Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Sep 12, 2013, 03:17 AM
Joined Feb 2013
239 Posts
Ok thanks so you do see arms when flying aggressively. What landing gear did you have the gimbal mounted on? Anyone devised a way around this?
Tikigod19 is offline Find More Posts by Tikigod19
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2013, 04:10 AM
Joined Mar 2012
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikigod19 View Post
Ok thanks so you do see arms when flying aggressively. What landing gear did you have the gimbal mounted on? Anyone devised a way around this?
Yup, even when the camera was pointed just above the horizon the first time they showed. I don't think there is any way around that with any lens, unless you hang the cam ridiculously far below the copter...

I was using the TPpacks 550 landing gear, but it looks like they stopped selling it.
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Sep 12, 2013, 05:29 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,536 Posts
Putting the gimbal forward is the way around this.
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
Old Sep 12, 2013, 05:30 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,536 Posts
And 18mm helps
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:08 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,083 Posts
only issue with the 16mm is access to the hdmi cable. this is because it balanced close to the side tilt arms so there is lack of clearance for it. with bigger lens, the camera body moves back enough so there is plenty of clearance for hdmi cable. frankly, I also find 16mm to be soft and less than great lens.

if you are planning on flying aggressive, we highly recommend rigid coaxial frame like Y6 frame. and as rigid as possible. why we are going to CF frames/tubes. carbon or wood props, etc. Cedric's (c3d76) point about y6 is valid. Why our large new quad is basically a rectangle rather than a square and with raised arm to further give lens clearance. and of course, nosemount.
askman is online now Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:25 AM
Joined Feb 2013
239 Posts
Things might be put on hold somewhat as I have just lost my f550 and gopro black after losing LOSmen need not coming back, it's in thick forest.

Edit - some kids found it and returned it!! God bless them.. Although the gopro is gone.. Makes me need to get this gimbal/lens choice thing sorted! (and never lose los again..)
Tikigod19 is offline Find More Posts by Tikigod19
Last edited by Tikigod19; Sep 12, 2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 05:45 PM
Joined Oct 2012
235 Posts
Quote:
Interesting.. Is that something that's applied in camera or afterwards? My issue is vignetting in easy to remove in photos afterwards but not video so will this profile remove it as it records (and apply to video also in that case)?

Do you use it on an f550? I'm interested if 16mm is so wide that you see the arms and props when flying aggressively..
It is applied in camera so it affects video also.
RCmit is offline Find More Posts by RCmit
Old Sep 12, 2013, 07:11 PM
Joined Mar 2012
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCmit View Post
It is applied in camera so it affects video also.
Hey Jeremy, I know your ESC's get quite hot but how about your motors with the t-motor props?
I had to switch back to the 11' Graupners because the 11' T-motors got the Avrotos way too hot for my liking. But then my Lobster weighs over 10lbs...

Quote:
Edit - some kids found it and returned it!! God bless them.. Although the gopro is gone.. Makes me need to get this gimbal/lens choice thing sorted! (and never lose los again..)
Lucky!
Old Sep 12, 2013, 07:48 PM
Joined Oct 2012
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
Hey Jeremy, I know your ESC's get quite hot but how about your motors with the t-motor props?
I had to switch back to the 11' Graupners because the 11' T-motors got the Avrotos way too hot for my liking. But then my Lobster weighs over 10lbs...

Lucky!
That's odd; I have not noticed increased motor temps with the T-Motor props. I do not know how much my Lobster weighs but I am guessing that I am quite a bit lighter than you. I am running the AG500DD and Sony NEX5n; your AG1K and Panasonic cam has to weigh more...
Old Sep 12, 2013, 07:59 PM
Joined Oct 2012
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike SF View Post
Yesterday, I tested the AG500DD in the air for the first time and it was much better than expected. I was afraid to see all kinds of things like jello, vibrations and so on, but it was pretty good. I used 4 different profiles with different power settings and found the one with medium power seems to work best. I will further tune it and then post a video next week. But I need to install my FPG gear first to fly more around and see how it works.

I'm using a RX100 with a protective UV lens and a FPV camera with a ferrite ring on the gimbal yoke. Weight is around 310 grams, so kind of between a standard RX100 and a NEX-5. To balance the camera for the tilt axis, I made some small modifications. It's now balanced perfectly in all angles.

* Replaced the standard 3/4" standoffs with 5/8" standoffs and put the camera on small 3mm balsa wood blocks. This is probably the same as using 1/2" standoffs, but I already had the 5/8" length on hand.

* Swapped the two small blocks on the axis up side down to save another 1mm height.

* Used the front holes of the tray board to attach the standoffs.

I also added a weight to my lens cap, so now when the camera is switched off, with the lens cap on, it's still balanced.

The case for the BGC board is a 3D print from shapeways. Fits perfectly. Already ordered the case for the 3-axis extension board.
Why a separate FPV camera, why not just go off the video feed from the RX100?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 09:09 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
Have any of you upgraded to Naza 4.0? I'm still on 2.02 with no big issues thus far. I've read a lot about flyaways with some of the upgrades. I guess there is really no reason to upgrade something that is working right. Anyone else on 2.02? Using on my Shrimp.
jeff2215 is offline Find More Posts by jeff2215
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:11 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
Any one have an extra Sunny Sky 2216-12 motor mount like the attached pic they could spare. Tried taking the prop off my shrimp tonight and the thread shaft on the mount broke. Thanks.
jeff2215 is offline Find More Posts by jeff2215
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:47 PM
Joined Mar 2012
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCmit View Post
That's odd; I have not noticed increased motor temps with the T-Motor props. I do not know how much my Lobster weighs but I am guessing that I am quite a bit lighter than you. I am running the AG500DD and Sony NEX5n; your AG1K and Panasonic cam has to weigh more...
Probably because you switched from APC's... But thanks for the reply (:
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:50 PM
Joined Mar 2012
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2215 View Post
Any one have an extra Sunny Sky 2216-12 motor mount like the attached pic they could spare. Tried taking the prop off my shrimp tonight and the thread shaft on the mount broke. Thanks.
This should work:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/propeller...es-motors.html

Edit: correction, might work

Edit 2: Nevermind, I have x22... and 2216's, the adapter is a lot shallower on the x22's (see pic)
You might have to just get a spare motor....
Last edited by c3d76; Sep 13, 2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 06:48 AM
NJ
Joined Nov 2004
42 Posts
Jeff,
I have a spare...PM me your address and I'll mail one out to you...

Peace
Anthony
Art-Tistic is offline Find More Posts by Art-Tistic
Closed Thread