Closed Thread
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:26 PM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
I have one sitting on my table, but have to find time to get to it LOL. last guy I talked to said it did not like the way we have the roll servo (2.5:1 ratio) and he turn it into a continous servo and ran it that way as open loop for roll have not heard back since.
Send it to me, I have plenty of time...

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is online now Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:35 PM
Joined Oct 2012
34 Posts
Bolt / Nut order

Can anyone tell me the bolt / washer / nut order from the front of the gimbal to the back? Mine came in pieces and I can't figure out the best order to lock the gimbal component to the long bolt everything attaches to. This is the main left right stabilization part, not the front/back. also the weight of the server seems pretty heavy on that one side but maybe once I get it secured it won't matter.

It just keeps tipping to one side as it slips on the bolt. Thanks for any help.
liske is offline Find More Posts by liske
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:08 PM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Do not trim a naza, if it drifts (outside of wind pushing it) then you need to tweak your setup
My F550 has a slight drift to the right in both Atti and GPS modes. How do i "tweak" my settings to stop the drift. I saw that trimming is a bad idea. thanks
gromitvt10 is online now Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:00 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gromitvt10 View Post
My F550 has a slight drift to the right in both Atti and GPS modes. How do i "tweak" my settings to stop the drift. I saw that trimming is a bad idea. thanks
you need to turn the GPS/Compass if it is not flying straight. the setup is in the manual. Drifting can be caused by not being properly balanced.
gww528 is online now Find More Posts by gww528
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:02 PM
Joined Mar 2008
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
F550 landing gear has center hole which was designed for the pan shaft. (as well as the new ag700 landing gear) I guess I need to send you bolt on pan system for it. (it bolts onto the existing holes) it is 4:1 ratio belt drive using continuous servo. and add bit of weight and height. I do have the design for it already
Ya! Looking forward to seeing it.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:25 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Would you mind sharing what you are flying? Frame/Props/Etc

Mind if I take a guess with little to no info? You mounted your Naza on foam?
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:35 AM
Joined Feb 2002
1,955 Posts
Quote:
Would you mind sharing what you are flying? Frame/Props/Etc

Mind if I take a guess with little to no info? You mounted your Naza on foam?
Flying a DJI F550 flame wheel, stock 8in props and motors. 4s 5000mah batt. Naza mounted in center of bottom plate on the included foam tape. Spektrum AR8000 mounted next to naza on foam tape.

GPS location X -7, Y 4, Z -13. All measurements taken from center of Naza on bottom plate.

Gains, 130, 130, 130, 120, 120, 120.

IMU calibaration completed....still drifting right.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:51 AM
Joined Mar 2008
824 Posts
I had a problem with the battery wires being too close to the GPS. You may want to check that.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:10 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Flying a DJI F550 flame wheel, stock 8in props and motors. 4s 5000mah batt. Naza mounted in center of bottom plate on the included foam tape. Spektrum AR8000 mounted next to naza on foam tape.

GPS location X -7, Y 4, Z -13. All measurements taken from center of Naza on bottom plate.

Gains, 130, 130, 130, 120, 120, 120.

IMU calibaration completed....still drifting right.
Move your RX first. The next thing I would do is adjust your GPS position. I know the common belief is that the GPS doesn't work in ATTI but I have run some RF interference tests recently and I think otherwise.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:57 AM
Joined Feb 2002
1,955 Posts
Quote:
Move your RX first. The next thing I would do is adjust your GPS position. I know the common belief is that the GPS doesn't work in ATTI but I have run some RF interference tests recently and I think otherwise.
OK, had more test flights today. I turned the GPS slightly to the left and it worked, flew solid in Atti and GPS modes. Thought problem was fixed, then switched out batteries, same size and mah. Took off and it drifted the other direction (left) Landed, powered down and turned the GPS back to the right. Powered back up and it flew perfect again. I would have done it again but only had 2 batteries. Seems like i have to adjust the GPS every flight, that doesn't seem right.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:03 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
It's a interference or balance issue. Make sure you are perfectly balanced before takeoff and move your GPS as far from everything else as you can.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:23 AM
Joined Feb 2002
1,955 Posts
Quote:
It's a interference or balance issue. Make sure you are perfectly balanced before takeoff and move your GPS as far from everything else as you can.
I'm guessing an interefence inssue, if it were due to balance it would haven't changed form flight to flight. i used the same battery in the same place. Anyone using any type of reynolds wrap under or around the gps unit?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:45 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
I'm guessing an interefence inssue, if it were due to balance it would haven't changed form flight to flight. i used the same battery in the same place. Anyone using any type of reynolds wrap under or around the gps unit?
Copper tape and yes.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:30 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,704 Posts
Quote:
I agree. I always mount my Rx and satellites on the arms away from the Naza. My personal opinion that the 4S 5000mAh is a very large lipo for this frame especially when mounted on the top plate. If you want to use it, then I would get some landing gear and mount it under the bottom plate. When you say you mount the lipo in exactly the same position every time, I would say close but not exactly the same. Keep working on it. You are getting close.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:47 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,499 Posts
You shouldn't have to adjust the GPS every flight. I have mine turned to the magnetic declination (14 degrees to the left here in SF, CA) and make sure you do the spin calibration anytime you move hardware around or move the GPS. I had drift until I found the right rotation on the GPS. I have tested CG by moving batteries way back or forward to mess up my CG and didn't get much drift at all, the naza corrected for it. You still want your CG centered, but I think it's less likely to cause drift then getting your GPS setup and calibrated.
Daloaf is online now Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread