SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:00 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,113 Posts
Okay, I finally got the website re-enabled/updated, and added one new item, which is an extra-large landing gear/IMS that is tailored to the AG700. It still fits on the F550, although I wouldn't recommend a heavy AG700 setup be used on a stock F550. Mat Levin has a special hex where he used the F550 frame plates, but added his own CF arms and big 2814 motors. This new LG set is designed for that kind of setup, but it could be used with other larger platforms as well.

I've updated all the instructions, including the new configuration for the AG600 baseplate, but I still need to upload them to server. I also still need to add a small kit for those AG600 users that might want the new tube-based baseplate.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:48 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,113 Posts
Forgot to add a picture of the new XL LG/IMS set. It uses two tube sections and four compression plates, each with two Silicon isolators.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:16 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,730 Posts
got that flight in with roll disabled. Looks steadier without the roll on. I did some quick left to right movements in the beginning to see if it would roll on me it did not.. after that it was normal flying.

GOPR0003 2 (2 min 25 sec)
Wingbreaker is online now Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:45 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Mar 2012
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
Crappy day over here yesterday... Thought I would take the lobster up to "catch" some sunshine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aPJO9B4nz0
Very creative. At what altitude were you flying? And you mention not seeing after awhile - did you go beyond your range limits?
red1one is offline Find More Posts by red1one
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:20 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
got that flight in with roll disabled. Looks steadier without the roll on. I did some quick left to right movements in the beginning to see if it would roll on me it did not.. after that it was normal flying.

https://vimeo.com/58943245
Definitely looks better, so the problem has to be HFG-related. We will sort it out tomorrow.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:23 PM
Joined May 2010
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
hi trulsen. the big issue of v1.5 to v2.0 is that it is a completely new system with very little being reused. We can provide a discount for v1.x owner for v2.0 (10 %) and deduct the price of the servo if you want to reuse it. if you want to go this route, let me know.
Thanks, can you send me an offer on PM? Thanks
Trulsen is offline Find More Posts by Trulsen
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:24 PM
Joined Mar 2012
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red1one View Post
Very creative. At what altitude were you flying? And you mention not seeing after awhile - did you go beyond your range limits?
Thanks! Not at all, I could not see it because it dissapeared in the fog/clouds, but I think the furthest away I got from home was 100m at 70m altitude ^^. I set myself up for flight as close as possible to the cloud line above a large vacated construction site (half way up the mountain) just in case
c3d76 is online now Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:02 AM
Kite flying SCRAPS member
Hampshire, UK
Joined Apr 2004
982 Posts
Hi I have a couple of questions, I have just bought a used AG550 V1.5 and I wondered what the differences were between that version and the V2 version?

Is there a kit of upgrade parts I can buy?

and last Question is there an upgrade path to the new AG600 (I'm guessing not)?

Thanks
DaveB...>
GliderGuideMan is online now Find More Posts by GliderGuideMan
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:23 PM
Explorer
Norge, Telemark, Notodden
Joined Jul 2005
226 Posts
Would it be possible to use a spring to keep the tension on the belt on a certain level? It seams to me the tension is decreased in the cold. I had problems with the axis changing position after flying for a while. Increasing the tension solved the problem, but from time to time I need to tighten it again. An adjustable spring would make it easier,,but perhaps heavy, I don't know.

Here is my last video with the AG600, dji as gimbal controller and a small amount of post stabilizing in after effects.

Flying in Seljord - Winter (3 min 30 sec)
åsmund is offline Find More Posts by åsmund
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:59 PM
Support yer local CharlieSheen
Joined May 2011
1,022 Posts
best so far (1 min 9 sec)

This is the best performance I have been able to get out of my AG550 so far, as far as the camera staying level with no big movements while maneuvering the ship. Still though I have some jitter as can be seen in this video. I can see the camera/gimbal jitter when holding the ship and rolling it back and forth. I have the PID gain set at 20, roll accel. gain at 375, and tilt accel. gain at 450. No matter what the accel gain settings are the jitter persists. The roll servo is brand new, the belts are not too tight or too loose, the yoke is tight, the set screws are tight, the gimbal rolls freely when the belt is off, no binding. I am truly at my wits end having this thing working as well as it does being unable to get rid of this jitter. Any ideas?
isaacintheclouds is offline Find More Posts by isaacintheclouds
Last edited by isaacintheclouds; Feb 05, 2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:57 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
very nice asmund. great video.

things to watch out for

1) make sure camera is mounted firmly. if it moves at all, it will show up.
2) try to keep camera balanced as much as possible in the gimbal (which is tougher for v1.x) but still possible,(add weight to off side if needed.
3) I used to fly with lower accel gain on v1.x it has lower ratio to start with. I was using about 100. accel when I was running v1.x

I would start with those suggestions.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:38 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,730 Posts
I don't know if anyone is interested but I am selling a great NEX5N for $295.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1826162
Wingbreaker is online now Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:15 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Dec 2011
330 Posts
Here is a picture of the modified f550.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
Okay, I finally got the website re-enabled/updated, and added one new item, which is an extra-large landing gear/IMS that is tailored to the AG700. It still fits on the F550, although I wouldn't recommend a heavy AG700 setup be used on a stock F550. Mat Levin has a special hex where he used the F550 frame plates, but added his own CF arms and big 2814 motors. This new LG set is designed for that kind of setup, but it could be used with other larger platforms as well.

I've updated all the instructions, including the new configuration for the AG600 baseplate, but I still need to upload them to server. I also still need to add a small kit for those AG600 users that might want the new tube-based baseplate.

-- Gary
matthewlavin is offline Find More Posts by matthewlavin
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:10 PM
Joined Mar 2012
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewlavin View Post
Here is a picture of the modified f550.
Very very nice!
c3d76 is online now Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:39 PM
United States, OR, Keizer
Joined Jul 2012
453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
I don't know if anyone is interested but I am selling a great NEX5N for $295.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1826162
Dangit- looks like there were a couple takers already!
Banana Furikake is offline Find More Posts by Banana Furikake
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread