HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:50 PM
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by liske View Post
Can anyone tell me the bolt / washer / nut order from the front of the gimbal to the back? Mine came in pieces and I can't figure out the best order to lock the gimbal component to the long bolt everything attaches to. This is the main left right stabilization part, not the front/back. also the weight of the server seems pretty heavy on that one side but maybe once I get it secured it won't matter.

It just keeps tipping to one side as it slips on the bolt. Thanks for any help.
Thanks, the question was answered from the source
liske is offline Find More Posts by liske
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:55 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,796 Posts
Only if.... http://www.viewfactor.net/blog/?p=331
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:14 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jan 2007
182 Posts
I am selling my old setup if anyone is interested:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1835734
t-rexn8 is offline Find More Posts by t-rexn8
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:41 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
cool camera. basically put the whole thing on new case with cmount. sheesh. talk about lot of work. just goes to show you that there are market for such things (hint hint gopro XD)
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:26 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
cool camera. basically put the whole thing on new case with cmount. sheesh. talk about lot of work. just goes to show you that there are market for such things (hint hint gopro XD)
It would be nice for the ag500. " internal CPU interfaced to the camera that allows us to enable/disable the auto exposure as well as provide digital zoom for checking critical focus." They basically turned the gopro into a mini dslr that can shoot 2.7k.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:13 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
It would be nice for the ag500. " internal CPU interfaced to the camera that allows us to enable/disable the auto exposure as well as provide digital zoom for checking critical focus." They basically turned the gopro into a mini dslr that can shoot 2.7k.
Wow, that is way cool, indeed. Not having manual exposure control is really one of the only limitations on the H3B.

New subject: I finally received my new GH3, with the 12-35mm f/2.8 lens. It is going on my Lobster/AG700 setup, pretty much a mirror of Cedric's setup. This camera/lens combo weighs exactly 2lbs (904g), and based on initial use, we are going to beef up the AG700 and the IMS in a couple spots, to eliminate some flex.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is online now Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:18 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
Wow, that is way cool, indeed. Not having manual exposure control is really one of the only limitations on the H3B.

New subject: I finally received my new GH3, with the 12-35mm f/2.8 lens. It is going on my Lobster/AG700 setup, pretty much a mirror of Cedric's setup. This camera/lens combo weighs exactly 2lbs (904g), and based on initial use, we are going to beef up the AG700 and the IMS in a couple spots, to eliminate some flex.

-- Gary

Can't wait to see this footage. That looks like the dream combo right now. I am really curious to see how the IS works
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:46 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,796 Posts
Quote:

-- Gary
unfortunately they will only make a few of them
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:44 AM
pellepixel Photo&CGI
Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Hamburgsund
Joined Dec 2011
24 Posts
Waiting for Crab

Any news around the Crab? I have waiting for this for so long time now? Since you adverticed it last summer.
You adapting to other quad DJI constructions but think your Crab should be the perfect simple and best construction for a RC100 or NEX.
I have got everything else to start building it.

Look att the new small Sony NEX-3n adverticed yesterday - but only 50/60i (interframe) I think.
pellepiel is offline Find More Posts by pellepiel
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:27 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
If you want a crab, just contact me and I will set you up

for smaller camera, rx100 is tough to beat, for video, I've heard that hx30v is also pretty good. (for smaller sensor)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:03 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepiel View Post
Any news around the Crab? I have waiting for this for so long time now? Since you adverticed it last summer.
You adapting to other quad DJI constructions but think your Crab should be the perfect simple and best construction for a RC100 or NEX.
I have got everything else to start building it.

Look att the new small Sony NEX-3n adverticed yesterday - but only 50/60i (interframe) I think.
Crab is fun. I love mine. it is my favorite mutirotor so far. Just wish Hoverfly would send my gimbal control back.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:07 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,163 Posts
I will get to the Crab eventually, but I want to wait until we get Michael's working right. Hopefully, they will get his HFG board back to him soon, or send a replacement.

Tomorrow I will get my Lobster/AG700 back in the air, with the GH3/12-35mm combo. Looking forward to seeing how this performs.

I did another test this morning with the Phantom and the AG400-TL tilt axis gimbal. With the Hero3 Black in the 2.7k recording mode, There's lots of resolution "room" to eliminate the roll movements and fix the fisheye effect.

Phantom AG400 TL Tilt Axis Gimbal Test 07 (3 min 13 sec)

Anyway, we are about ready to start offering these. I'm now pretty happy with the results.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is online now Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:47 PM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Quote:
With the Hero3 Black in the 2.7k recording mode, There's lots of resolution "room" to eliminate the roll movements and fix the fisheye effect.

-- Gary
Do you mind describing your computer system (graphics card, memory, processor.) And the software/workflow steps you are using for editing 2.7K.
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:38 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Dec 2011
337 Posts
AG700 yolk flexing

Hey guys, so I have been testing the ag700 with new (8) isolation mounted on my gear rails. The mount has a very rigid attachment to the frame. My plan was that I would be using a 5d for some upcoming shoots. I currently am using a nex7 with 18-55 lens. Its my goto camera for aerial work.

However, I'm getting a lot of micro bounce and some vibration with the nex7. It seems to caused from the two longer yoke arms that hold the camera tray. I have the cam mounted center/center on the roll and tilt axis of the tray. It seems that it is putting a lot of weight on the arms causing it to flex.

Could i use the shorter arms from the ag600 to help this issue? Perhaps it will creat less flex because of the weight distribution. I'm not sure how to deal with the issue for the bigger cameras, but it will at least get the nex7 working.

I was warned by Gary that the ag700 is more prone to microbounce with bigger/heavier cameras but I'm only using the nex7 now. Let me know what you guys think.

thanks
matthew
matthewlavin is offline Find More Posts by matthewlavin
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:15 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
Mattew, we've found the same issue and have a fix out for this. pm me and I will send you an update kit
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread