HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jun 20, 2013, 08:58 AM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
for GH2, it is tricky/questionable. yoke may fit gh2 after upgrade, but not sure if motors are robust enough to handle the weight and whether you can balance it well enough. with pancake lens, it may work, but can't guarantee it.

at anyrate, ag600v2 will become same class as ag500DD but with original isolation. ag700v2 will become similar to ag600DD, but only 2 axis and uses the original isolation. adding 3rd axis is possible, but may require some work to reduce height (the down tube may need to be cut down)

the ag600DD will be 3 axis from the shop.
I have the AG600 V2. When do you expect the AG600DD with 3 axis to be ready? Any idea how much it will weigh?
gww528 is offline Find More Posts by gww528
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2013, 03:09 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
ag600 final version is being built now. have to be tested. first ones may be about by end of next week. 3 axis ag500 is 640gm . ag600 should be about 850 to 900 probably. bigger motors add150gm alone. this is designed for gh3. at 1kg load.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 20, 2013, 05:49 PM
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Oct 2011
58 Posts
T2i is a little heavier than the gh3. Will the 600DD be good with the t2i?
pcassociate is offline Find More Posts by pcassociate
Old Jun 20, 2013, 07:11 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
according to what i can find, t2i body is actually slightly lighter than gh3. slightly smaller and thinner as well. I guess it will depend on lens. but looks like it is same class camera. should be ok
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 20, 2013, 08:39 PM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2005
845 Posts
Are you able to use the gopro 2.7k mode with the new iso?
theShark is offline Find More Posts by theShark
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:04 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Dec 2011
337 Posts
Roll axis vibration bounce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
No, that never panned out. The hybrid just aren't fast enough, due to the belt drive, and the controller had to work harder, trying to compensate for the lag.

We will, however, have an upgrade for the AG700 that will make it into an AG600DD, which is really now the same size. The whole upgrade will be less expensive than just one of the HoverFly Gimbal boards.

-- Gary
Thanks Gary,

Well ok then sign me up Is it servo driven or DD?

I have two recent issues I need help with.

The FIRST is that I have a vibration or shake that has cropped up in the roll axis.
[/B][/B]
I can see it when the copter is at rest on my work table and the gimbal is powered up as well as in the air. I can tap one of the sides on the roll axis and it stays level, but it then vibrates in that enter point back and forth until i lightly touch it and it stops. It is more pronounced in the actual video. I carried a heavy 5d the other day. I had to do some adjustments on the gimbal to make it fit. My rig wasn't very stable during those flights. This issue cropped up after that. I swapped in a new roll servo, but it was the same effect.

The SECOND is with my large gear reduction on the roll axis.

I tried to tighten the set screws, however, one of the threads won't let me tighten anymore. Its as if the thread is bad. I'm not sure if this issue has to do with the latter.

In any event, I think I need a new gear that will take both set screws again.

What do you guys think? Could it be the hoverfly or is it mechanical?

cheers,
matthew
matthewlavin is offline Find More Posts by matthewlavin
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:35 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
the shake is caused by loose pulley against the block. it helps to tighten it down. if you need replacement pulley, they are fairly affordable (6 bucks plus ship)

DD upgrade is brushless direct drive
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:32 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
813 Posts
good prices

Selling some stuff that someone might be interested in. --- JOHN http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1916307
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Jun 21, 2013, 03:45 PM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Feb 2013
1,760 Posts
I just can't get my AD500DD to work correctly. It shakes like a scared puppy. I have put it on the front of my vulcan frame, and I tried moving it back to center. I removed the 3rd axis, then I removed the extra board for isolation to try and stiffen up the mounting. I've tried sorbothane mounting. I have tried many different PID combinations from high to low. It's easy to tune out the low freq vibrations and the off angle high freq vibes. Nothing I have tried does anything for the shaking. I don't have to fly it to see the shaking. I can just grab the hex, and move it with my hands and most of the time it shakes then the camera gets back to center. I have tried Nex 5N with 16mm and a gopro 3. The shaking in in the roll axis only. Pitch is fine with a wide range of settings.

In flight I there are times where it works for a little while but then the oscillations come back. I've never seen this in any other Alexmos stabilized gimbal video. Is there any solution to this?

This video was done with Hero 3. PID 6 .03 5 (both roll and pitch) Power at 100. (I've also tried many different power settings from 50 up to 120)

gimbal test (1 min 42 sec)
CG Photo is offline Find More Posts by CG Photo
Old Jun 21, 2013, 03:56 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
that is really light load for it the 500. hows the balance? .

two possible cause. 1, is balance. if is actually tougher to balance with lighter load. unbalanced load will cause issues.

if balance is perfect, then the other issue is that you don't have enough mass loading for the motor. we've seen this on ag400 and we added bit of tuning weight.

one thing about DD is that it requires certain mass damping. too light a load and it does not like it and starts strange issues. gopro is less than100gm. I am willing to bet if you add another 100gm load, the issue will go away. infact, higher the load, easier it is to tune. light load is really tough unless you go down in voltage and or smaller motor.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by askman; Jun 21, 2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 04:05 PM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Feb 2013
1,760 Posts
I get the same vibration with my NEX 5. I'll try with more weight on it. I have a video converter that I have not added to it yet.
CG Photo is offline Find More Posts by CG Photo
Last edited by CG Photo; Jun 21, 2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 04:28 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
866 Posts
#ashman, reading your response about a light load. Would you say that the Sony Nex 5R with the compact 16-50mm lens, is too light for the AG700 DD?
gww528 is offline Find More Posts by gww528
Old Jun 21, 2013, 04:33 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
if vibration is also with nex5, then it is balance. as I've mentioned, you will need to do fine balance with your camera. I got it close enough to test/setup.

nex5 with ag700 upgraded to DD should be fine.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2013, 04:54 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
if vibration is also with nex5, then it is balance. as I've mentioned, you will need to do fine balance with your camera. I got it close enough to test/setup.

nex5 with ag700 upgraded to DD should be fine.
Andrey:

How about doing a video on how to set up a camera with the 500DD from start to finish?

Love to get that, because it would help all of us new users.

best

- - david
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
Old Jun 21, 2013, 05:36 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
I will see if I can get kenji to do a video. I was going to do one with photos and put it on my blog. I will still do that.
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread