SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jul 11, 2013, 10:48 PM
Joined Aug 2012
54 Posts
Gary I know I am a pain but I needed your Lobster and AG1kDD gimbal yesterday or even better last week. As soon as that one is flying and tuned I will order another complete set up for the same set up. I have a contract to sign for doing commercials and have to have 2 of the best set ups. What does the ship time look like for the frame and gimbal
Thank you,
Stevie D.
Stevie D is offline Find More Posts by Stevie D
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:32 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
ben just sent me this one enjoy lobster v1 and ag500DD.

St Marks Lighthouse Flyover (1 min 46 sec)
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:03 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie D View Post
Gary I know I am a pain but I needed your Lobster and AG1kDD gimbal yesterday or even better last week. As soon as that one is flying and tuned I will order another complete set up for the same set up. I have a contract to sign for doing commercials and have to have 2 of the best set ups. What does the ship time look like for the frame and gimbal
Thank you,
Stevie D.
Sorry for the delay, but we are still sorting out what the most effective isolation scheme needs to be for these larger setups. We found that the original v2 Lobster setup flexes too much for a "typical" AG1kDD setup, causing a lot of shakes/bounces. We are testing fixes, which involve switching most parts to CF, but we are also working on a "nextgen" platform concept which is modular and CF tube/CF plate-based. There will be Y6, hex and big quad versions of these, and a front-mounted gimbal on one low-profile version with 30-degree/45-degree arms. Part of this effort includes sorting optimum AG1kDD isolation configurations for each variant.

I'm sorry, but I don't have a release date yet, because I'm just not going to get something out there that doesn't work as flawlessly as possible, in the worst conditions, which is usually strong gusty winds and/or fast forward flight. I don't believe in using paying customers as beta testers either. We have a pretty good group of testers, but we don't make them buy the equipment first. Anyway, we will release the AG1kDD and the platforms when I am satisfied with the performance, and so far we aren't there yet.

While that effort is going on, I've gone back to my v1 Lobster, and have it setup with the AG500DD-3X and my NEX-5R and the 24mm CZ lens. I will test fly that setup today sometime.

In a parallel effort, motor testing continues on our Aegis handheld gimbal. Previously, I have tested using a 4114 in both tilt and roll, and while it does fine in the tilt axis, it didn't really have enough torque when I tried one in the roll axis. The best combo was with a 5208 for both roll and pan. I then received the latest custom 2200 series motors from Steve Neu. The first one I tried was a 2202 in the roll axis. This is the configuration I used in the quick test video below. The bottom line is this 2202 has roughly twice the holding power of the 5208.

Aegis 16 3 Axis Gimbal Test 03 (5 min 49 sec)

The slightly larger 2205 (see attached for a size comparison with a 5208...) has even more torque so we immediately made the decision to up the size of the basic Aegis gimbal, to be full DSLR-capable. I'm putting together the first of these larger gimbals right now. It will use a 2202 for tilt and 2205s for roll and pan. I plan on testing it with my Sony a99 with a 24mm CZ lens and a Ninja2 lossless HDMI recorder/monitor.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Jul 12, 2013, 02:18 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
on v2 lobster, we lost fair amount of rigidity due to ecb and cutout on the bottom plate. This became an issue when we loaded down with 3axis ag1k and GH3. it was ok with lighter load. part of the issue probably has to do with IMS, so we need to solve both. so, going CF on the frame will help with rigidity and solve the flex. then we can work on optimizing the isolation
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by askman; Jul 12, 2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 02:26 PM
Explorer
Norge, Telemark, Notodden
Joined Jul 2005
226 Posts
This should be easy but I cant get the camera to center on roll. I tried calibrating acc and gyro but it thinks it's level when it's tilted.

edit: To tired, to be continued tomorrow. I wish I never got tired.

Edit. So I have calibrated it by only connecting usb and forcing it to stay level, then hit calibrate.
then I connected wkm and fine tuned it.

But when I yaw my hexa, the gimbal thinks I am rolling.

I don't get this,,

Edit: Fixed,,just a calibration issue.
åsmund is offline Find More Posts by åsmund
Last edited by åsmund; Jul 13, 2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 07:06 PM
Joined Aug 2012
54 Posts
You guys must be real busy working on the Lobster and AG1kDD gimbal no one has posted anything on this forum. Please no one bother Gary and Askman so they finish real soon. Desperately needing this equipment. lol
Stevie D is offline Find More Posts by Stevie D
Old Jul 15, 2013, 08:58 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
ben is having fun with his v1.0 lobster and ag500DD.

Residential Flyover (1 min 44 sec)

made some progress at least on couple things. Of course, I've sent out Carbon top plate to v2.0 testers. alternate is fully CF setup, but that would add lot to the cost and price.

I've done some work on the quad with retract. here is pic with the retract up.

we've been doing lot of work to get thing done. just be patient and things will flow.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2013, 09:19 PM
United States, MO, KCMO
Joined Apr 2013
76 Posts
Andrey you are right, I'm having a blast with you products! What's the price of the quad gonna be?
bvoran is offline Find More Posts by bvoran
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:02 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
that is pretty big quad. it will be running 4014 or 5010 motor with 15" props on 6S. price has not been determined yet. what I am doing is setting up a multicopter construction kit, so that people can make their own creation using various clamps, tubes and plates.

the quad body plate is setup so that it can also be y6 using same plate. would be non retract as y6 though. will be very flexible system.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2013, 12:27 PM
Explorer
Norge, Telemark, Notodden
Joined Jul 2005
226 Posts
My ag500dd arms got bent in the mail, so I was adjusting the gains for a few days before I discovered it. I wonder if my neibours are getting tired of me, flying all day :P The pins on the alexmos bord was also bent, but I did not think much about it.

I set the standard settings back and I have to fine tune it again to avoid small shakes in roll in fast flight and a bit wind.
I do have a flat hexa so, not the best platform to use in wind.
åsmund is offline Find More Posts by åsmund
Old Jul 16, 2013, 01:27 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
well, my neighbors think I am nuts anyway. XD well, glad you are getting things sorted.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2013, 01:28 PM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,561 Posts
the kids next door love mine... always come running out to watch haha.

cant wait to get my nex back... had dirt on the sensor so sent for repair
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Jul 16, 2013, 02:21 PM
Joined Oct 2012
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
the kids next door love mine... always come running out to watch haha.

cant wait to get my nex back... had dirt on the sensor so sent for repair
The NEX sensor is pretty prone to dust because of the lack of a mirror. Wet cleaning yourself isn't too bad, I wet clean mine as needed.
RCmit is offline Find More Posts by RCmit
Old Jul 16, 2013, 02:42 PM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCmit View Post
The NEX sensor is pretty prone to dust because of the lack of a mirror. Wet cleaning yourself isn't too bad, I wet clean mine as needed.
the dirt was behind the piece of plastic/glass/whatever is at the top when you take off the lens.
so impossible to get.

sony repairing it FOC under warranty
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Jul 16, 2013, 02:59 PM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Feb 2013
1,317 Posts
If anyone is interested I am selling my AG500DD gimbal, $475 Sold to Jeremy Smith
CG Photo is offline Find More Posts by CG Photo
Last edited by CG Photo; Jul 16, 2013 at 11:55 PM.
Closed Thread