HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:02 AM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,099 Posts
I think I may paint the hull roof and stack the same color as my bass boat hull, what do you think?
catchthis is offline Find More Posts by catchthis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:18 AM
no such thing as to many boats
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2010
1,913 Posts
Kyle your boat is looking good you do very nice work
louie R/C NUT is offline Find More Posts by louie R/C NUT
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:09 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,099 Posts
Thank you, I NEVER cut corners because I know it will come back to haunt me in the future. Also I am a bit ocd when it comes to getting a smooth hull or getting fittings etc just right, sometimes I'm scared to hide the beautiful paint so I keep detailing to a minimum!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:22 AM
Joined Nov 2010
205 Posts
Hello Bluezephyr. Can you tell me where your tugs skipper is from, I need a captain. I'm nearly finished building both the Harbor and Tour Master from a set of plans I bought on E-bay. Thanks. Cpl.fuzz
CPL.FUZZ is offline Find More Posts by CPL.FUZZ
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:25 AM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPL.FUZZ View Post
Hello Bluezephyr. Can you tell me where your tugs skipper is from, I need a captain. I'm nearly finished building both the Harbor and Tour Master from a set of plans I bought on E-bay. Thanks. Cpl.fuzz
Post some pics of your builds on my thread, I am going to be building the harbor master soon!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:03 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
Looking back through this thread and other builds featuring the now-discontinued Midwest line makes me wonder how they came across the decision to cut production.

They must have fallen on their heads pretty hard---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:51 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,099 Posts
YUP, Thats for sure. I own most of the midwest wood kits, I need the fireboat (top of the list) and the 22' lobster boat and fantail launch. I have the 30" lobster boat, trawler, dragger, bass boat, harbor tug, harbor master, and tour master.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:49 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
1,272 Posts
They have the Fantail Launch and the Heritage engine boiler listed as instock again on there site.
Regards,
Gerald.
steamboatmodel is offline Find More Posts by steamboatmodel
Old Jul 26, 2012, 06:18 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,099 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, That build is low priority for me at the moment, first priority is the fire boat, then build ALL of my kits/ plans I designed from scratch, then lobster and maybe fantail. I have 9 kits I need to build before anything!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 08:09 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by der kapitan View Post
Looking back through this thread and other builds featuring the now-discontinued Midwest line makes me wonder how they came across the decision to cut production.

They must have fallen on their heads pretty hard---.
Beancounters, pure and simple.
420TEE is offline Find More Posts by 420TEE
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:14 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,099 Posts
got some work done on the boat, life raft shaped and epoxy coated along with the wood trim and cabin door, the cabin roof is slightly warped but I have an Idea for it when I mount it to the cabin. The forward roof has been painted and put in place. I am going to be putting on the acetate windows soon, then back to sanding and painting the hull.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Nov 2010
205 Posts
tour & harbor master

I bought a set of plans off E-bay of the Tour Master that included paper out lines of the keel, ribs and all sub parts, the guy traced every part, from this I have been able to make both the tug and tour boat by changing the pattern for the deck house for the tug. I also reshaped the stern to curve inward on the tug. Just painted a black line on the waterline of the tug this morning. I did change some of the wood that would have been in the kit, too thin. Made deck fittings from Evergreen Plastic tubing and strips. Planked the decks, sides of wheel houses and deckhouses, installed Stevens nav and running lights, 3.5 v. Made the rudders, prop tubes and shafts for both. Time to put everything inside. Cpl.fuzz
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:37 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPL.FUZZ View Post
I bought a set of plans off E-bay of the Tour Master that included paper out lines of the keel, ribs and all sub parts, the guy traced every part, from this I have been able to make both the tug and tour boat by changing the pattern for the deck house for the tug. I also reshaped the stern to curve inward on the tug. Just painted a black line on the waterline of the tug this morning. I did change some of the wood that would have been in the kit, too thin. Made deck fittings from Evergreen Plastic tubing and strips. Planked the decks, sides of wheel houses and deckhouses, installed Stevens nav and running lights, 3.5 v. Made the rudders, prop tubes and shafts for both. Time to put everything inside. Cpl.fuzz
And take (and post) PICTURES!!!!!

Pete G.
P_J_Glor is online now Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:40 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Glor View Post
And take (and post) PICTURES!!!!!

Pete G.
I agree!
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined Nov 2010
205 Posts
Hello Midwest fans. You asked for pictures, I took a couple today. One each for now. As I posted I bought the plans off E-bay and modified the plans to build both the Tour Master and the Harbor Master at the same time. They are realy to be christened this weekend. Thanks. Cpl.fuzz