HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 16, 2012, 07:25 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,223 Posts
@SeniorSpan

Hi Bob! With an AR8000 receiver you would select "traditional" and wire your receiver to the Naza the way it shows for the "JR". I would suggest you use "intelligent" for your cutoff. You can use any of the CSC's to arm the motors. That choice is up to you. They all work. Your connections from the VU to the Naza are correct. We were all where you are at some point.

Ed
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:18 AM
United States, MI, Jenison
Joined Jun 2008
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
I have now balanced and installed the Graupner 10x5 e-props. They do work quite well, I must say. I still think the GWS 9x5x3s, when you get straight ones (), are probably just a little smoother, but these are a ton smoother than the stock props, and they are pretty closely balanced, out-of-the-box.

http://youtu.be/9wKIBSMqyw8

As Andrey says, I should have these up on my new website by the end of the week. Shipping won't happen until next week, however, as I'm waiting on a servo shipment, which won't be in until then.

-- Gary
What flight times are you pulling with that rig Gary?
nicnaimless is offline Find More Posts by nicnaimless
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:41 AM
Colorado
Joined Nov 2004
268 Posts
Tahoe Ed,

Thanks very much for the clarification. I guess I'm to the point of applying power; moment of truth so to say.

Just a curiosity question, would the NAZA controller work correctly with the AR6200?

Again, I appreciate your reply.

Cheers

Bob
SeniorSpan is offline Find More Posts by SeniorSpan
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:46 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorSpan View Post
Tahoe Ed,

Thanks very much for the clarification. I guess I'm to the point of applying power; moment of truth so to say.

Just a curiosity question, would the NAZA controller work correctly with the AR6200?

Again, I appreciate your reply.

Cheers

Bob
It will but you will not be able to control the gimbal pitch or remotely control the gains. You will be able to control the mode. I have used an AR6100 and AR6115.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:48 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
7,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicnaimless View Post
What flight times are you pulling with that rig Gary?
With two 4s-3300 packs, I used 3750 mAh (57%...) for a 7 minute flight. Without doing the math, I'm guessing 11-12 minutes total will be close.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:52 AM
Waukesha, WI
Joined Dec 2002
560 Posts
Wow. 11-12 minutes is nice, although at 10 minutes I am mentally ready to land and strategize for the next sortie
R Hudson is offline Find More Posts by R Hudson
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:57 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,223 Posts
With 2 4S 4000mAh on my MK, I am getting 12-15min. I am still working on the same set up on my DJI hexa to test.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:00 AM
Colorado
Joined Nov 2004
268 Posts
Tahoe Ed,

Thanks, I guess that makes the AR8000 the main player. Just need build some air time and proficiency, then it's GoPro camera and gimbal hunt'in.
SeniorSpan is offline Find More Posts by SeniorSpan
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:56 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,084 Posts
I've updated the product roadmap on my blog. The whole F550 modular system will be pretty extensive with lot of option. Pan unit design is complete and ready to cut/ship to tester. which should happen by monday.

I am expecting a hex kit from DJI-USA, which will also help me with testing.

Gary should have his website up this weekend, and I am sure, it will take a few weeks to get the full product roadmap produced and being available. Currently, I am at a bit of mercy on some parts that have long leadtime, which I will try to mitigate in the future by keeping large enough supply. These are all bit of growing pain issues, and we will do our best to minimize it.

thanks.

andrey
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined May 2005
1,165 Posts
I got some questions..

I have the DJI quad frame (And it`s by now the BEST frame I have used) !
Also I use DJI wkm controller.

I use my NEX5N to record movie, and a nikon d200 to shoot photos.
But wonder if this DJI HEX frame will be to weak to carry 2-3kg load (peak maybe 3-4kg in short flights) ??

And will it be able to use 11" props?

Last question, I dont know what gimbal I should buy for my NEX5, but is DJI releasing a new gimbal soon, that I should hold my money for some more weeks until that is ready for shipping?

advice would be great
liteglow is offline Find More Posts by liteglow
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:38 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
7,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
I've updated the product roadmap on my blog. The whole F550 modular system will be pretty extensive with lot of option. Pan unit design is complete and ready to cut/ship to tester. which should happen by monday.

I am expecting a hex kit from DJI-USA, which will also help me with testing.

Gary should have his website up this weekend, and I am sure, it will take a few weeks to get the full product roadmap produced and being available. Currently, I am at a bit of mercy on some parts that have long leadtime, which I will try to mitigate in the future by keeping large enough supply. These are all bit of growing pain issues, and we will do our best to minimize it.

thanks.

andrey
Yes, I should have the site up this weekend. Shipping will begin as soon as my big servo order comes in, which should be sometime this coming week.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Feb 17, 2012, 02:49 PM
Waukesha, WI
Joined Dec 2002
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
I got some questions..

But wonder if this DJI HEX frame will be to weak to carry 2-3kg load (peak maybe 3-4kg in short flights) ??

Last question, I dont know what gimbal I should buy for my NEX5, but is DJI releasing a new gimbal soon, that I should hold my money for some more weeks until that is ready for shipping?

advice would be great
Why wouldn't you use the Nex5 for stills as well? The D200 is a real brick, especially once you add glass. I wouldn't feel very comfortable lifting that kind of weight unless I had a very large overpowered hex or perhaps an octo.

The Nex5 with glass is going to be a fraction of the weight of the D200 alone and will handle both video and stills well.

Also, you would need a very heavy duty gimbal to handle the weight of the D200 as well. I have the D300 and I would love to fly it but not with anything less than a 700 sized machine.
R Hudson is offline Find More Posts by R Hudson
Old Feb 17, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined May 2005
1,165 Posts
I got the D200 from old days, and the picture quality is better than the NEX..
So i thought why not use it.
D200 also have auto shoot, so it can take a photo every 3sec.

My NEX5n is new, so I dont have any remote etc.. so I can only take 1 picture and then fly down again to take one more .
I guess I will build a servo remote, but I doubt the final quality from nex can compare to D200.

Yes the D200 weight 1600gr, so it`s heavy as H...
But I fly 5-7minutes with my hex and the D200, that give me all the time I need to do some photos and land again.
I dont use gimbal when doing photos.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 03:50 PM
ITALY
Joined Aug 2006
415 Posts
Do you use a landing gear?? which one??

and which gimbal when you use the nikon d200??
which motors??

could you show us a picture??

Quote:
Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
I got some questions..

advice would be great
brifa is offline Find More Posts by brifa
Old Feb 17, 2012, 04:59 PM
Joined May 2005
1,165 Posts
As I did mention before, I dont use gimbal when taking photos.

Here is an picture of my HEX:

DJI HEX frame is in the mail now
So will replace the jakub frame, the thin alu is to weak for this size.

Motors I did use was RC-timers, but to much vibration so I have replaced them with iPower motors.

here is the list of motors I have tested

The biggest one was to heavay 170gr (but I lifted more 10kg on 3s lipop on a octo) , iPower is perfect 116gr, RC-timer was no problem to lift 3.5kg, but they had to much vibration , 55gr each motor.

This motors is perfect for the HEX:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWb6o...3&feature=plcp

And the smallest one is for my GoPro quad.
Closed Thread