SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jul 03, 2013, 09:04 AM
Joined Oct 2012
235 Posts
I am suddenly having an issue. No matter how long I wait (waited up to 45 mins so far) I keep getting yellow flashes on my Naza; tried doing advanced calibration and basic calibration and I am still having the same issue. Even went back to old firmware and then reinstalled 3.12 and I still can't get it sorted. Checked all my TX settings also, the assistant shows all my TX settings working correctly...
RCmit is offline Find More Posts by RCmit
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2013, 09:09 AM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Feb 2013
1,759 Posts
Fast flashing yellow is transmitter failsafe mode. Slow flashing yellow is esc warm up.
CG Photo is offline Find More Posts by CG Photo
Old Jul 03, 2013, 09:46 AM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCmit View Post
I am suddenly having an issue. No matter how long I wait (waited up to 45 mins so far) I keep getting yellow flashes on my Naza; tried doing advanced calibration and basic calibration and I am still having the same issue. Even went back to old firmware and then reinstalled 3.12 and I still can't get it sorted. Checked all my TX settings also, the assistant shows all my TX settings working correctly...
Have you done gps calibration?
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Old Jul 03, 2013, 10:57 AM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
866 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
Have you done gps calibration?
+1 try to do a gps calibration, if you succeed. Wait ten minutes and do the the advance calibration.
gww528 is offline Find More Posts by gww528
Old Jul 03, 2013, 12:17 PM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
gosh, x8 is bit of overkill, but looks good.
more efficient than a Y6 though with 12" props, which is what i wanted. and also i need a 2kg payload for some sensors i want to fly.
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
Old Jul 03, 2013, 05:00 PM
Joined Oct 2012
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
+1 try to do a gps calibration, if you succeed. Wait ten minutes and do the the advance calibration.
I finally got it going after doing advanced calibration twice. It was very odd that suddenly I started having issues...
Old Jul 03, 2013, 05:15 PM
Joined Mar 2008
866 Posts
Quote:
I finally got it going after doing advanced calibration twice. It was very odd that suddenly I started having issues...
that same exact thing happened to me
Old Jul 03, 2013, 08:37 PM
Joined Oct 2012
235 Posts
Quote:
that same exact thing happened to me
That makes me feel better; I do find it odd how it suddenly happened though. I am still a bit nervous to strap on my NEX-5n; I have been delaying thinking DJI may release another firmware update.
Old Jul 03, 2013, 09:55 PM
Joined Mar 2008
866 Posts
Quote:
That makes me feel better; I do find it odd how it suddenly happened though. I am still a bit nervous to strap on my NEX-5n; I have been delaying thinking DJI may release another firmware update.
I fly with the Nex-5R
Old Jul 03, 2013, 11:17 PM
Joined Oct 2012
235 Posts
Quote:
I fly with the Nex-5R
Cool; I will be ordering a 500DD from Andrey and Gary soon
Old Jul 04, 2013, 01:03 AM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Is anyone using a Nex and Rokinon 8mm fisheye?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Fish_Eye.html
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Old Jul 04, 2013, 01:45 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,587 Posts
why would you want to put a fish eye lens on a nex to fly..... just makes the footage look gopro
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
Old Jul 04, 2013, 02:01 AM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
why would you want to put a fish eye lens on a nex to fly..... just makes the footage look gopro
In particular, I would correct the fisheye for wide stills with higher resolution than the GoPro example below. The GoPro jpegs are pretty limited compared with raws from the Nex. I also would use it for videos when I need a wide view - fisheye or corrected. I can't see how changing cameras on a gimbal or using two copters would be a better approach than using a Nex with this lens and the 16-50.
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Old Jul 04, 2013, 12:10 PM
Joined Oct 2012
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanGold View Post
In particular, I would correct the fisheye for wide stills with higher resolution than the GoPro example below. The GoPro jpegs are pretty limited compared with raws from the Nex. I also would use it for videos when I need a wide view - fisheye or corrected. I can't see how changing cameras on a gimbal or using two copters would be a better approach than using a Nex with this lens and the 16-50.
Great shot Alan
Old Jul 04, 2013, 12:54 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,796 Posts
I have all of the rokinon primes and the fisheye. They are excellent quality, can't tell the difference between them and Canon L glass really. they get high ratings.
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Closed Thread