HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:03 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2011
213 Posts
Discussion
HobbyPartz.com - The second worst Customer Service on the Planet

Below is my chat record. In short, I ordered a 3S 5000Mah LiPo and received a 5S 5000Mah Battery. They want me to pay return shipping and send my battery back in before they ship me the one I actually ordered. I paid for priority mail so I could have it for a weekend flying get together, and now I have to lay out cash for shipping and wait another 1-2 weeks for these people to come through. I think I am just going to dispute the charges on my credit card. When a company sends you the wrong item, they should be paying for return shipping and they should immediately ship out the proper one.

info: You are now chatting with 'Richard'
Richard: Hi, how can I help you?
Anthony: Hey Richard, you guys just shipped me out one of these: http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl5000-5s1p-40c-5555.html
Anthony: and I ordered one of these: http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl5000-3s1p-40c-3333.html
Richard: Let me check for you
Richard: You got a 5 cell instead of a 3 cell?
Anthony: Yes.
Anthony: big price difference on your end too!
Richard: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Anthony: sure take your time
Richard: Could you actually send a picture of the battery you received as well as a picture of the shipping label?
Richard: r@$$r#$#$@gmail.com
Anthony: sure, gimme 2 mins
Richard: No problem. Let me know when you send it.
Anthony: just sent it out from anthony@#%@$%#.com
Richard: Alright give me a second.
Richard: Okay, I'll have an RMA email sent out to you. Go down to your post office and use the FLAT RATE SHIPPING which costs 4.95.
Richard: We'll refund you the 4.95 when we get the battery back.
Anthony: Parcel post, with no tracking?
Anthony: And whatabout the pack I was supposed to receive?
Richard: When we get the battery back, we'll ship you out the correct ones.
Anthony: Not good. I need the pack by this weekend, thats why I ordered via priority mail.
Anthony: You guys messed up the order, and now you want me to lay out cash, wait extra time, and then get what I actually ordered. All after being honest about receiving a $63 pack in place of a $38 one?
Anthony: The way it should work is like this. You send me out a prepaid shipping label, with the pack I ordered, I then place your pack in the package that the new one came in and mail it back to you. That's how professional companies handle it when they make a mistake.
Richard: We'll refund you for the return shipping cost.
Anthony: You already said that.
Anthony: I would like the pack I ordered before the weekend.
Richard: Theres no way we can get it to you before this weekend.
Anthony: Yes, there is. You can send it via priority mail the way you sent this package.
Anthony: There is a way.
Richard: We would need the battery back before we send out your battery.
Anthony: I would need the pack I ordered before I send this one back. Its my ordering policy.
Richard: We can't ship anything out until we get the battery back.
Anthony: Wow, so not only do you want to inconvenience me by sending out the wrong item, but you want me to lay out cash, waste my time going to a post office in NYC, and screw up my weekend plans due to your company's error. And I have to wait what 1-2 weeks to get what I already paid for and ordered???
Anthony: I will call and email your customer services. You guys are about to get blasted on RC Groups as well as Facebook.
Anthony: POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Richard: I do apologize you feel that way.
Richard: Anything else I can help you with today?
Anthony: http://www.rcgroups.com/vendor-talk-21/ -----------That's where you can look for your negative review.
Anthony: You haven't helped me with anything, you've just wasted more of my time.
YouMadeMeDoIt is offline Find More Posts by YouMadeMeDoIt
Last edited by YouMadeMeDoIt; Jan 27, 2012 at 11:17 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2012, 08:13 AM
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Jan 2006
1,103 Posts
I'd say you made out well! I wouldn't complain about it even though it may have messed up your weekend flying. You can always offer up that battery for sale here and come out ahead.
Even though I have issues with them advertising hardware for sale that they cannot, or will not restock, they have resolved discrepancies between us.

gofish
gofish is offline Find More Posts by gofish
Old Jan 28, 2012, 08:15 AM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
If you knew the flat rate was really priority Mail would it have made any difference?

It seems that the two parties will not agree , ever.

Too bad I don't have a 3s. I'd make you an even swap ,lol.

They messed up , their mistake.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Feb 03, 2012, 01:58 PM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
NW Indiana
Joined Mar 2008
502 Posts
They also messed me up recently...they sent out 4S packs when I ordered 3S packs. I'm thinking it will be a waste of time to try to get it straightened out. Probably, not going to buy from them again.
whitehawk is offline Find More Posts by whitehawk
Old Feb 03, 2012, 02:41 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2011
213 Posts
They refused to send me a prepaid shipping label, so since they did not send me what I ordered and will not pay for it to be shipped back up front -- I just disputed the charges on my Credit Card.
YouMadeMeDoIt is offline Find More Posts by YouMadeMeDoIt