads only on items that are of interest to you. If you see an item and donít' want to follow the line of questions etc, it won't pop up in your list of subscribed threads. As it is now, users see that there's a new post in the for sale thread, and assuming it's something for sale go and check. It becomes annoying when the new message is not relevant.

Michael.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:47 PM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
Yep I don't get it either subsonic, it seems like such an easy thing to do and would benefit the Aussie section like nothing else and yet RCG won't do anything.

They may say they're planning things but wouldn't it be so nice to know exactly what ?? Just thinking out loud.

Currently it just looks like they're just saying something to try stop us from complaining, not saying that's what IS happening. it's just what it looks like.

It's not going to be long until most people leave the Aussie section for other sites as I'm sure there are many more who don't saying anything that are fed up also.
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Old Mar 26, 2012, 06:27 AM
I was 1eyed But I fixed that
Central Coast NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2007
1,615 Posts
Just read all this. Your comment makes sense to me now Meebo.

I had my say about that thread and the final comment of John's about summed it up for me.

I got a point out of it LOL. Never had any points on the board before.

Having said that I stand by what I retracted but so many have copied it I don't know why I bothered.
I got so many suggestions to have a go in a pm. I hope they got a point or two for their trouble.
They just don't get it at all.

I listed a few things on the thread and then attached the link to an email to all my contacts. The stuff got snapped up by my own contacts.

I have been a modeller for 45years and don't need their rubbish and I certainly wouldn't pm the individuals. I don't know what they get out of all their rubbish.
HUMPHREY1957 is offline Find More Posts by HUMPHREY1957