SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 27, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined Aug 2011
751 Posts
Joke
Do you know how fast you were going?

Story about some traffic cops vs Tornado fighter.

Too funny not to share !

http://www.stupidvideos.com/pictures..._Field/#388308
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Jan 27, 2012, 06:00 PM
Helicopter Pilot
Junction City, KS
Joined Sep 2004
682 Posts
Cool if it only had a sliver of truth to it. It is impossible for that to happen. But thanks for making me look it up in Snopes, lots of entertaining stuff in there.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/radar.asp
Rafael23cc is offline Find More Posts by Rafael23cc
Old Jan 29, 2012, 08:37 AM
Joined Aug 2011
751 Posts
I figured it was not true.. if jamming police radar was possible it would be for sale in the magazines
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Feb 02, 2012, 04:26 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
10,063 Posts
Apart from the fact that, to the best of my knowledge, there are no Dutch tornados.
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away
Old Feb 03, 2012, 12:44 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,287 Posts
June 8, 1997
The south of the Netherlands was hit by small but severe thunderstorm that produced several small tornadoes. One tornado struck Phillip Morris factory in Bergen op Zoom. Twenty people were injured by flying debris, three of which were hospitalized. After hitting the factory it vanished, reappearing above a market place, causing a lot of damage but no injuries. The tornado left Bergen op Zoom and continued its path to Rotterdam. There it hit the Zestienhoven airport, destroying four privately owned planes, some of which were blown away or over.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Feb 03, 2012, 07:00 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
10,063 Posts
Let me re-phrase:
"to the best of my knowledge, there are no Dutch twin-engine, variable-sweep wing combat aircraft, which was jointly developed and manufactured by the United Kingdom, West Germany and Italy, commonly known as the tornado"
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away
Old Feb 03, 2012, 07:04 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Mar 2009
1,439 Posts
Heard the same story happening in New South Wales with RAAF Tornados. Too many inconsistencies to be true.
MerlinV is offline Find More Posts by MerlinV
Old Feb 03, 2012, 07:31 AM
Bonnie Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up&Away View Post
Let me re-phrase:
"to the best of my knowledge, there are no Dutch twin-engine, variable-sweep wing combat aircraft, which was jointly developed and manufactured by the United Kingdom, West Germany and Italy, commonly known as the tornado"
I wasn't going to bother replying but as you have re-phrased in response to someone else, I suggest you read the original article again. It is stated that the pilot was Dutch and NOT the aircraft. Both the Netherlands and the UK are part of NATO and have pilot exchanges.
And before anyone else mentions it, the RAAF DO NOT HAVE Tornado aircraft either.
It's all academic anyway because the original story was fictitious.
I am beginning to bore myself now.
electrotor is offline Find More Posts by electrotor
Old Feb 06, 2012, 12:30 AM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
315 Posts
Remember Fuzzbuster radar detectors? At one time they had a contract with the Airforce to make modified units to likely use as threat warning recevers, but they didn't wanna say much about it, I heard.
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932
Old Feb 07, 2012, 12:17 AM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorModem View Post
I figured it was not true.. if jamming police radar was possible it would be for sale in the magazines
They're "unlegal" but possible.
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932