SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:34 PM
Joined Mar 2012
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmonty View Post
Really curious to see what you think of that camera + lens. I am hearing good things about the OIS of the lens - plus a lot of other good things about that combo. If I had the money - that's where I would spend it
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
I too am really curious about this camera/lens combo. Now that you can be our guinea pig, Cedric, I can wait a bit until they become available locally. I can get the lens here now, but since it is as much as the camera body, I will wait until I have something to mount it on.

Anyway, looking forward to the videos.
I'll let you know . It should be good, I keep reading that it beats the 5d Mk lll for video!!!
Waiting for the post man (and gimbal parts from Andrey), I'll post some footage once it is all set up...
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:41 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Nice review: http://www.yonderbluefilms.com/blog/...gh2-video.html

These guys are probably my favorite pros right now. Great bunch of guys.
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:47 PM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
there was very little difference between 500 and 600 except for camera tray. with tube camera tray base design, we decided that there is very little reason to offer separate 500 and 600. what we will do is offer gopro mounting kit for 600 and shorter tube set(or you can cut it down) if someone want to make it narrower. this way, you will have greater flexibility.
Great, I'd like to order one with the GoPro mount and tube. How do I do that?
gromitvt10 is online now Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:26 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
I am doing a batch of 600 at the moment. it will ship to gary early next week. I can either set one up as gopro or include a short tube kit (if you want both) at a nomical cost. let me know and I will set it up.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:44 PM
Joined Feb 2002
1,987 Posts
Quote:
I am doing a batch of 600 at the moment. it will ship to gary early next week. I can either set one up as gopro or include a short tube kit (if you want both) at a nomical cost. let me know and I will set it up.
I'll take one that is already set up for the GoPro. Thanks. But I do have a question. You no longer offer the AG500 which was already made for a GoPro but you do offer the AG600 which costs more and you are charging to make it fit a GoPro? Or is it a choice of how the customer wants it setup with no additional charge? I plan on buying it but I was just curious. Thanks
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:41 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
well, there was really not much price difference between 500 and 600, which was 25 bucks. with the adjustable camera tray, we thought it was better way to go.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:50 PM
Joined Feb 2002
1,987 Posts
Quote:
well, there was really not much price difference between 500 and 600, which was 25 bucks. with the adjustable camera tray, we thought it was better way to go.
OK, thanks. PM sent.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:51 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gromitvt10 View Post
I'll take one that is already set up for the GoPro. Thanks. But I do have a question. You no longer offer the AG500 which was already made for a GoPro but you do offer the AG600 which costs more and you are charging to make it fit a GoPro? Or is it a choice of how the customer wants it setup with no additional charge? I plan on buying it but I was just curious. Thanks
It should only cost more if you want multiple setups. Frankly, I would just use the standard AG600 adjustable baseplate, with either the GoPro tripod adapter, or by just sticking on one of the flat GoPro supplied adapter plates. This way you can get the GP centered and balanced perfectly.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is online now Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:35 PM
Joined Mar 2012
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmonty View Post
Nice review: http://www.yonderbluefilms.com/blog/...gh2-video.html

These guys are probably my favorite pros right now. Great bunch of guys.
I had actually seen that... Thanks though
So I got the beast earlier today, it looks and feels really solid. I tried to fit it onto the AG600 but that was pretty hopeless . I took a few vid samples earlier and the picture is absolutely amazing...

Now all I need is for DJI to come out with a Z15 frame for the GH3, and the AG700 parts for the Lobster

Andrey, Did you manage to send the new plates out today?
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:03 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
I had actually seen that... Thanks though
So I got the beast earlier today, it looks and feels really solid. I tried to fit it onto the AG600 but that was pretty hopeless . I took a few vid samples earlier and the picture is absolutely amazing...

Now all I need is for DJI to come out with a Z15 frame for the GH3, and the AG700 parts for the Lobster

Andrey, Did you manage to send the new plates out today?
It turns out one of our local camera chains (www.samys.com) has been getting a couple of the GH3s in a week so I went ahead and paid for one. I got the lens as well, as they had that in stock. Anyway, I should get it sometime in the next 3-4 days, I'm guessing.

Mine will be going on my AG700/Lobster setup, which really is the perfect size for it. Can't wait to see the videos, Cedric.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is online now Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:40 AM
Joined Mar 2012
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
It turns out one of our local camera chains (www.samys.com) has been getting a couple of the GH3s in a week so I went ahead and paid for one. I got the lens as well, as they had that in stock. Anyway, I should get it sometime in the next 3-4 days, I'm guessing.

Mine will be going on my AG700/Lobster setup, which really is the perfect size for it. Can't wait to see the videos, Cedric.

-- Gary
Nice Gary!

You'll probably be getting everything ready to fly before me
Andrey should have all my Gimbal parts ready tomorrow (Thanks Andrey!), but shipping from the States always takes long from some reason...
Looking forward to seeing your footage too, and maybe we can share HFG gain settings and remote shutter solutions

-- Cedric.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:20 AM
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Oct 2011
58 Posts
Any comparison between the Lobster and a Carbon Core y6? Looking to build a 6s Y-config camera ship. Motors will be tiger 400kv motors, 40 or 60 amp esc, 2x5000 mah 6c batteries. Original plan was to build carbon core y6 and mount a 3xpt photoship one gimbal to it. But looking at options before ordering everything next week. We want to stick with 5000mah 6s batteries since that is what we run our single rotors on.
pcassociate is offline Find More Posts by pcassociate
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:28 AM
Joined May 2010
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcassociate View Post
Any comparison between the Lobster and a Carbon Core y6? Looking to build a 6s Y-config camera ship. Motors will be tiger 400kv motors, 40 or 60 amp esc, 2x5000 mah 6c batteries. Original plan was to build carbon core y6 and mount a 3xpt photoship one gimbal to it. But looking at options before ordering everything next week. We want to stick with 5000mah 6s batteries since that is what we run our single rotors on.

Awesome question! Cant wait to hear what answer you get:-)

Link to those motors?
Trulsen is offline Find More Posts by Trulsen
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:09 AM
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Oct 2011
58 Posts
http://www.rc-drones.com/rct-MT3520.php
pcassociate is offline Find More Posts by pcassociate
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:54 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
gary has set of 400kv pancakes (sunnysky 3508) that he want to run on the x8, but I don't see it being an issue. it is very stiff frame. CC frame is very good frame (pim nuts were bit painful, but I guess they come factory installed now) i think weight will be similar by the time you add the LG/isolation though even though CC frame itself is lighter. lobster is bit heavier in the frame, but integrated LG/isolation system saves weight of external lg.

frankly, y6 is y6. as long as it is stiff and reasonably light they should fly the same.
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread